39 replies to this topic

#31 avalon

avalon

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

It's a shame Special Ed, that religion is blamed for all the wrong in the world when the fact is that genuinely religious people from most, if not all, faiths are good peace loving people. Here in Australia the public schools don't teach the meaning of Christmas or Easter but they're all happy to promote the myth of Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny and everyone is happy to take time off work for the religious festivals while at the same time knocking people for their religious beliefs.

And back on topic. It's been around two and a half years since your first post here Martyn and we are still waiting for the photos.
2003 Ural Dalesman
1975 Triumph Bonneville

#32 Peter Williams

Peter Williams

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

We shot the Easter Bunny - replaced him with the Easter Bilby! And it still lays chocolate Easter eggs - proof the GMO can be good for you ;-)

#33 Special Ed

Special Ed

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Ural Motorcycles, Barbering, Nice People

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Avalon,
Thanks for your kind words. We have the power to change things. Tolerance is not believing in someone else's faith (or lack thereof). It is protecting our own right to believe as we see fit. I have friends of many faiths and beliefs. We respect each other and encourage each other. A community must share a common hope for the well being of everyone or it will become a community without hope, peace, or reason. By focusing on how we are alike instead of how we are different, life is made better.
We share an insane passion for these Russian 3 wheeled monkey haulers. It's a start.
Ed
  .--.   
/) ' ' (\~  Honor God!
(_O_)    
('')<><('')  
  (")_(")

#34 lobofuego

lobofuego

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

Religion is for those who dont wish to go to Hell...
Spirituality is for those who have been there....
Personally i wish to decend into the Pit as my mates would have nothing to do with all these religeous types
Pontificating in Heaven...
At least  it will be entertaining!!

#35 Judd

Judd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:11 AM

View PostSpecial Ed, on 05 May 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

A Christian perspective:
I am a Christian. I believe that God created the heavens and the earth. I believe in His Son, who died to pay the price of my sin.
Because of my belief, I am often ridiculed and scorned. I am hated for what I believe, not for what I have done. This is very popular now a days. I chose to care for others weaker than myself, even when no one is looking. If someone does not agree with me I neither hate them nor do I belittle Them. I respect their right to believe as their conscience dictates even when I believe different. I desire good for my fellow man. I do not trust without cause.
I am never ashamed of God, however I am often ashamed of my fellow man. In America today we butcher our unborn children and call it good. We take another's hard earned money in taxes and then waste it. We make excuses for enslaving our children and grandchildren with a horrendous debt we can not pay. And yet I believe that God will forgive us, if we repent (turn away) from our folly and accept His love.
Because I believe this, I am hated even above those who have butchered our families with bombs and hijacked airplanes. I have served honorably in both the US Navy and Marine Corps. I gave an oath to serve others rather than myself. And yet, some think me foolish for my efforts.
But this is OK by me. Because when all is said and done, I will have lived with integrity.
Would that everyone here could say the same.

Care more for others,
Less for yourself,
and honor God in all things.
   Special Ed,,,, I am not religious in the least but what you said kicks ass. From someone on the outside looking in, someone that has no dog in the fight,,,,,, I agree with everything you said.

#36 thomas84

thomas84

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

This series of posts are the best ever. I sincerely appreciate all of them.
It's cold in NH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#37 Serious Black

Serious Black

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts
  • Interests:Bikes
    History
    Engine tuning

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:07 PM

I was wandering through the town a few weeks ago just after David Bowie blinked out. It always used to surprise me that everybody seemed to assume all the Rock and Roll greats would go to Hell and they would have some great music down there. Then I walked passed some old geezer from Eastern Europe with a clapped out squeeze box. No I think I know EXACTLY what kind of music they play in hell! Happy Friday everybody.
The devil is in the detail.

#38 luca.stere

luca.stere

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:14 PM

View PostSerious Black, on 11 March 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

I was wandering through the town a few weeks ago just after David Bowie blinked out. It always used to surprise me that everybody seemed to assume all the Rock and Roll greats would go to Hell and they would have some great music down there. Then I walked passed some old geezer from Eastern Europe with a clapped out squeeze box. No I think I know EXACTLY what kind of music they play in hell! Happy Friday everybody.

Yes, this could be from hell: https://www.youtube....h?v=Ws5WP1LHGUc

#39 petesav

petesav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

Hell I agree with you there Luca.  Nearly wanted to send myself to hell be cutting my wrists when I heard that.
Everyone should be free to express their religion but not ever to force it on others.Everyone should be free from abuse for their faith.
I don't believe in any religion ,I believe in people.Good people from any part of the world are simpley that good people.Its the nutters and the non tolerant that cause the sxxt as with those whom power and greed are the deciding facts of their life.
    Try to do one good deed  day and always offer help and support somewhere in your local community and we ( can)save us from certain destruction.
FEEL THE LOVE

#40 Russ Noe

Russ Noe

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Steam machines, Urals, all Motorcycles, Aviation, Good People, Red Wines, Life, and the ability to enjoy them all.

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:16 AM

The devil's instruments:
Accordion, banjo, and bag pipes.
And this from a blue-grass player...

Serve others as well as you serve yourself.
Defend others' right to believe as they believe
Defend against those intent on harming others.

Ride three, or die!
~RN

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users