#31 MichaelD

MichaelD

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Riding,tinkering, trips,brass music,archery

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hi all. Michael from Adelaide, South Australia here. Have had my 2012 Bondi Tourist for nearly a week now. Only done 400 km on it. This is my third sidecar (BMW R80 and Yamaha XS1100). Wanted another but not a fast one. Need to see the country side! I prefer older technology, although my other bike is a K 75 S BM. Have had great support from the other dozen or so Ural guys and gals here. Looking forward to a great time on "Tweety" (it being bright yellow!).

#32 planeflyer21

planeflyer21

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Howdy Everyone.

Jon from Arizona here.  A friend turned me onto Urals back in the '90s.  Since then another friend had a 2000 Patrol and sold it.

Now I'm getting the fever again and should be in a position soon to get one...looking at a Gear Up or Patrol.

Jon

#33 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

View Postplaneflyer21, on 21 May 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

Howdy Everyone.

Jon from Arizona here.  A friend turned me onto Urals back in the '90s.  Since then another friend had a 2000 Patrol and sold it.

Now I'm getting the fever again and should be in a position soon to get one...looking at a Gear Up or Patrol.

Jon

Welcome, Jon.
Let us know what Ural feeds your disease.  We've all got it here.
~Russ

#34 planeflyer21

planeflyer21

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Thanks Russ!

There really are so many directions to pursue once getting one.  There are a LOT more accessories than there used to be, lots more ingenuity also.

Jon

#35 jackc

jackc

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

New member here,  just sold my 07 patrol, but hoping to get another one day.  Can anyone tell me what happened to Ural NW in Bellingham Wa. I bought my bike from Steve and Mark Watson.  Mark was a great guy,  I hope he is doing ok. He is a great mechanic   we were fortunate to have met him.

#36 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

View Postjackc, on 26 May 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

New member here,  just sold my 07 patrol, but hoping to get another one day.  Can anyone tell me what happened to Ural NW in Bellingham Wa. I bought my bike from Steve and Mark Watson.  Mark was a great guy,  I hope he is doing ok. He is a great mechanic   we were fortunate to have met him.

They moved a short distance from their old barn site, and expanded to carry many other interesting brands of motorcycles.
http://www.pacificnwmotorcycles.com/

Last time I called them to order parts (6 months ago) the same good Team was working there.
~RN

#37 jackc

jackc

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

Russ that is great news,  I need to pay them a visit .  you never know how shops are doing in these difficult times.  I saw that south sound bmw started carrying Urals that can't  be good for the Bellingham boys. And you are right they are a  "good team"   Thank you Russ

#38 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

View Postjackc, on 27 May 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

Russ that is great news,  I need to pay them a visit .  you never know how shops are doing in these difficult times.  I saw that south sound bmw started carrying Urals that can't  be good for the Bellingham boys. And you are right they are a  "good team"   Thank you Russ

If you are going to visit PNW Motorcycles in Bellingham, hopefully you live north of Mt. Vernon!
Something about a missing section of Interstate 5...
((-;
~RN

#39 jackc

jackc

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

North of Mt. Vernon,  that is all God's country.  I'm in need of a bridge !

#40 06motorradman

06motorradman

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hello from Texas. I have a 2011 Ural T.
Posted Image
Also a BMW guy. The kids and dog enjoy the sidecar.

#41 02twincam88b

02twincam88b

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

New member here. Larry from Baltimore, Maryland. Picked up my new 2013 T in olive drab two weeks ago. I am an experienced motorcyclist , but i am completely new to the brand and sidecars. Bought the Ural because I love the looks and my wife, a three time cancer survivor does not like riding on a 2 wheeler. We love the bike already. No real problems yet, just getting accustomed to the traits of the new rig.

#42 Richardmc4

Richardmc4

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hello,
Some of you know from other forms. For those that don’t my name is Richard McClure I live in Williston, FL. I have my right leg off above the knee, happen a long time ago no big deal. But a year ago last March I took a fall and mess up my left knee. The doc did some cutting and I was in rehab for 5 months. When I was in rehab I sold my reg. when I got out I moved here to Williston.
Tuesday I drove down to St Cloud and had my 1st ride in over a 1 ½ year. It was so much fun I am now the owner of a 2007 Ural Gear-up. I am having the set change out and a hitch installed so will not pick it up till next week. But for now I feel much better.

#43 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

Richard:
Welcome back to The Ride!
Glad you are with us.
~RN

#44 Portchy

Portchy

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:51 AM

Steve here, in Sweden. Just picked up a brace (2) late '60s Dnepr k-750s with attached chairs. The plan is to rebuild from the nuts and bolts up. Not a complete noob to the hack world having built 2 from scratch earlier in my life. Just trying to get some opiniions on whether to try and bring them back to some version of original or to go the R-71 replica/tribute route with them. My first thought on finding them was to do one in the WWII grey of the European theater and one in the buff of the North African  theater. Thoughts comrades?
Here is a pic of one but the other is exactly the same,color included. :-)

Attached Files

#45 cocowac

cocowac

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hi, my name is Alex and I just joined the forum two days ago. I live in Panama so I guess it is a new destination for most of the forum members. I have been riding motorcycles for over 35 years and currently own 2009 BMW R 1200 GS ADV, 2003 BMW R 1150 Rockster, 2007 BMW F 800 ST, 2010 Vespa 300 GTS. I just bought a new member for this stable, a 2013 Ural Gear Up in Desert Camo color. As far as I know, it is the only "new" Ural in Panama. I have just ridden it two times so far and for relatively short distances. It has been a very different experience but has also been fun. My wife and I intend to use the Ural for our internal touring in Panama and are very happy with this purchase. I hope I can become a good member of this forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users