4 replies to this topic

#1 mr_luke

mr_luke

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:20 AM

Shock! Horror! The brakes on my Dnepr are ######e! Also, one of the linings in the rear brake looks like it's going to break up within the relatively near future, so I need to do something... My preferred option would be to get them relined with a better material, but I use the bike to get to work every day, so it would be much easier if I had a spare pair (or three!) to send away. Has anyone got any under the bench? Doesn't matter how good/worn out they are, as I can just send the worst ones out of whatever I have. I know F2 sell relined shoes but - 60 a pair!  :o

#2 dneprlover

dneprlover

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:02 AM

It helps if we know where you exist?  Shoes can be bought from overseas cheap and Saftek in the UK will do a decent reline job for round a tenner a shoe . Plenty of S/H ones available over here but postage to Timbucktoo might be a tad expensive

#3 mr_luke

mr_luke

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:50 AM

Whoops! Meant to say, I'm in the Midlands,  UK.

#4 dneprlover

dneprlover

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

Pm me an address and I'll put you a pair in the post. You can reimburse postage via paypal when you are sorted.

Edit. March 11th.   1 pair of used shoes posted to you today gratis. Get them refurbished by Saftek and it will work out a lot cheaper than buying the same item from our friendly local dealer. ( probably about a 50% discount from his prices)

If you want to send several pairs at the same time, remove the sidecar ones and send them as well. If you take the cable off and adjust the screw on the swinging link to account for no sidecar brake, you won't miss it anyway. Brakes on L/h sidecars can be very hard to adjust correctly and the operating cables are unobtanium unless custom made. Most people do without.

#5 mr_luke

mr_luke

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:33 AM

They arrived on Monday - thank you very much again! I'll get them back in the post for relining this week. My sidecar brake does actually work after a fashion, so I'll probably go for having them done one set at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users