#16 teg

teg

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:31 PM

View Postracepres, on 14 April 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

Looks like the Lithium batteries are Pretty good...For me,  The jury is still out as to wether they are actually better than AGM...I do Not like needing some special charging system!
Call me a COB...I'm OK with that!

Don't really need the special charger - a Battery Tender will work just fine.  Part of the issue is you just don't need to charge it unless you run it completely down.  Just sitting idle it doesn't run down for 6 months to a year.  Don't think you ever want to charge a m/c battery faster than a Battery Tender does.  I've got 2 years on mine and have never used the expensive charger that I bought out of fear.
Terry
2011 Retro

#17 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:53 PM

Well...The jury is still out...i have three years on a Pretty inexpensive AGM battery from Chrome battery [YTX20-BS]

#18 whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:00 AM

I've had great results from Deka Batteries. Their EXT line of AGM  batteries have held up great in my well abused old Harleys.
Here's a tip, Lowes online sells them CHEAP and pick it up at the local store!!!!!!!
"It’s the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."
Gen. George Patton

'94 Dnepr MT-16 no longer in bits n pieces!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users