4 replies to this topic

#1 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

Posting this for Big James.  He will be back soon.

Attached Files

Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#2 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Boy, that title really trumped the usual rally names from bodily functions!
Fitting.

Hope there's a good turnout, and lots of people have a good time.
~RN

#3 BigJames

BigJames

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, sidecars

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

Russ, I was off Social Media. Bural posted it for me under the name of our street sidecar rally that runs concurrently. GROPE is still the Ural Rally. We head to the FS roads when the street folks head to the smooth pavement...
2011 Ural Retro
1995/1979 Bural  Sportsman/R100
1988 HD FLHS/Watsonian Cambridge
1951 Servicar

1976 BMW R90/6 Motorvation Royale (Sold Aug 18, 2014)

#4 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

View PostBigJames, on 17 April 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

Russ, I was off Social Media. Bural posted it for me under the name of our street sidecar rally that runs concurrently. GROPE is still the Ural Rally. We head to the FS roads when the street folks head to the smooth pavement...
Perfect! Urals off the Big Roads. Enjoy.
~RN

#5 BigJames

BigJames

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, sidecars

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:29 AM

Just got back home from bringing the M70 to Gene for some repairs and mods. I am tired but had to post this after talking to a few people who called about the rally whilst I was trying to drive! Folks think the campground is full up! WRONG! Talked to the campground, they have plenty of sites, both RV and Tent and a cabin available! So if you've heard otherwise and that clouded your decision to come, please reconsider, lots of space is available! Come on down to North Georgia. You think a "normal" Ural rally is diverse? If you haven't been to the Howdy Summer/GROPE, you have not seen diversity in a sidecar rally yet! About half the club own Urals and about half of those left secretly lust for one...we have cops, we have hippies, we have military, we have peacnics, we have drinkers, partiers and tea totalers, we have musicians, we have the tone deaf, we have folks who cook and folks who eat, we even have folks who still admit that they are Republicans and Democrats. I am cooking something Saturday night (and may be Friday if I don't get to beaten up riding) and there will be vegetarian options as well...

This is the 23rd year in a row we've hosted a rally - there have been Urals at every single one (I've only had one 6 years, my treasurer since 1997)...so we decided to create a Ural named rally 'cause Urals are special! At least 2 officers of the club have been Ural owners since 1999...not many sidecar clubs will admit that, we will...nothing would make me happier than to have Urals out number the "normal" sidecars! Really it would... Was planning on riding my HD this year (it's been 5 years since the last time she went), but if I can get 10 folks here commit to coming (have 4 Urals committed already so that means 6 more) I'll ride Myrtle or my low mileage Retro up, if Myrtle, possibly towing Sid's old trailer...Challenge has been made. If you have already have a site and are coming, now it the time to let folks here know, 'cause we have no idea who is coming! We don't charge, so there is no registration, just come and have fun.
2011 Ural Retro
1995/1979 Bural  Sportsman/R100
1988 HD FLHS/Watsonian Cambridge
1951 Servicar

1976 BMW R90/6 Motorvation Royale (Sold Aug 18, 2014)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users