#1 TheMightyViking

TheMightyViking

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

Does this saddle make my butt look big?

I've got a 2000 RAM Dnepr, which since buying earlier this summer has been a wild hoot.  However, there's one problem for longer rides:  I'm 6'4", and the bike's bench seat is set too short for me to sit the front, and just a tad too far back to sit as if I were a passenger.  So I sit pretty much on top of the hump.

So I was thinking to myself, since I never will have a rear passenger, why not put a tractor seat on it.  Sounds great, but the standard tractor seat doesn't sit any further back.  Anyone have any ideas on how to offset the seat back a little ways?  For that matter, does anyone have an idea where to get a tractor seat to start out with?

Attached Files

#2 fatbob

fatbob

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles & sidecars; guns; reading; music; model building; fishing; small cars

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

A "tractor" seat probably won't help you... you'll just be sitting on the back edge of it.  That said, I do have a tractor seat and a tractor passenger seat for sale.  I went British on the problem and adapted an antique Lycett solo seat and BMW luggage rack,  The Lycett is larger than the tractor seat, and much, much more comfortable, and I even think it looks better... but I found it still didn't move me back adequately.

#3 fatbob

fatbob

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles & sidecars; guns; reading; music; model building; fishing; small cars

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

Look at Hobbes64 's question "What model is this?" for a picture of the tractor seats.

#4 Bilge Keel Dave

Bilge Keel Dave

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Interests:Beautiful Wife, Beer, Bikes, Boats, Books, British Cars.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

You could get the bench seat reupholstered with reshaped foam so you are not sitting on the hump.
RAMCO Dnepr MT-16

#5 Mike Goldthorpe

Mike Goldthorpe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

https://www.ural-sho...2-3-luxury.html

You will need to work ot how to adapt it to the Dnepr frame....but where there's a will, there's a way :-)

#6 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

View PostBilge Keel Dave, on 13 September 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

You could get the bench seat reupholstered with reshaped foam so you are not sitting on the hump.
I like this Idea... I sort of sit halfway on the "step" myself... This would work well...and ya never know when I'm gonna pack double..

#7 Solly

Solly

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

A tractor seat will work and is quite comfortable. But a nose bracket with extended reach is required else your legs being forward will not be able to fall down to the ground at stops to steady yourself.......if you have a solo. With a side car not and issue. About 8 to 10 inches extension is necessary to place your legs back in a uncramped position.

#8 Solly

Solly

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

I would add a gel pad in the shape of the seat delays monkeybutt syndrome. The rear I supported with I believe they were 4 inch coil springs with perches I bought from ebay. Just the same I have a fully cushioned seat for long rides that I interchange. Got the tractor seat from a flea/ antique mall. Cost about 35 if I remember correctly. They sell them new for those little lawn scooters though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dnepr, tractor, seat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users