• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Spiritwalker

Spiritwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

Are there any known issues with the stock ignition module that comes standard with the 2013 models?  I was riding last week when it just up and quit on me. After jiggling the wires to the ignition module, she fired right back up.  Thanks.

Update:  My bike quit altogether yesterday and no amount of tinkering would get it to work.  I think it is time for a professional to come in and look into it.

#2 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

View PostSpiritwalker, on 16 August 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Are there any known issues with the stock ignition module that comes standard with the 2013 models?  I was riding last week when it just up and quit on me. After jiggling the wires to the ignition module, she fired right back up.  Thanks.
Sounds like the occasional bad wire connector issue.
Take the time to trace the ignition circuit, checking for loose or corroded connectors, plugs and wires.
~RN

#3 lobofuego

lobofuego

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:41 AM

Fit a set of points....!!!

#4 lobofuego

lobofuego

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:21 PM

and a remote coil of course....decent condenser,,,(off a car)....set up as nec ...and away.....!!!...all you will ever need for ignition related problems is a screwdriver....

#5 lobofuego

lobofuego

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:36 AM

If anyone out there is still not locked up in a Fema camp for anti-American  sentiments with regards to their love for soviet motorcycles....I would point them in the direction of Lauren Moret....and the "Mystery" of why planes are disintegrating near your shores, and why points....are a short term solution.....!!!!

#6 thomas84

thomas84

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:26 PM

My 06 would not operate in the rain. The fix came from Terry that included a bracket and ex coil from the old HD. New wires are tie wrapped to the coils.
Starts great and runs in the rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users