13 replies to this topic

#1 Becky Blosser

Becky Blosser

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

The CRAP Rally posts made me realize that it's time for vacation planning.  This is the rally schedule that most of us look forward to during the warmer months.  I thought it would be a good idea to list them all so we can take a look at our calendars.

March, Carolina Rally and Potluck (CRAP), North Carolina (see this thread for details:  http://www.russianir...howtopic=10583)

May, Spring in The South (SpITS), Abbeville, SC (www.uralrallies.com)

June 12 14, 2008, Rally in the Valley, Front Royal, VA (Becky Blosser - bblosser@shentel.net)

July, BURP, Meadows of Dan, VA (Sid Pollard - thesidman11@msn.com)

August, Ron-Dee-Voo, Weikert, PA (Claude Stanley - cstanley@sunlink.net)

August 22 23, 2009, 3 for All, South Lyon, MI (Terry Crawford crawfordsales@sbcglobal.net) Includes Ann Arbor Ride for Kids.

October, FART, Black Mountain, NC (www.uralrallies.com)

Rally in the Valley is a rally that may be added.  The Valley is the Shenandoah Valley, with good riding on country roads, access to 4 states (VA, WV, MD, and PA), the Skyline Drive (fee required), several national parks and historic sites.  We are hoping to create a rally that is accessible to more of our northern friends.

This would be a very informal rally, with lots of riding.  This is just to let you know that plans are in the works, and to get some feedback as to how much interest there might be in a rally in this neck of the woods. Let us know if you would be interested, and suggestions are always welcome.
This post will be updated and reposted as things progress.
Becky Blosser
Russian Iron Administrator

Winchester, VA
A lonely outpost on the Eastern Front

"The answer to any question starting, 'Why don't they-' is almost always, 'Money.'" - Robert A. Heinlein

#2 Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:23 AM

2009 Dust 2 Dawson.  Dawson City, Yukon Territory.  June 25/26.  Email me if you think you are hardcore enough to ride to the Yukon.   :biggrin:

#3 berger

berger

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:59 AM

I believe a few of you are already heading to Quebec for the start of the "Tundra Run," but here is the link:

http://www.ah115.com...brador_500.html
Berger

2007 Patrol
R75 exhaust
Modtop Airbox
138/45 Jets
Gossie Needles
CJ750 24L Tank/Karcoma Petcock
7/64 Drilled Carb Slide

#4 Lyle

Lyle

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Weird stuff

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

Not Russian iron specific but I just got done bolting the fairing onto my 96 Tourist:

http://www.usmvmcnd.org/news1.html

January 24th in Fargo North Dakota pretty much guarentees it'll be blow zero F.
Hopefully my bike will start! Last year there were a couple sidehack rigs. This year will hopefully have one more.

#5 DirtyDR

DirtyDR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

U.S.C.A. National at Tahoe this year too. http://www.sidecar.com/rally.asp
Dana
2006 Blue soccer-mom-mobile

http://dirtydr.smugmug.com/

#6 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:33 PM

Has the date for SpITS been set yet? Is it going to happen this year?
I moved the Jersey Devil Hunt to May 15-17 because the first weekend in June was too hot last year.
If there is a conflict I probably have time to reschedual.
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

#7 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

I thought Spits was off again this year due to no one to run it down there.

I know Sid tried to contact Robbie and Becky and got no repsonse.

Personally, I am thinking CRAP wil replace SPITS on my calendar this year.
That means I have to stock up on toilet paper, but at least I can get rid of my bib!  :biggrin:
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#8 johnR

johnR

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

"but at least I can get rid of my bib"

Remember, its the Carolina Rally and Potluck.......you might want to bring along the bib for all the eating that will be done!! :biggrin:
John

#9 Gummiente

Gummiente

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, drums, beer, food

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Iron CURD '09, 14-16 Aug in Irondale, Ontario. Details on our CURD website.
Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
oVc Sales & Service
www.uralontario.ca

#10 IceQueen

IceQueen

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, Whitewater Rafting, Being owned by cats

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

Anything going on in New England?  Anybody interested in something in New England?  Fall foliage here is gorgeous.  I could be persuaded to do some organizing if there is sufficient interest.
Melanie
2007 Ural Gear Up Arctic Limited Edition, "Snowbeast"
1998 Honda Shadow ACE Tourer, "Hrududu"
2011 Suzuki V-Strom 650, "Farkle Monster"

#11 Iron Mike

Iron Mike

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles of all kinds! Music, Travel.

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

View PostDirtyDR, on Jan 13 2009, 06:31 PM, said:

U.S.C.A. National at Tahoe this year too. http://www.sidecar.com/rally.asp

Looks like the closest one to me, thats the one I'll be going to.

I'td be nice to have a Russian or sidecar rally somewhere in the Rockie Mountain states.   :thumbsup!:
Temporarily Dneprless

#12 TurtleZ

TurtleZ

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, music

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:31 AM

Any talk of dates yet for this years BURP? I'd also be interested in the Rally in the Valley should that come together.
Turtle

2006 Ural Tourist

#13 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

View PostTurtleZ, on Feb 12 2009, 10:31 AM, said:

Any talk of dates yet for this years BURP? I'd also be interested in the Rally in the Valley should that come together.

Sidney Pollard is in charge of the BURP Rally and always volunteers me to help. (He likes our cooking. Donna and I and any friends there that help pitch in have done the Saturday night dinner there for the past couple years. I have found that in spite of being loud, obnoxious and too talkative, folk'll put up with you if you can cook well.  :rolleyes: )
Here's the info on BURP that Sid sent me.

>>>The BURP "Blue Ridge Ural Rider's Party" will be held on the second weekend of July at Willville Bike Camp just 3/4 a mile West of the intersection of US Rt.58 and the B.R. Pkwy, on Rt. 58. This is open to European sidecar owners and wanna-bees, or anyone interested. This is a very relaxed rally, no games, open riding and sight seeing in the beautiful Meadows of Dan area in South Western Virginia, no planned events with the only exception of a get together meal Saturday evening (donations excepted only to cover cost). Attendees make their own reservations with Will Beers via www.willvillebikecamp.com. I only ask that I be notified if someone plans to attend, so that I can have some sort of a head count it helps plan for what will be needed for dinner Saturday night, Sid Pollard thesidman11@msn.com. This rally is co-hosted by Rich Maund (Rich Maund cycle upholstery)

Sidney Pollard<<<

You'll notice that we accept donations for the dinner. You wanna know what kind of terrific folks we get at the rally? Each year the donations have covered the groceries and we have reimbursed the folks who took the trouble to bring in beverages to share as well. I mean we exactly broke even two years in a row. It was perfect! Our rally goers would make mean competitors on "The Price is Right" game show.  :thumbsup!:

And, by the way.... I have a batch of Russian Imperial Stout Ale fermenting right now. I'll bring a few liter bottles to the CRAP Rally to share around the fire at night. My treat!
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#14 Becky Blosser

Becky Blosser

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

About BURP - the word from Sid is that it will be July 10 - 11.  

Rally in the Valley is still in the planning stages but we have decided on the weeked of June 12 - 14.

We have located a campground near Front Royal, for those who like to camp.  Not as tree shaded as Willville, but I have visited and while it's not a KOA, it still looks pretty good.

http://www.lowwaterb...campground.com/

For those who prefer motels, we are looking at the Cool Harbor Motel in Front Royal.  I'd give the URL if they had one.  For a tourist town, Front Royal doesn't have a lot of hotels/motels online.   I do have some pictures, though (see attached), and contact info if you want it.

We have talked to the management of both the motel and campground, and they are very biker-friendly - Front Royal, being the northern end of the Skyline Drive, gets LOTS of bikers.

There are lots of good riding roads, access to 4 states (we're looking at taking Rt. 15 or Rt. 11 from VA to PA as one possible ride), caverns, state and national parks (Harpers Ferry, C&O Canal, Manassas, and of course Shenandoah National Forest and the Skyline Drive).  

We really don't want to plan TOO much - we want this to be pretty relaxed and laid back, and just ride and hang out.

I really need to get busy on that events page...

Attached Files

Becky Blosser
Russian Iron Administrator

Winchester, VA
A lonely outpost on the Eastern Front

"The answer to any question starting, 'Why don't they-' is almost always, 'Money.'" - Robert A. Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users