Yamaha TY250 C5 Trials

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 C5Paul

C5Paul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:My family, collecting motorcycles, and riding motorcycles/snowmobiles.

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

Has anyone ridden trials before? I recently purchased an old 1974 (first year) Yamaha TY250A.
It was painted by one of the previous owners with a spray can and I don't share his love for hammer textured grey paint.

For the exhaust I am going to use DuraHeat, and tough high temp coating produced by a local Wisconsin company and designed for firearms. I have been impressed with their other products and hope this is more durable than high temp paint.

The final colors will be red/white/black to match our family business logo. I'm excited to have saved this bike from being parted out.

If you have a story or two about trials riding please share! I've never tried it but I'm never too old for a challenge!

I've got more pictures on my website and will be adding as we go. I hope to be finished before Spring time.
http://www.c5ignitio...m-pictures.html

Attached Files

#2 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

You didn't happen to get that from Randy, down in Chicago did ya?
I did Trials on Montessa, Bultaco, and Kawasaki...Woulda liked to have had that Yammie I think...But, That was a Different Time, and Place!!!!

#3 guzzidude

guzzidude

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motos, anything greasy. MGB GT.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:51 PM

It's interesting to see how big the gas tanks were on the older ones. How is the progress? Also Paul, love the Guzzi.
MT11 - VFR. R.I.P.- BMW R100GS, R50/5, CB550SS, VStar1100, TS400, V11Sport, TR6/Bonnie, KLX650, GSXR600, etc.

#4 C5Paul

C5Paul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:My family, collecting motorcycles, and riding motorcycles/snowmobiles.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

I acquired the bike from a friend in Milwaukee. I'm waiting for the frame to be sandblasted and I've got quite a bit done already. I'm also working on my '71 Ossa so until those are finished, my Guzzi project can't begin. I also just worked a trade with Ken Ulrich for a sidecar. Now my solo can be converted for rallies and camping trips.

#5 guzzidude

guzzidude

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motos, anything greasy. MGB GT.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Any updates?
MT11 - VFR. R.I.P.- BMW R100GS, R50/5, CB550SS, VStar1100, TS400, V11Sport, TR6/Bonnie, KLX650, GSXR600, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users