MotoJ

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Ol' arn

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Yes, by the time it made it over here.
The rubber bits might still be OK if it was garaged. Russian tires seem to have a lot of nylon in them. The tire on my Dnepr car has to be 12 years old and there's no sign of dryrot and it's hardly even worn!

Not expensive anyway. Keep the take-off for a spare.
Famous last words:
Hey! Hold my beer and watch this.......

#17 Stewart

Stewart

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:New to me are the bike and sidecar. Other than that a lot of small hobbies and interests ranging from soccer, American Indian art, fishing, mowing pasture, family and church.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

for those waiting and waiting for more info.  Spent more time over the weekend cleaning and polishing. Was going to take it to a show Saturday.  Tires came in yesterday....went to ride Sunday and the bike decided to leak fuel as soon as I turned on the fuel value.  New fuel line,  I have now been told that that happens.  Turn off the fuel, start it, the gunk comes out, turn the fuel back on and I should be ok...Bike went to the BMW shop here to get a new coil on it and a little more work that I am not able to do.  So the sidecar is all dressed up and no where to go....sounds like prom night.  Vacation soon, so I may not hit the streets and be able to send photos until July.  Really looking forward to attaching the sidecar and learning how to and not what to do.  Thanks for your support.

#18 Stewart

Stewart

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:New to me are the bike and sidecar. Other than that a lot of small hobbies and interests ranging from soccer, American Indian art, fishing, mowing pasture, family and church.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

sidecar is ready to roll.  Waiting for the power to get back from the shop.  Will send pictures of them matched in July.  Really looking forward to riding the rest of the summer and into the fall.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sidecar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users