4 replies to this topic

#1 Jack the Dog

Jack the Dog

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

I have a 1999 Ural side car tub that is in need of repair. An older Dpner sidecar tub in good condition, can I just adapt the sidecar to the Ural frame or do I have to use the Dpner frame? the frames look close, but tubing size on the Ural is larger than Dpner frame. Any one make adapters for Dpner to Ural? Or Dpner sidecar frame  to Sportster 883
Thanks Ken

#2 dneprlover

dneprlover

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:23 PM

Front mounts are the same and but the rear mounts will need modifying if you need to swop tubs. The Dnepr rear mounts are stronger and better designed than the Urals and the Dnepr frame is usually more robust in service than the Ural one after years of development for military use. Ural serviced the civilian market from about 1957 and their frames developed for their clients.

Which ever way you go, please make sure you secure the rear of the tub properly being carefull not the emulate the Ural sidecar ejection system. No one makes any kits, the conversion will have to be a custom one.

#3 Serious Black

Serious Black

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Interests:Bikes
    History
    Engine tuning

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

If you are talking about 'will a Dnepr sidecar fit an Ural and vice versa then I'm pretty sure they will.
The devil is in the detail.

#4 BigJames

BigJames

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, sidecars

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:16 PM

Bural is running a Ural tub on a Dnepr sidecar frame! So it does work that way...one would think it wold work the other way too...
2011 Ural Retro
1995/1979 Bural  Sportsman/R100
1988 HD FLHS/Watsonian Cambridge
1951 Servicar

1976 BMW R90/6 Motorvation Royale (Sold Aug 18, 2014)

#5 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:56 PM

Any thing can be made to fit anything with enuff welding rod, tube, bolts scrap iron, and love......Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users