27 replies to this topic

#1 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

We need to get a rough head count for FART. Anyone who is thinking of coming please post. I'd like to warn the german restaurant how many people are coming and I think Robbie would like to know how much soup to make.
New Jersey Ken,
94 Tourist w/750 original owner
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04
Vice Commissar Eastern Seaboard Division CURD

#2 Becky Blosser

Becky Blosser

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:43 PM

We'll be there - we HAVE to come.  We have the RotEF banner.

Speaking of the banner, is anyone accepting custody for SpITS?

Pat Crawford has posted in the FART thread that she and Terry will be coming as well.
Becky Blosser
Russian Iron Administrator

Winchester, VA
A lonely outpost on the Eastern Front

"The answer to any question starting, 'Why don't they-' is almost always, 'Money.'" - Robert A. Heinlein

#3 WEGUNTER

WEGUNTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:05 AM

I am driving up Friday morning. Should be there early afternoon.  Just myself. wife hates the cold.  Will be tent camping.

Bill Gunter
Pinehurst, NC
2006 Raven (Krupskya)

View PostBecky Blosser, on Sep 22 2007, 03:43 PM, said:

We'll be there - we HAVE to come.  We have the RotEF banner.

Speaking of the banner, is anyone accepting custody for SpITS?

Pat Crawford has posted in the FART thread that she and Terry will be coming as well.

#4 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:10 AM

One head, slightly swollen, see following :feelssogood:  :blink:  :feelssogood: Ken :thumbsup!:

#5 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

View PostIVANGROZNEY, on Sep 22 2007, 03:24 PM, said:

We need to get a rough head count for FART. Anyone who is thinking of coming please post. I'd like to warn the german restaurant how many people are coming and I think Robbie would like to know how much soup to make.

Ken,  I've been keeping count and I have 24 confirmed so far.  About a dozen maybe's.  Jan
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#6 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:25 PM

Jan and Richard, Steve says he can't make it and you are bringing the Stuff. Which I assume is the soup. He said we could pitch in on heating it up. I don't know how that is going to work our with a hand full of camp stoves and not the big pot with propane burner. (one of those things you deep fry a turkey in if anyone's got one)

Steve palmed off on me calling the German Restaurant. Does anyone know the name of the restaurant we usually hit on friday night and what town it is in?
New Jersey Ken,
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04

#7 Becky Blosser

Becky Blosser

Russian Bike Nut

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

View PostIVANGROZNEY, on Sep 23 2007, 11:25 PM, said:

Jan and Richard, Steve says he can't make it and you are bringing the Stuff. Which I assume is the soup. He said we could pitch in on heating it up. I don't know how that is going to work our with a hand full of camp stoves and not the big pot with propane burner. (one of those things you deep fry a turkey in if anyone's got one)

Steve palmed off on me calling the German Restaurant. Does anyone know the name of the restaurant we usually hit on friday night and what town it is in?

Berliner Kindl German Restaurant & Deli
121 Broadway
Black Mountain, NC 28711
(828)669-5255
Becky Blosser
Russian Iron Administrator

Winchester, VA
A lonely outpost on the Eastern Front

"The answer to any question starting, 'Why don't they-' is almost always, 'Money.'" - Robert A. Heinlein

#8 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:31 PM

View PostIVANGROZNEY, on Sep 23 2007, 07:25 PM, said:

Ken,  We talked to Steve at the USCA rally and I agreed to pick up everything and carry it to the rally.  But, it doesn't include the propane heater and pot?  I'll have to give him a call and see what's up.  We may want to reconsider the Berliner, if we have a large turnout.  That place is very small.
Richard & Jan
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#9 Duckyde

Duckyde

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:38 PM

We should have a definate 2 attending unless there is some unforseen issue with the bike between then and now.  However we may have as many as 5.  I plan to drive out after work so I'm thinking I'll get there 9-10pm.
T.
.....boldly going nowhere....

#10 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:36 AM

Donna and I will be there.

But there's a chance we won't have the rig with us. We have nothing to tow the trailer with right now. I traded in our truck last week for a new car and the trailer hitch place is still working on getting us a hitch for it. Hopefully that'll come together in time. If not, we'll be there one way or another!
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#11 Big Mike

Big Mike

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:28 PM

Barring anything unforseen popping up, I plan on being there at the rally. I still need to make my tent reservation though. Does anyone know if they are putting the rally tent campers together or not? If not, what are some of the numbers everyone else is staying at so I can try and get near the other nuts??

-Mike

I'm not sure if the monkey will be attending yet, she's no big fan off tent camping.
2006 Tourist (black) - "The Proletariat Chariot"

#12 Rich Maund

Rich Maund

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with three wheels and motors!

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:33 PM

There's a few of us, I believe, in the "D" section near the pond tent camping. You can ask for that when you call to reserve a spot.
Rich Maund
Rich's Cycle Upholstery
"Your Ass Will Thank You"
2003 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

#13 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:21 PM

We have camped every year, and have never had to make a reservation. I went on line and was surprised at the price of tent camping this year, but also found out you can have up to 8 adults in one space.  Share and save big.
Richard & Jan
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#14 greenmachine

greenmachine

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:59 PM

A Froggy a doggy and a semi-inert-ballast-unit...

kermitski
Former Frog-Meister
Rode around the block a couple times
and got rid of that goofy thing...

#15 IVANGROZNEY

IVANGROZNEY

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:53 PM

View PostBural, on Sep 23 2007, 11:31 PM, said:

View PostIVANGROZNEY, on Sep 23 2007, 07:25 PM, said:

Ken,  We talked to Steve at the USCA rally and I agreed to pick up everything and carry it to the rally.  But, it doesn't include the propane heater and pot?  I'll have to give him a call and see what's up.  We may want to reconsider the Berliner, if we have a large turnout.  That place is very small.

I got an email from Steve. He says the stuff means the big cooler, cooker etc. No mention of soup. Maybe you should call and see if that's included. His earlier email said we could all pitch in and heat it up. Now that he says that you are bringing the cooker I assume he ment we should all pitch in soup and put it in the same pot? He never heard any thing about Robbie making the soup. I have a list of 24 names and Robbie is not on it. I think we have gotten 20 or 30 in the German restauant with other customers there. I should call to see how many they can accomodate.
New Jersey Ken,
95 Solo Dr Jeckel
Traveling Twelve 04

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users