#1 BigJames

BigJames

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, sidecars

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

It will be in North Georgia, right near Suches and there will be no Rally Fee...that's right, a sidecar rally with no rally fee, no registration, none of that tired BS. Can't release all the details yet (but will soon), but it will be a rally, just like we've always had, without the stuff that cost us a fortune and made us lose money, so all you have to pay for is camping...more to follow after we tell the campgrounds we won't be at that we won't be there...it's only fair. Keep your eye on this space and your calendar open. It will be a big time...

Oh, I can tell you all that the camp sight just put in some ATV/ORV trails on the property and it's not to far from where our esteemed moderator broke every tooth off his FD a while back...
2011 Ural Retro
1995/1979 Bural  Sportsman/R100
1988 HD FLHS/Watsonian Cambridge
1951 Servicar

1976 BMW R90/6 Motorvation Royale (Sold Aug 18, 2014)

#2 Bural

Bural

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Sounds like our kind of rally.  Anxious to hear more info.  It's marked on our calendar.
Richard & Jan
96 R90 Ural (for sale soon)
Dnepr/BMWR90  The Beepr

#3 BigJames

BigJames

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Well, my "keeper of the cones" has supposedly told the other folks we ain't coming so...

Attached Files

2011 Ural Retro
1951 Servicar

#4 BigJames

BigJames

Russian Bike Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Just looked at the weather. Saturday and Sunday will be great, might rain Thursday and Friday. For those not familiar with the area, during the summer, it might rain any time on any day, regardless of the weather! If it does, there is a large covered pavilion with ceiling fans to keep us dry and keep the flying bugs away.

We are planning field events and a bike show Saturday. Plan on riding Thursday and Friday (some of us will be there Wednesday too, to check out the rides I've laid out. Have 4 rides laid out, one being oriented to the dirt riding set, one almost all highway, on a nice mountain road ride and the 4th, the one I particularly like, is curvy, very curvy, curvy to the point of being evil. It even goes down 180, both ways.

If you can, stop by Wildcat Lodge and Campground in Suches, 6 miles north of the intersection of Ga 180 and Ga 60 this weekend. Won't cost you a thing to hang out, even if you stay the night, will just cost you the camping fee... and remember, the campground is in a dry county, nearest beer/liquor is over the mountain in Dahlonega, or in Blairsville. And as an added bonus, looks like I'll be up there on the Ural instead of the HD. Need to get the HD ready for a trip to eastern Canada later this summer...

Posted Image
2011 Ural Retro
1951 Servicar

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rally

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users