1 reply to this topic

#1 John Bohmer

John Bohmer

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

I have a running, titled 1978 Ural M67.36 and a spare engine with transmission for sale near Fargo, ND.  The motorcycle is in decent shape with the usual dings and nicks expected of a bike of this age.  It was imported into the United States from Tashkent 2004 and comes with the original bill of sale in Russian and the import documents.  The current registration expired in February 2015 but it has a clear title and can be driven.  I purchased the bike a few years ago, completed the paperwork to get the title, rewired it, replaced the headstock bearings, and rebuilt the final drive with all new parts.  The original engine was removed after I got it running because it had a little bit of piston slap that I didn't want to cause additional problems.  Other than that the engine ran beautiful and the gears shifted normally (no reverse on this one).  I drove that motorcycle at highway speeds with the original engine.  I found the spare engine/transmission that had a bad head so I installed it with the original engine's heads and that engine is currently in the bike.  It is powerful with no apparent mechanical issues.  The carburetors are Pekins though and seem to be troublesome because the bike can be tempermental until it warms up.  It has point-style ignition with a Harley coil that will knock your socks off.  I installed Maxxis full knobby motocross tires all the way around and have one for the spare.  It is a few shades of OD green and looks cool as hell.  I have too many motorcycles in my garage though and need to make room.

I will upload some pictures later.

Please contact my phone at 701 three eight eight - 82 five four if you are interested.

#2 TimCrowe

TimCrowe

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:16 PM

Would be interested in the pictures.

Thanks
Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users