3 replies to this topic

#1 millered

millered

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

I have just acquired a Dnepr I know little about. The engine, transmission, final drive, and frame all have numbers none of which match; are they of any use? If so where do I go to look them up. Most of my questions are being answered with time and investigation but the one question I have not be able to answer is about the exhaust. One of the previous owners changed it to a single muffler so his kids would not burn their legs. It now has a single muffler with a 3/4 inch diameter exit opening. My BMW /2's all have dual mufflers with 1 inch exit holes. Is the single muffler restricting the exhaust too much? I realize this is not a high performance engine and the valves may be too small to benefit from a more efficient exhaust system but I would like the benefit of others experiences.
Thank you
   Ed

#2 Bilge Keel Dave

Bilge Keel Dave

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Interests:Beautiful Wife, Beer, Bikes, Boats, Books, British Cars.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

Post a picture of it, so we know what you have.
RAMCO Dnepr MT-16

#3 shoetou

shoetou

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Interests:riding my MT16, hunting fishing ,

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

numbers on the bike don't mean a thing
Marko

2008 Dnepr mt 16 true year any body's guess

There is more to life than increasing its speed
__ Mahatma Gandhi ___

if only the mt 16 could go 50 mph

I think a good name for my MT 16 is (the bad girl) every body wants to ride her but nobody wants to take her home )

1980 Harley Davidson wide glide work in process to restore
2004 Harley sportster
2002 Honda A.C.E.
2014 Indian Chieftain
2013 Honda BIG RED

#4 rossack

rossack

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

View Postmillered, on 01 February 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

I have just acquired a Dnepr I know little about. The engine, transmission, final drive, and frame all have numbers none of which match; are they of any use? If so where do I go to look them up. Most of my questions are being answered with time and investigation but the one question I have not be able to answer is about the exhaust. One of the previous owners changed it to a single muffler so his kids would not burn their legs. It now has a single muffler with a 3/4 inch diameter exit opening. My BMW /2's all have dual mufflers with 1 inch exit holes. Is the single muffler restricting the exhaust too much? I realize this is not a high performance engine and the valves may be too small to benefit from a more efficient exhaust system but I would like the benefit of others experiences.
Thank you
   Ed
the numbers on the frame are the vin and engine numbers the vin on the front should match the frame number ,does not matter too much about the engine number ,if u live in uk might have problems registering with dvla

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users