• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Judd

Judd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

Well, my rubber was more messed up than I thought so my experiment will have to wait till I buy a spare. Also, I really wish that Ural woulda built in a smidge more room. After removing the FD the drive shaft would move back but man, if it woulda been able to move back just an additional .125 of and inch it woulda made installing the new coupling super easy rather than have to thread the coupler in, rotating the coupler, drive shaft and output shaft in order to get it threaded between the driveshaft and tranny output shaft. I took maybe a couple hours to do but a good 30 minutes of that was figuring out that I was going to have to remove the FD then a good hour just to figure out the puzzle of threading it in. Could do it a lot faster now with experience but still, if there was just an additional 1/8th of an inch of clearance between the output shaft and drive shaft would make it a cake walk.

#17 lobofuego

lobofuego

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

Well I suppose you could take the route of first growing a little rubber tree...but whilst you are waiting, I have had a donut fail, ...slowly...time to see what I needed I bought another one for about $10...! off fleabay from Russia and it has been fine...leading me to believe hat whilst there are crappy ones out there....there are good ones too!!...I choose one with the farkle type chrome ring....but good luck with starting from scratch....

#18 thomas84

thomas84

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:30 PM

I have a 06 with 20k. I brought a new one and had a local shop review. The original one is in great shape and I travel with the spare in case I need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users