6 replies to this topic

#1 thesquarewheelis

thesquarewheelis

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

I am the proud owner of a Dnepr MT-16 which I have been working on for the past couple of years to bring back to road worthy status.  I have, however, run out of time to complete the remaining work required to complete my MT-16.  I am a Navy Submarine Officer and our operational schedule has prevented me from completing my MT-16.  I am curious if anyone is available to receive my MT-16 and complete the work I don't have time to complete.  

The work remaining include; tune the engine, it is currently running however it's not too strong yet.  Finnish truing wheels and bearing adjustments, finish rear brake adjustment, run in the drive train, and give the bike a good look over and recommend/fix any problem areas you see.  

The bike is 90% complete, almost everything has been restored/rebuilt or upgraded I just don't have the time to complete the final touches.  

Thank you for any information or recommendations you have.

All reasonable offers will be accepted.

Very Respectfully,
LT USN
jwwheelis@gmail.com

Attached Files

#2 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:41 AM

Need to know where you are located and the location of the bike....Ken Ulrich....(715) 693-6201

#3 racepres

racepres

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:51 AM

^^ Yes...It will prove difficult for anyone who is not at least semi-close geographically

#4 thesquarewheelis

thesquarewheelis

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

I am in Connecticut, at the Submarine base in Groton.  Ken, I'm sure I can work something out I have many friends in Minnesota and might be able to convince one of them to trailer the Dnepr your way.

Thanks.

#5 thesquarewheelis

thesquarewheelis

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostKen Ulrich, on 14 December 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

Need to know where you are located and the location of the bike....Ken Ulrich....(715) 693-6201

Ken, We spoke on the phone two days ago about doing some requested work on my MT-16.  I have secured a shipper and the bike is headed your way.  Should be there on Monday.  Thanks.

#6 guzzidude

guzzidude

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motos, anything greasy. MGB GT.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:25 PM

Hope all turns out well Jeremy. Shirts rub your nips off yet? Lol
MT11 - VFR. R.I.P.- BMW R100GS, R50/5, CB550SS, VStar1100, TS400, V11Sport, TR6/Bonnie, KLX650, GSXR600, etc.

#7 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

The bike arrieved and all is well. In due time will be on its way.....Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users