Jump to content


CRAP Rally


  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 johnR

johnR

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined:15-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Carolina

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

Last year I had a really good time at the 1st Annual "Carolina Rally And Potluck" (CRAP) and would like to know if those that came would want to continue the short-but-sweet tradition of getting together for a couple of days in central NC and having some good food.
I believe that it was at the end of March last year and would like to see the interest level to do it again this year.  Let me know.  I know last year we had a couple of different locations talked about and ended up at Jordan Lake.  We could switch locations or do it again at the lake...........What do you folks think? :feelssogood:
John Rook

#2 Bural

Bural

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Joined:08-November 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Highlands, NC

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:52 PM

We're in, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.  I have already had several show interest in coming this year and they wanted to know when it was.  Jordan Lake was fine, centrally located, and the group campsite worked out great.
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#3 Charlie Pew

Charlie Pew

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined:26-January 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Bern, NC USA
  • Interests:Trap, any kind of shooting, Sober since 15 April 1985, Mason, Shirner,

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:31 PM

View PostBural, on Jan 17 2008, 12:52 PM, said:

We're in, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.  I have already had several show interest in coming this year and they wanted to know when it was.  Jordan Lake was fine, centrally located, and the group campsite worked out great.

Like Richard said Jordan Lake was nice.

Just let me know which weekend and where..
Charlie
1966 "Plywood" VW trike
2000  Ural Deco

#4 johnR

johnR

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined:15-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Carolina

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:34 PM

I forget exactly which weekend it was last year, but it seemed to work out well.  Lets try and get a # of folks interested, which date would be best for the group and I'll start the initial planning for the lake.  If another location would suit the majority better, let me know.
This thing can happen!!  I'll  bring the low-country boil fixins!!

#5 uraldog

uraldog

    Active Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined:02-November 07

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

I'd be interested in attending ---need to know where,when and how many duckets are required

#6 Bural

Bural

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Joined:08-November 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Highlands, NC

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

View PostjohnR, on Jan 17 2008, 02:34 PM, said:

I forget exactly which weekend it was last year, but it seemed to work out well.  Lets try and get a # of folks interested, which date would be best for the group and I'll start the initial planning for the lake.  If another location would suit the majority better, let me know.
This thing can happen!!  I'll  bring the low-country boil fixins!!

John's low-country boil is worth the trip.   Maybe this year we could all bring something and make it a true potluck.  Our friends, Philip & Sandy, want to come this year.  Ural Mel also asked about it.  We had a great turnout last year.  I would suggest listing it on Soviet Steeds, the Ural home board and at uralrallies.com  I remember we had to plan it around Bike Week and Myrtle Beach.
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#7 Charlie Pew

Charlie Pew

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined:26-January 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Bern, NC USA
  • Interests:Trap, any kind of shooting, Sober since 15 April 1985, Mason, Shirner,

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:27 PM

View PostBural, on Jan 19 2008, 12:55 PM, said:

View PostjohnR, on Jan 17 2008, 02:34 PM, said:

I forget exactly which weekend it was last year, but it seemed to work out well.  Lets try and get a # of folks interested, which date would be best for the group and I'll start the initial planning for the lake.  If another location would suit the majority better, let me know.
This thing can happen!!  I'll  bring the low-country boil fixins!!

John's low-country boil is worth the trip.   Maybe this year we could all bring something and make it a true potluck.  Our friends, Philip & Sandy, want to come this year.  Ural Mel also asked about it.  We had a great turnout last year.  I would suggest listing it on Soviet Steeds, the Ural home board and at uralrallies.com  I remember we had to plan it around Bike Week and Myrtle Beach.

If I remember correctly it was the last weekend in March Last year.  Myrtle Beach Bike week this year is  May 9-18, 2008.  Spring in the South (SpITS) is normally the 1st weekend in May,  But nothing with us Russian drivers is "Normal"

When is Easter this year?
Charlie
1966 "Plywood" VW trike
2000  Ural Deco

#8 Bural

Bural

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Joined:08-November 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Highlands, NC

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

Just checked the calender, and Easter is the 23rd and daylight savings starts the 9th.  Looks like the 14, 15 & 16 or the 28, 29 & 30 would be good.  Or, we could go into April.
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#9 Mark_MB750M

Mark_MB750M

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined:28-July 04
  • Location:Greensboro, NC

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

I'm in also if it's in March.  April might be a challenge with some work travel, but still possible.

Mark MB750M
Current:
2002 Ural Tourist
2017 Harley-Davidson FLHTK

Previous:
2000 BMW RT1100RT
1975 MB-750M
2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
1995 Honda Pan-European (ST1100)
1977 Honda CB750F

#10 johnR

johnR

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined:15-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Carolina

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:58 AM

This is starting to sound good.  Let's set a very loose date of Friday the 28th through Sunday the 30th.  This can move left or right with no problem.  
I'm not real familiar with the other sites, but if one of you folks could monitor those sites and relay the information to this one, better planning can take place.
For those of you that were not able to make it last year.......We got a group camp site at Jordan Lake that could accomodiate 15 or more tents with a good common area (camp fire site with wood already in place) and a shower and bathroom within a 5 minute walk.  I will check on possibly getting a porta potty put on site for those "emergencies" that can't wait a 5 minute duck waddle.
Jordan Lake is REALLY low, but I feel it would still be a good place to hold it.  Last year each person/family put in $5 bucks and it covered getting the site very well.  I don't think inflation has hit us too hard this year that we would need any more than that from folks.
If you are driving from a longer distance or for whatever reason you could not bring a dish..........don't let that stop you!!  Last year we shared information on our bikes, stories around the fire, and the food.  No one went hungry or will this year.
I have been out of the net for a while due to shoulder surgery, but look forward to seeing those from last year and those who will make this their first.
Heck, last year even WEAV showed up with his bad a$$ bike..............he didn't bring any of his books though. :thumbsup!:
John

#11 Bural

Bural

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Joined:08-November 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Highlands, NC

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:21 PM

John,  I already posted it on Soviet Steeds and will put it on the Ural board today.  I also contacted Robbie at his web site uralrallies.com.  Looks like we're on a roll.  Whoo Whoo!!
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#12 johnR

johnR

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined:15-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Carolina

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

View PostBural, on Jan 21 2008, 12:21 PM, said:

John,  I already posted it on Soviet Steeds and will put it on the Ural board today.  I also contacted Robbie at his web site uralrallies.com.  Looks like we're on a roll.  Whoo Whoo!!
Ahhhh yes.  One of the good things about this time of year is that most all of the group sites are open.  If enough people give the nod, we could even get two of the group sites side-by-side.  I would just like to make this as easy on folks as possible so that it is again a success.
I just want to remind folks that they can come for the weekend or just for the day.  Saturday seemed to be the choice day for those who can only break away for a little while.  Last year (even with the lack of planning) I think that it really did well.
It would be great to get a couple of real smart guys/gals to even hold an information session or two.  I plan on getting the guys at work to make a mock-up to do some heli-coil stuff (I myself had to do that to one of my head studs).  
Umhhhh, maybe I could get someone to show me how to really do a carb adjustment correctly............. <_<
John

#13 dwight

dwight

    Russian Bike Nut

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Joined:02-June 05
  • Location:North Carolina

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:58 PM

Count me in! Last year was such a blast that I wouldn't miss this one again for the world!

Dwight

PS: I'll see if I can get my wife to make up a batch of the motorcycle cookies again - can't make any promises, but I'll see what can be done...and I'll bring my TwinMax along...
'05 Tourist
'93 Solo
Ridin' the back roads of Holly Springs and Apex, NC
www.dwightrahl.com

#14 uralmel

uralmel

    Newbie Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:04-March 07

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:46 AM

View PostjohnR, on Jan 17 2008, 11:09 AM, said:

Last year I had a really good time at the 1st Annual "Carolina Rally And Potluck" (CRAP) and would like to know if those that came would want to continue the short-but-sweet tradition of getting together for a couple of days in central NC and having some good food.
I believe that it was at the end of March last year and would like to see the interest level to do it again this year.  Let me know.  I know last year we had a couple of different locations talked about and ended up at Jordan Lake.  We could switch locations or do it again at the lake...........What do you folks think? :rolleyes:
John Rook


Uralmel would love to come, hope you don't have it on Easter weekend. In the Solviet Steeds it is listed as Easter Weekend. Had the best food ever at a rally and I think it was John R's low country boil. Be watching for the dates, April would be my choice.

Uralmel

#15 uralmel

uralmel

    Newbie Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:04-March 07

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

Just looked at the Solviet Steeds site the date you have is correct and it is not Easter. It works fine for me, I'll try to make it.

Thanks,
Uralmel




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users