31 replies to this topic

#1 harleych

harleych

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

estonia. back view is Ivan -gorod (russia). this reason Putin occupate Crimea...

Posted Image

#2 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

They should be riding Urals...
:smile:
~RN

#3 harleych

harleych

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

they could buy old cheap urals in Estonia (delivered from Russia) for private use...

#4 Peter Williams

Peter Williams

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

View PostRuss Noe, on 16 March 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

~RN

No. they should be back in the USA rebuilding your failing infrastructure, not expanding the US Empire where it is not wanted. Yankees go home! Especially from Australia! Only three things wrong with Seppos - overpaid, oversexed and over here! Fix your own ######fight before trying (very badly) to play World's Policeman. We don't need or want you!

US citizens exploring the world as individuals are totally exempt from the above comments.

#5 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:50 AM

View PostPeter Williams, on 16 March 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

View PostRuss Noe, on 16 March 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

~RN

No. they should be back in the USA rebuilding your failing infrastructure, not expanding the US Empire where it is not wanted. Yankees go home! Especially from Australia! Only three things wrong with Seppos - overpaid, oversexed and over here! Fix your own ######fight before trying (very badly) to play World's Policeman. We don't need or want you!

US citizens exploring the world as individuals are totally exempt from the above comments.
Thank you. I agree.
~RN

#6 Solly

Solly

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Restoration.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:13 PM

Whole heartly agree Peter. Though I dont know what a Seppo is.Most that tow the line would rather we look to ourselves and let others to themselves.

#7 fernf5

fernf5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

Surprised this thread has stayed so quiet. I find this pretty offensive as an American. I disagree with Peter's premise that America is some evil force colonizing the world etc blah blah. Good grief, take a pill.You Americans that agree with Peter are not a surprise sadly.
As the son of a WWII veteran I have not forgotten what a force for good America is. Australia was and has been our friend and ally. Remember? Food for thought if things ever go badly for your country Peter.
I already regret taking the bait on this. Just tired of the America bashing.

#8 luca.stere

luca.stere

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

View Postfernf5, on 22 March 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

Surprised this thread has stayed so quiet. I find this pretty offensive as an American. I disagree with Peter's premise that America is some evil force colonizing the world etc blah blah. Good grief, take a pill.You Americans that agree with Peter are not a surprise sadly.
As the son of a WWII veteran I have not forgotten what a force for good America is. Australia was and has been our friend and ally. Remember? Food for thought if things ever go badly for your country Peter.
I already regret taking the bait on this. Just tired of the America bashing.

I am glad this topic stayed quyet. Here we are people with common hobbies, not americans, russians, romanians, germans, etc.

My real name is Lazar Nicolae and I am from Romania. Romania is a country from East Europe who has suffered for hundreds of years very much because of this war of the big "empires".

What can I do as a person and as a romanian?

USA and UK have sold us to the russians at Yalta meeting in 1945 between Roosvelt, Churchil and Stalin in order to keep their influence in Greece (lucky Greece), France was very quiet and the rest did not have any influence.

What can I do? To hate Harleich because is a russian? To hate the american and UK users from this forum because they're leaders have decided to betray East Europe? To hate the jews because of the crime against the romanian people (nearly 3 milions people romanian dead) on the past nearly 70 ears ago?

I can not do that, not on this forum. This a forum for bikes, not for politicians and politics. Yes, we can discuse if we realy want but I do not recomand to do that, to much passion...

I love russians (not the leadears), they are great peoples, I think they are good as romanians people are. I love americans and british, I have clients from this countries and they are good and hard working people, I love italians because I have worked in Italy and I have known good people there, I have worked in Belgium and France and I have met also good hard working people in this countries.

I am not a "flower power" guy, I do not look for trouble but also I am not afraid. What we will do? We will talk about bikes or ######ing crazy politics?

#9 fernf5

fernf5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Well said Lazar. No hate in my post. Only disappointment. I wish to keep this as a bike only forum as well.

#10 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

Ditto. Connections between people lead to understanding each other. Our mutual interests are a key way to achieve this understanding.
Highlights the value of this forum.

I've been to Russia several times, and remain honored to meet the PEOPLE (not the government.) I have Friends there, and also from Romania, and around our world. I have taken my two teenage sons to experience people in Russia, and other countries. Life changing trips, all. This is the way toward mutual understanding.

Nice to meet you all! Ride safe.
~RussN

#11 Peter Williams

Peter Williams

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:36 AM

It appears that literacy is a problem for most people in this thread. The section is "Whatever -  Political observations, intellectual ramblings, and philosophical musings are welcome here." What part of the section description is too hard to understand? Don't like Politics? Don't read this section. This section keeps the rest of the forum bike oriented.

For Solly - "Seppo" is short for "Septic tank" rhyming slang for "yank". Australians inherited rhyming slang from the Cockneys, though we tend to use the full phrase, "frog and toad" - road, "dog and bone" - phone, "rubbity dub" - pub, etc.

For fernf5 - learn a bit of history. WWII was won by the Soviet Union. As usual the USA was a day late and a dollar short. Know why the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor? Read up on Georgiy Zhukov and the Battle of Khalkin Gol. You may also be interested in the relationship of Marshal Georgiy Zhukov and the Japanese surrender in WWII. It was not Hiroshima and Nagasaki that caused Japan's surrender, but Zhukov's destruction of the JIF in Manchuko and his imminent invasion of Hokkaido.

And Marshal Zhukov has a direct bearing on Ural motorcycles as his statue is found in Irbit not far from the ZAGS office, and most brides go immediately from the ZAGS office to lay their wedding boquets at the Marshal's feet to thank him and the Red Army for allowing them to live and prosper and have children who will live in peace. A peace that is permitted by a strong Russian military that keeps Russia safe from US expansionism.

#12 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

Peter:
Ironic statement about US expansionism, considering Russia's present push into former territories, to expand their own.
I am not aware of any US desires to own former Soviet Union territories.
And I completely abhor the death and damage done to Russian people during the Soviet Union era.
Stallin and his government killed millions.
Any such deaths are wrong, by any measure.
~RN

#13 fernf5

fernf5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

Well said Russ!
Peter: Ugh, even taking the time to respond to you fills me with darkness. Not good.......I'm so sorry this ever started. Sometimes a stand is called for.
We'd only have to scratch the surface of Australia and find many things to criticize. Both our countries have a history with it's indigenous peoples don't we?
This does not change my feelings about Australia. I have always admired and felt a great kinship for Australia. Yes, including it's gov't.
I think your statements about my country, me and our fellow members are gratuitously uncalled for and that you are a great example of a Troll. I also respect your right to vent your venomous spleen. So vent away, at this point you are beneath my contempt.
We can agree on one thing. We don't like each other. I have no problem with your gov't or your fellow Aussies. Only YOU.

#14 Mike Goldthorpe

Mike Goldthorpe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

Never mind Yanks on the Russian border....there's Klingons on the starboard bow!
https://www.youtube....h?v=FCARADb9asE

:-P

#15 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

Mike: THAT was bizarre! Refreshing too.
My kids told me that klingons are the reason that toilet paper exists.
:cheers:
~RN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users