#1 Rally Indochina

Rally Indochina

Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:14 AM

Hi all,

The annual charity ride on vintage Urals, Rally Indochina, is now in its fifth year and has so far raised over US$165,000 for Blue Dragon Children's Foundation to help kids in crisis across Vietnam.

We will be running the Rally again this April, starting in Hanoi, Vietnam, on April 6 and finishing in Hoi An on April 15, 2015. We exclusively use our own fleet of vintage Urals, and follow the Ho Chi Minh Trail through three different World Heritage areas: Phong Nha caves, the imperial capital Hue and the historic port of Hoi An. The route also takes in historic sites from both sides of the Vietnam War, such as Khe Sanh combat base and the Vinh Moc tunnels.

In early 2013, we were lucky enough to be joined by Charley Boorman as we rode out of Hanoi and into the limestone mountains on the edge of the city. You can see a video of Charley riding our Urals here.

Rally Indochina has been such a success that it has become the largest annual charity motorcycle event in Southeast Asia. We are looking for motorcyclists to take part in the Rally in 2015 and the following years. All money raised by the Rally goes directly to Blue Dragon and is tax deductible in the USA.

Participants in the Rally will meet some of the children who have been helped by funds from the Rally, at Blue Dragon centers in Hanoi and Hue.

If you can't make it to the Rally in 2015, you can keep up with all of the news on our Facebook page and on Twitter. You can also contact the Rally organizers at info@rallyindochina.com

Attached File  255_Dakin_130411_0255.jpg   560.19K   2 downloads

#2 satdiver

satdiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles<br />Shooting<br />Home Brewing

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:40 AM

I would love to do it, but with the price of airfare from the USA for me and the wife, plus participation cost, its out of my price range. :(
2003 Indian Chief
Iron Indian Riders Association
One day, I too will own a URAL.
My Pics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charity, vietnam, ural, fundraising, children, hochiminhtrail, rally, rallyindochina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users