#1 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:53 AM

Hey folks,
Sorry, but I've been running hard with my new job........I'll never be able to retire!!
As per all of the information put out there the 2009 CRAP rally will be April 3-5 at Jordan Lake, NC.  The best group site I could lock in is at Parkers Creek group camping site #256.  This site is close to the water as well as my favorite location......the bathrooms!  Jordan lake has a good web site, so directions and camp site location is easy to find.
It seems that there is a lot of interest this year and I know it will be a good one!!
It would be great to get information on any tech type stuff (other than the casual on-the-spot ones) people want to see as well as any type of contests we want to have.  I have some pretty-shinny things being made for prizes.
As always this is a potluck.......but don't let not being able to bring stuff stop ya!!  There is always more than enough for everyone!!
I really look forward to this year!

#2 dwight

dwight

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:25 AM

View PostjohnR, on Feb 20 2009, 08:53 AM, said:

Hey folks,
Sorry, but I've been running hard with my new job........I'll never be able to retire!!
As per all of the information put out there the 2009 CRAP rally will be April 3-5 at Jordan Lake, NC.  The best group site I could lock in is at Parkers Creek group camping site #256.  This site is close to the water as well as my favorite location......the bathrooms!  Jordan lake has a good web site, so directions and camp site location is easy to find.
It seems that there is a lot of interest this year and I know it will be a good one!!
It would be great to get information on any tech type stuff (other than the casual on-the-spot ones) people want to see as well as any type of contests we want to have.  I have some pretty-shinny things being made for prizes.
As always this is a potluck.......but don't let not being able to bring stuff stop ya!!  There is always more than enough for everyone!!
Here is a link to pictures of the campsite - hope to see you all there!

CRAP '09 Campsite Pics

Dwight
'05 Tourist
'93 Solo
Ridin' the back roads of Holly Springs and Apex, NC
www.dwightrahl.com

#3 Mark_MB750M

Mark_MB750M

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

View Postdwight, on Feb 22 2009, 08:25 AM, said:

Hey folks,
As per all of the information put out there the 2009 CRAP rally will be April 3-5 at Jordan Lake, NC. The best group site I could lock in is at Parkers Creek group camping site #256. This site is close to the water as well as my favorite location......the bathrooms! Jordan lake has a good web site, so directions and camp site location is easy to find.
It would be great to get information on any tech type stuff (other than the casual on-the-spot ones) people want to see as well as any type of contests we want to have. I have some pretty-shinny things being made for prizes.
As always this is a potluck.......but don't let not being able to bring stuff stop ya!! There is always more than enough for everyone!!

Great news.  Thanks for setting this up.

Do you want us to confirm our attendance?

M

CRAP '09 Campsite Pics

Dwight

Current:
2002 Ural Tourist
2017 Harley-Davidson FLHTK

Previous:
2000 BMW RT1100RT
1975 MB-750M
2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
1995 Honda Pan-European (ST1100)
1977 Honda CB750F

#4 dwight

dwight

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:16 PM

View PostMark_MB750M, on Feb 22 2009, 08:59 AM, said:

View Postdwight, on Feb 22 2009, 08:25 AM, said:

Hey folks,
As per all of the information put out there the 2009 CRAP rally will be April 3-5 at Jordan Lake, NC. The best group site I could lock in is at Parkers Creek group camping site #256. This site is close to the water as well as my favorite location......the bathrooms! Jordan lake has a good web site, so directions and camp site location is easy to find.
It would be great to get information on any tech type stuff (other than the casual on-the-spot ones) people want to see as well as any type of contests we want to have. I have some pretty-shinny things being made for prizes.
As always this is a potluck.......but don't let not being able to bring stuff stop ya!! There is always more than enough for everyone!!

Great news.  Thanks for setting this up.

Do you want us to confirm our attendance?

M

CRAP '09 Campsite Pics

Dwight
Hey Mark,

I don't know if John needs a head count or not - so I guess he'll let us know if a count is needed.

Dwight
'05 Tourist
'93 Solo
www.dwightrahl.com

#5 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:22 AM

The way I figure we should have plenty of room for all that are camping.  I know from past events there is room for 15 tents easy.  Any more than that we would either have to pay attention to placement or get another site.  This year we will be able to have plenty of room with one site.
Boy this thing is going to be fun.  I hope to see it as one of the "places to be" for side car rigs.

#6 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

If anyone is in contact with Ural Mel-Please let him know the CRAP dates.  He has been there the last two years and I would look forward to seeing him again.
Some FYI:  We ask for folks to bring what they can for the pot luck on Saturday, but we have always had more than enough for everyone, so especially those coming from out of the area-don't try and pack a lot of food.....I promise you will not go hungry.  I think I speak for the group when I say that just having everyone there is what makes this a great event and everyone shares everything (expept my blow up ground pad!!)  For those camping we ask that you give $5 to help defray the cost of the site.  That is about it.  
Let me know if anyone needs anymore information and I look forward to seeing all of you,
John

#7 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

Put me down for a definate "be there" looking forward to it, how ever will be camping in my Mini MH, beats hell out of  red ant, sticks and rocks :rolleyes: .....Ken

#8 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:00 PM

I'm all set except my bike needs a state inspection.  :rolleyes:

One way or another, I'll be there!
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#9 hdflame

hdflame

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Firefighting
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking
    Upholstery and Leatherwork

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

View PostjohnR, on Feb 20 2009, 09:53 AM, said:

Hey folks,

Hello Everyone!

Haven't been on the board for a while but wanted to check on the CRAP Rally.  I just checked my dates and I'll be teaching a MSF BRC course that weekend!  :thumbsup!:   Sometimes we run a little early on Saturdays, so maybe I can break away in time for a short visit with everyone on Saturday afternoon.

Wish I could be there, had a great time last year.

Ken, I'll miss the fried CURD and the left over apple wood...it does some good smoking!

Ride safe,
Bobby Riddle, Sanford

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Firefighter Edition Road King
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Riddle's Custom Upholstery
Email me

#10 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:15 PM

View PostRich Maund, on Mar 19 2009, 04:00 PM, said:

I'm all set except my bike needs a state inspection.  :cheers:

One way or another, I'll be there!

How obvious are motorcycle inspection stickers down by you? I've gone a year over because I did not notice what was on my own bike. There so small I don't think the cops can read them. I'd  tell them I just got this thing running again and they'd believe me. The only time they ever looked was when they were doing a spot check stopping everyone. I was in NewYork at the time and they let me go.
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

#11 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

NC did away with the stickers, it's all computerized now.  They are still in a transition period, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#12 Mark_MB750M

Mark_MB750M

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

I think in NC they are supposed to be able to tell from the license plate sticker.  Your vehicle is supposed to be inspected when you renew the registration, but I've usually gotten the new plate sticker in the mail first, so I have no idea how they know you got inspected or not now - unless they can look it up on the computer.

I'm kind of excited for CRAP.  I returned my REI 4 man dome and got a smaller tent, plus picked up a stove and some cookware.  I'm going to try that out this weekend.  I just hope the weather cooperates - it look like rain through this weekend - and last year was pretty soggy as well.

See you all Friday!
Current:
2002 Ural Tourist
2017 Harley-Davidson FLHTK

Previous:
2000 BMW RT1100RT
1975 MB-750M
2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
1995 Honda Pan-European (ST1100)
1977 Honda CB750F

#13 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

I'm almost packed and planning on driving down tomorrow.  If I get there by tomorrow when it's still daylight should I : a)stay in a nearby motel? (probably preferable), b) pay for a campsite and move to your group site the next day (seems like a lot of trouble), or c) Use you name to set up in the group site early or bribe the manager if that dose not work?
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

#14 dwight

dwight

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

View PostIVANGROZNEY, on Apr 1 2009, 07:35 PM, said:

I'm almost packed and planning on driving down tomorrow.  If I get there by tomorrow when it's still daylight should I : a)stay in a nearby motel? (probably preferable), b) pay for a campsite and move to your group site the next day (seems like a lot of trouble), or c) Use you name to set up in the group site early or bribe the manager if that dose not work?
Hi Ken,

Looks like tomorrow promises to be a pretty rainy day - and there are calls for scattered thunderstorms Friday morning. I'd go with a hotel if I were you for tomorrow night. But, I have been (rightfully) accused of being less than adventurous at times...

However, the weather for Saturday and Sunday is looking REAL good so far...

Dwight (I'm from NJ myself! I grew up on Schooley's Mountain, just outside of Hackettstown)
'05 Tourist
'93 Solo
www.dwightrahl.com

#15 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:43 AM

Eh... What's a little rain Friday morning going to hurt? The rest of the weekend looks great!

I just copied the map and directions to the parkers Creek site off their web site. Packing up this evening to leave in the morning.

And for anyone who needs anything from me, I'll be bringing the following accessories for sale.

Camo tonneau.
Camo windshield skirt.
Black tonneau.
Black windshield skirt.
5- Foam padded seat covers.
3-Black side curtains.
A 19" open center tire cover.
Nine Pc. Ural interior carpet set.

I've been working nights to build some extra stuff!  :beerchug:
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"