3 replies to this topic

#1 Topcat1tanks

Topcat1tanks

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:54 PM

I recently purchased my 2002 Ural Bavarian Classic on EBay. After getting it shipped to Florida, it ran very poorly and I could not get the thing to go without revving the engine, not a good thing at all. I read that the carbs might be dirty, especially the idle jets. So, I pulled the right hand one off to clean it out. When I removed the main jet there was no needle jet. I was working on a table so I know it didn't fall out and get lost. There was just the air tube. I removed the bottom of the left side carb and there wasn't a jet in that one either. Does any one know where I can get two jets? I got a great deal on the bike but it's not doing any good just sitting there.

#2 Wooden Nickel

Wooden Nickel

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:55 AM

Hey Topcat,
First,  Welcome to the site.
Gene at Holopaw has parts and expertise.  I'll make a quick check,  I may have a jet or two left over from my old carb Ural.  
I am about 1/2 mile Southwest of the Hwy 27 & 44 intersection.  I may be able to help some but other than changing jets, balancing, and cleaning dirt out of the needle valve,  I never touched the carbs on my 06 in the 8 years I had it.
I know there are several carb breakdown illistrations out there to aid you.  You might try the myural.com site.  It is geared to the early 2000s Urals but I think 2002 is a transition year and finding replacement parts for some of the engines can be tricky.  The carbs are all pretty much the same CVK though.
Good Luck

#3 Topcat1tanks

Topcat1tanks

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:20 AM

Wooden Nickel, Thanks so much for responding. Are you the one that has the white Ural I saw once parked at Save-a-lot? I'm on Berwick Drive. I just don't understand why people are always messing with bike carbs. My son bought a Suzuki Ninja a year ago and the people he bought it from messed the carb up so bad that he had to buy a new one. I'm hoping not to have to go that route. I've been using the Bill Glaser online manual for my repairs. Helped me replace the turn signal solenoid. It also helped me know I was missing the jet nozzles.

#4 Wooden Nickel

Wooden Nickel

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:03 AM

Yea,  I sold the white 06 to buy the green 14 M70 I've had for over 2 years.   I only live about 1/4 mile to the West of you.
I'll Message you.
Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users