• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spiritwalker

Spiritwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

I tried to register with CURD but the way they have it set up, you need to be a genius to even think about it. It seems to me they are being rather exclusive by asking questions that only Canadians might even know.

As I see it, we are an international community of riders who just happen to like a very unique machine and their exclusivity is discouraging at best. I am truly sorry, but that experience left a very sour aftertaste for me concerning Canadian Ural riders.

#2 dneprlover

dneprlover

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

I think those questions are there to filter out foreign spammers. Knock on berger's door with a PM and he'll probably let you in. No need to get riled about it really.

#3 Spiritwalker

Spiritwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

You are probably correct, but I think the damage I have caused has already been done.

#4 Gummiente

Gummiente

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, drums, beer, food

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

I am the founder and Head Cheese For Life of the CURD group. When I created it the intent was to establish a meeting point for Canadian enthusiasts, because at that time (2006) there were no such groups/forums in existence. However, there was never any attempt or mandate to exclude enthusiasts from other countries. If you peruse Member Listing page of the CURD website, you will see how it reflects the global reach of the group. You will note there is a strong American contingent, several of whom have made the trip to the Great White North to attend CURD rallies and events over the years. They are also active on the CURD forum, as well and regularly contribute to the discussions..

When I sold my Ural a few years ago and handed over the reins to the current admin, it was agreed that the format and spirit of the group would not change. While I do not agree with the way it has been run since then, I do not believe any attempt has been made to exclude any enthusiast, American or otherwise, from joining. As suggested by dneprlover, all that is needed is a PM to be sent to the admin and you should be allowed in. Please don’t let a minor hiccup such as the unique registration process prevent you from joining the friendly and offbeat world of CURD. There are lots of new friends to be made there.

Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
oVc Sales & Service
www.uralontario.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users