Dnepr & Ural Ignitions

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 C5Paul

C5Paul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:My family, collecting motorcycles, and riding motorcycles/snowmobiles.

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

We offer two types of ignition kits. Both are Power Arc based ignitions. They use patented twin optic triggers for superior accuracy, full rpm multiple spark for better efficiency and performance, and are American made of the highest quality materials.

The "Dnepr" kit uses the 3 mounting holes located around the perimeter of the cam seal plate. Also fits Urals up to 2009.
Kit comes with ignition (preloaded with two ignition curves), adapter, spacers, coil, 8mm coil leads, and coil mount.

Ken Ulrich from U2 cycles has one on his Dnepr "Sweet Thang" if you have questions. Ken also sells the C5 ignition kits.

The "Ural" kit uses the 4 mounting holes for the cam seal plate. This kit also comes with items listed above.

All electronics are PowerArc and our engine adapters and coil mounts are manufactured in Wisconsin from billet aluminum.
We love Russian motorcycles but insist that American made electronics are superior to Russian and others.

If you are interested in testimonials or have questions about how multi sparking can help, please call or email me directly.
You can purchase from our website or via email or phone.
I own a Ural with our C5 installed and my only business is designing and selling Power Arc based ignition kits.  

paul@c5ignitions.com or 920-810-0946
www.c5ignitions.com

Thank You.

Attached Files

#2 MotoJ

MotoJ

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Interests:Ol' arn

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

Is there anything developed for the IMZ 6volt systems?
Famous last words:
Hey! Hold my beer and watch this.......

#3 C5Paul

C5Paul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:My family, collecting motorcycles, and riding motorcycles/snowmobiles.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

We have installed these on 6 volt systems. Send me an email and we'll discuss in greater detail. paul@c5ignitions.com
I will contact a few friends to get more information for you.

-Paul

#4 sallen

sallen

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:My G S Dogs
    Ford T Speedsters
    Dneprs and Urals
    Friends and Food

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

I,ve run a C5 system (Dnepr 650) for about 30 days now, the engine starts on the first kick when cold and second when hot. Power is deffinently improved, plugs clean (no carb changes and they were black before) and milage is better when I don't have carb issues. Will be fitting Amal 930 set up with the correct Dnepr 650 jets.

#5 harleych

harleych

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

outside coil looks not good...sorry i am sceptic,

#6 C5Paul

C5Paul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

View Postharleych, on 30 July 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

outside coil looks not good...sorry i am sceptic,

What do you mean "outside coil" ?

#7 harleych

harleych

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

dnepr coil mount under fuel tank

#8 C5Paul

C5Paul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

View Postharleych, on 31 July 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

dnepr coil mount under fuel tank

We have had a busy summer season. After shipping several kits, I would like to ask you if there was a specific reason you don't want the coil under the fuel tank.
My Ural has the coil under the seat, but not all frames are designed the same. Are you concerned about fuel leaks? There are a few places to mount them but I'm curious about your concerns. Thanks!

#9 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:13 PM

I have for years, mounted coils just under the tank on the down  tubes cross bar, I once rode over two hundred miles with out so much as a misfire, in heavy rain, shamefully I have to admit  I then ran out of gas. so the bike sat in the driving rain soaking up I am sure .....water. After putting in a gallon of gas, I was prepared to exercise my leg, nothing doing, started first kick. So concerns about under tank coils, with  the original points set up, and under tank coil are IMHO unfounded. On a recent ride I was caught by a thunder storm(s), that went on for an hour, same thing, first kick...end of stories.....Ken :smileywaving:

#10 Vance Blosser

Vance Blosser

Russian Bike Nut

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Interests:Good Science Fiction. Doing maintenance on older vehicles. Riding the Ural. Unusual vehicles.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

My coil has been mounted under the tank for about 8 years. Never missed once in heavy rains.

#11 Peter Williams

Peter Williams

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:08 AM

Traditionally the coil has been mounted inside the ignition cavity.

#12 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostPeter Williams, on 04 October 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

Traditionally the coil has been mounted inside the ignition cavity.
If you are referring to under the engine front cover at the cam shaft end, that is true.
However, I have had several of the 6 different Ural ignition coils I've used over the years become heat sensitive and stop working when hot.  I now prefer to mount them under the tank to prevent that problem.
Of course Dnepr ignitions may never have experienced that problem........
~RN

#13 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:08 AM

Russ, I have dwindling array of old Dnepr coils, most never ran anything, but gave a Dnepr a bad name, so like the 35 amp Ural alternators, I place them on the anvil, and with a four pound hammer let fly, does a body good to make scrap now and then....Ken

#14 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostKen Ulrich, on 05 October 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

Russ, I have dwindling array of old Dnepr coils, most never ran anything, but gave a Dnepr a bad name, so like the 35 amp Ural alternators, I place them on the anvil, and with a four pound hammer let fly, does a body good to make scrap now and then....Ken
That description paints a nice picture of flying little pieces,
as another troublesome chunk of electrical apparatus bites the dust!
~RN

#15 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:10 PM

Latest up date on the C5 ignition;  As I get a few more miles on the top o'haul I did on "sweet Thang" , The C5 ignition continues to show it superior starting and running  performances, I can assure everyone that all the Dneprs I own in the futur will be so equiped.  
Acelleration thru the gears is more snappy, and in high gear the same is true, plugs show up clean, further evidence that the tripple spark, is doing as avertised. As winter shows up here I will continue to test  for cold weather operations. Horse power? The so called butt dyno is an iffy thing, but based on what I see, and compareing it to the 650 BMW, which is rated at 48 HP , I would be surprised if it dyno's out at less that 40-42 HP.....That is my opinion, such as it is.....Ken....... :smileywaving:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users