3 replies to this topic

#1 Vostok Motorcycles

Vostok Motorcycles

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

I finally made it back, and yes we are still here despite the ongoing political situation. It has been a difficult year and 2 or 3 times I thought I was going to have to close. Post has been erratic and difficult since Crimea was taken over by Russia. No systems were in place and nobody knew what to do. We struggled on as best we could and lost some parcels in the process. The situation for us today is better but still frustrating, the spares situation in Russia is difficult and expensive for the older parts. Ukraine has blocked all post and courier deliveries to Crimea, luckily I had the foresight to stock up on spares before this happened, one of my suppliers has agreed to send direct from Ukraine if I do not have the part needed, but he called today to say because of the economy and ongoing war,supplies are drying up a bit for some items.
I am not sure how much is in the news outside of Russia and Ukraine, but it is still very much a war situation here, atrocities on both sides are being reported daily.

I will continue to search and supply as best as I can, erratic internet connection, an electricity supply that is in danger of being cut off and just the fact that we are effectively now an Island with a ferry service to the mainland our only contact, are all conspiring to make life interesting.

A BIG BIG THANK YOU for all your support over the last year.
I expect we will carry on trading and searching parts new and used for as long as you keep using us. Project news, a pig farm is in the offing next year, this is to help with affordable naturally farmed meat for the village.

A big THANK YOU for your patience in these difficult times.

vostokmotorcycles@gmail.com

#2 Mike Goldthorpe

Mike Goldthorpe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Welcome back.  Hoping this mad parody of 30s Europe soon ends and sanity can prevail again!

#3 BigJames

BigJames

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, sidecars

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:31 PM

Hang in there Chris!
2011 Ural Retro
1995/1979 Bural  Sportsman/R100
1988 HD FLHS/Watsonian Cambridge
1951 Servicar

1976 BMW R90/6 Motorvation Royale (Sold Aug 18, 2014)

#4 Vostok Motorcycles

Vostok Motorcycles

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

Cheers guys

vostokmotorcycles@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users