Jump to content


CRAP Rally


  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 archj

archj

    Active Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined:04-June 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
  • Interests:collecting and shooting WW2 & WW1 Firearms

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

Are we set for March 28 & 29 at Lake Jordan for the CRAP rally. Do I need to notify someone I will attend or do we just show up Thanks Arch Jones.,, Wilmington, NC

#32 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Joined:09-August 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Knowlton,Wi and Palmer Alaska
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

What is the situation regarding a mini motor home? will that fit in or do I HAVE to lay these old bones on the ground! :thumbsup!:  I am pretty sure will make it, am getting caught up on work some what, hopefully enough to get away....Ken

#33 Charlie Pew

Charlie Pew

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined:26-January 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Bern, NC USA
  • Interests:Trap, any kind of shooting, Sober since 15 April 1985, Mason, Shirner,

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostKen Ulrich, on Mar 4 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

What is the situation regarding a mini motor home? will that fit in or do I HAVE to lay these old bones on the ground! :feelssogood:  I am pretty sure will make it, am getting caught up on work some what, hopefully enough to get away....Ken

Ken,  

If I remember correctly, there are posts and trees, preventing people from driving cars/truck, into the camp sites.  But the parking lot is on about 75-120 feet from the "bond fire pit".
Charlie
1966 "Plywood" VW trike
2000  Ural Deco

#34 Ken Ulrich

Ken Ulrich

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Joined:09-August 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Knowlton,Wi and Palmer Alaska
  • Interests:motorcycles,sidecars,airplanes,model airplanes,metal working( machinist) wood working, beer drinking ( one a day). staying busy. updating MT11 "Sweet Thang" ( silk purse from a sows ear) not silk yet, but getting close. talking to god so that I may take it all with me

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

Sounds good Charlie, at least I can't be faulted for  a "there goes the neighborhood" thing, Next thing will that spot have to be reserved prior to the event?.....It will be tight time wise, but I think I will make it...Ken Wouldn't be cooking much except maybe deep fried cheese curd, which are virtually unknown south of Hilleryburg.  Goes well with beer, BS, and other things....Ken

#35 QBall

QBall

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined:10-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NW Connecticut

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:29 PM

View PostKen Ulrich, on Mar 5 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

Ken Wouldn't be cooking much except maybe deep fried cheese curd, which are virtually unknown south of Hilleryburg.  Goes well with beer, BS, and other things....Ken


I am syched.  I am planning on a big batch of Corned Beef and Cabbage on Friday and thinking about a batch of Beans and Greens ( 2 seperate dishes) on Saturday.  I can also do a batch of pancakes on Saturday morning.  Any one got Sausage and bacon?
Qball

2007 Gear UP
99 Victory V92C
2000 Triumph TBird

#36 uraldog

uraldog

    Active Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined:02-November 07

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:31 PM

don't forget to post some "NO SMOKING' signs at the rally :feelssogood: wheew

#37 DneprTim

DneprTim

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined:06-November 03

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

Will this be at this the "Vista Point" campground again ?
Is there a "site " number ?

#38 Bural

Bural

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Joined:08-November 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Highlands, NC

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

John R,  Where are you?  The crowd is getting restless.  Has the reservation been made?
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#39 canonmanmart

canonmanmart

    Active Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined:02-August 06

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:30 AM

I'm a "Maybe" for 28,29 Mar.  Illness in family makes everything uncertain right now.  I assume theres parking for trailers (12 ft Cargo)

Marty
[b]Marty Hymen  "Jersey Devil Chaser"
2008 klr 650
2006 Ural Gear-Up
2004 Roadking-SOLD
1981 HD Wideglide-SOLD
2008 HD Cross Bones-NEW
2009 Ducati Multistrada-NEW

#40 johnR

johnR

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined:15-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Carolina

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

I'm here guys!!!  Sorry about the time away.  The docs moved my left shoulder surgery up and me and Mr. Oxycodone have been bedfellows for a while.
One of two things can happen.  I can and would be happy to make the reservations or someone else could.  Its not the surgery, but my oldest daughter (who lives in Penn) thought now (or actually at the end of the month) would be the time to be due with our first grandchild (she only thinks of herself!!).  If I am in town, I will be at the function, but if she goes into labor.........
Give me the word and I'll be happy to make the reservations (I just may have to settle up later) or someone else could look up Jordan Lake on the internet, download the form, fill it out and fax it back.  The time frame does not matter because they still have many group sites at the Vista Point site.  They don't start filling up till the end of April.  I believe we were in site number 4 last year and it was under the "Russian Iron Motorcycle Club" name.
I will check back here tomorrow and if no one is able or wants to reserve the site then I will.
I appreciate everyones interest and this thing will go on.
Thanks and I'll talk later,
John Rook

#41 hdflame

hdflame

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined:06-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sanford, NC
  • Interests:Firefighting
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking
    Upholstery and Leatherwork

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:07 AM

View PostjohnR, on Mar 12 2008, 12:04 PM, said:

I'm here guys!!!  Sorry about the time away.  The docs moved my left shoulder surgery up and me and Mr. Oxycodone have been bedfellows for a while.
One of two things can happen.  I can and would be happy to make the reservations or someone else could.  Its not the surgery, but my oldest daughter (who lives in Penn) thought now (or actually at the end of the month) would be the time to be due with our first grandchild (she only thinks of herself!!).  If I am in town, I will be at the function, but if she goes into labor.........
Give me the word and I'll be happy to make the reservations (I just may have to settle up later) or someone else could look up Jordan Lake on the internet, download the form, fill it out and fax it back.  The time frame does not matter because they still have many group sites at the Vista Point site.  They don't start filling up till the end of April.  I believe we were in site number 4 last year and it was under the "Russian Iron Motorcycle Club" name.
I will check back here tomorrow and if no one is able or wants to reserve the site then I will.
I appreciate everyones interest and this thing will go on.
Thanks and I'll talk later,
John Rook


I'll be coming in early on Friday with Bill Gunter.  My wife and son will also be coming in later in my truck.  I will be glad to take care of the reservations since John may or may not be a grandpappy!

I'll reserve just one site, and will try to get #4 like last year if that's what everybody wants.

John, I'll be working at the fire station tomorrow the first 12 hours for a buddy so I'm not sure if I'll get to check on here till later.  If anyone needs to get in touch with me, call my cell @ 919-353-1096.  If I don't answer, leave a message...I may be on a call.  Later.

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Firefighter Edition Road King
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Riddle's Custom Upholstery
Email me

#42 hdflame

hdflame

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined:06-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sanford, NC
  • Interests:Firefighting
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking
    Upholstery and Leatherwork

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

View Posthdflame, on Mar 13 2008, 01:07 AM, said:

View PostjohnR, on Mar 12 2008, 12:04 PM, said:

I'm here guys!!!  Sorry about the time away.  The docs moved my left shoulder surgery up and me and Mr. Oxycodone have been bedfellows for a while.
One of two things can happen.  I can and would be happy to make the reservations or someone else could.  Its not the surgery, but my oldest daughter (who lives in Penn) thought now (or actually at the end of the month) would be the time to be due with our first grandchild (she only thinks of herself!!).  If I am in town, I will be at the function, but if she goes into labor.........
Give me the word and I'll be happy to make the reservations (I just may have to settle up later) or someone else could look up Jordan Lake on the internet, download the form, fill it out and fax it back.  The time frame does not matter because they still have many group sites at the Vista Point site.  They don't start filling up till the end of April.  I believe we were in site number 4 last year and it was under the "Russian Iron Motorcycle Club" name.
I will check back here tomorrow and if no one is able or wants to reserve the site then I will.
I appreciate everyones interest and this thing will go on.
Thanks and I'll talk later,
John Rook


I'll be coming in early on Friday with Bill Gunter.  My wife and son will also be coming in later in my truck.  I will be glad to take care of the reservations since John may or may not be a grandpappy!

I'll reserve just one site, and will try to get #4 like last year if that's what everybody wants.

John, I'll be working at the fire station tomorrow the first 12 hours for a buddy so I'm not sure if I'll get to check on here till later.  If anyone needs to get in touch with me, call my cell @ 919-353-1096.  If I don't answer, leave a message...I may be on a call.  Later.


Calling All Rooskie Riders to the CRAP RALLY!

I talked to John Rook yesterday on the phone.  To make it easier, I will make reservations for us.  It will be for Fri/Sat/Sun 28-30 March.  I will try to get the same campsite as last year, #4.

A couple of things we talked about yesterday and wanted to get a feel from those going....Tentative Schedule...

Friday March 28-  Arriving at camp, dinner on your own.  Possible campfire, refreshments of your choice and general BS and get to know you session .

Sat. Morning March 29- Group Breakfast 0800-0900.  Need volunteers to bring food for breakfast and people to cook and clean.  0930-1130 Tech Talk and possible How-to's.  Need Mechanics and Jacklegs to lead the How-to's!
1200-1300  Lunch- Need volunteers to bring food for lunch and people to cook and clean.
1330-1700 Group Ride on backroads around the lake area.  1800-1900 Dinner- Need volunteers to bring food for dinner and people to cook and clean.  2000- Until Campfire and BS session.

Sun. Morning-  Group Breakfast 0800-0900.  Need volunteers to bring food for breakfast and people to cook and clean.  Since people will be leaving at all times on Sunday, the remainder of the day will be free to socialize, BS, or whatever.  Check out time from the Park is 1500.

The above is just a suggestion to get a concensus from everyone.  If this is too structured, we can do as little or as much as the group wants.  For example, if you'd rather have breakfast on your own and and just do lunch or dinner as a group, we can do that.  If you'd rather have just one meal as a group and the rest of the time free to do what you want, that could be done too!

I'm not sure if we can create a poll on this site or not???  We need to get a close head count on those going so we'll know how much food to bring.  Maybe we can create a Thread just for sign up of those going???

You guys let your feelings be known.  Suggestions, additions, deletions???

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Firefighter Edition Road King
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Riddle's Custom Upholstery
Email me

#43 QBall

QBall

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined:10-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NW Connecticut

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:36 AM

Organized or not.  No matter to me.  I would like a group ride qt some point with someone from the area.  

As of now I am planning 2 people - 2 rigs leaving Connecticut on Wednesday morning to Baltimore to stay Wednesday night.  Leave Baltimore Thursday and arriving at Jordan Lake Friday afternoon.  I will be the one with the Pink Flamingos near the site:).

I was planning on making a big pot of corn beef, carrots and cabbage on Friday night., I will bring the food for the dinner.  I will also cook breakfast in the mornings, Saturday and Sunday, I will bring pancake mix and syrup.  I will make a large batch of some kind of beans, possibly with some onions, a little salt pork or bacon, and a variety of bean types and spices.  I was also thinking about steaming a batch of greens if I can find them in the area stores. I will have a coffee pot, a skillet and a large pan for anyone to use if I am not.  I am bringing a camp stove and a few utensils.

Maybe a non cooker could bring some paper goods.

After we leave on Sunday we are headed to the dragons tail and deals gap if any one is interested.
Qball

2007 Gear UP
99 Victory V92C
2000 Triumph TBird

#44 hdflame

hdflame

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined:06-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sanford, NC
  • Interests:Firefighting
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking
    Upholstery and Leatherwork

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

View PostQBall, on Mar 14 2008, 10:36 AM, said:

After we leave on Sunday we are headed to the dragons tail and deals gap if any one is interested.


Wish I could ride the Dragon with you!  Been on it many times on my Road King, but I bet it would be a workout on a hack!  Have you ridden it before?  If not, try and ride it during the week.  The weekends are dangerous with the sport bikes.

If you check the website, www.tailofthedragon.com , you can see where they have tried to clamp down on speeding and racing.  Mainly on the Tenn. side.  Also watch out for trucks blocking the road or on your side in a curve.  The first time I rode it was with about 45 guys, all riding Road Kings.  The first mornings ride brought us face to face with a tractor trailer blocking the roadway right in a curve.  Good thing we were not going too fast.  Had to ride the shoulder near a drop-off to get around.

Attached Files



Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Firefighter Edition Road King
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Riddle's Custom Upholstery
Email me

#45 hdflame

hdflame

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined:06-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sanford, NC
  • Interests:Firefighting
    Riding Bikes
    Grilling and Smoking
    Upholstery and Leatherwork

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:45 PM

We did a lot of camping when I was growing up and I can remember once,
when camping with a camping club, we made a BIG pot of brunswick stew.
What was neat about it was that everybody brought a couple of cans of
vegetables that were all dumped in together!

Don't know who brought the meat, but usually in brunswick stew there
are several kinds of meat...chicken, beef, pork, squirrel,
possum...hehe just kidding about the possum but I have heard of people
using squirrel!

I have a BIG pot used for turkey frying along with the burner. That
might be something fun to do. Even those that don't cook could take part in that.
What do you guys think??

With everybody wanting to cook something, I don't think anyone will go
hungry!

Ride safe,
Bobby
2006 Ural Tourist
2004 Firefighter Edition Road King
Cell 919-353-1096
Custom Lap Robes
Riddle's Custom Upholstery
Email me




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users