britian is repossesing the USA

awol ali

Point of order.

In Britian one is actually allowed to bare arms in defence of ones country, you would just have to join the armed forces first. Here you will receive proper training and instruction on useage and safety, all the psycopaths are filtered out of the system and trained on bigger guns and the intelligent ones sent to be ´special forces`. This saves the lives of countless inocent civilians and means the monies saved can be used to treat proper illnesses and contribute to a functioning health service.

As for personal defence, thats where the famous Brittish ´bobby´comes along. Generally recognised the world over as courtious and helpful to tourists these brave gentlemen are of a different stripe when facing criminals, which they mostly do without the aid of firearms. This can save society more money for midical bills and compensation. If you have to defend youself you are allowed to do so but there are limits on how far you can go to do so i.e. you are not allowed to blow someones brains out for breaking into your house and stealing something as life is more prescious than property, you would be allowed if you had REASONABLE grounds to fear for your life. Now, somebody mentioned lawyers......

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Britian??? What place is that....do you mean Britain? You can't even spell your own country's name, you sure you ain't a closet 'merican? And it's 'reposessing'. You limeys and your warm beer, the stuff's addled yer pate. By all means come on over, though. It's an election year, we tend to get truly ridiculous for a few months and quite entertaining. You supply the beer, we'll supply the refrigerators. I've owned MG's.....Brits and electricity just don't mix and I like my beer cold. :beerchug:

I was under the impression that your armed forces are not allowed to defend themselves because it could hurt the feeling of others and therefore surrender is an honorable option. Case in point, your folks in that little boat that gave themselves up to the Iranians. That would have been embarassing had they not been following the established battle plan laid out for them by their superior Officers. I thought it was kind of the Iranians to allow that woman to keep her burka.

:beerchug:

Of course our own forces have their hands tied too. The folks on the Cole never had a chance. They weren't even allowed to load their own weapons while keeping watch. Mustn't insult the "host" country afterall!

Rant mode; I am quite glad to be retired from the Navy now. We used to "repel boarders" with large wrenches!

Yes that one surprised me a bit. May`be having a lassie around tamed their fighting spirit? As we are not at war with the Iranians it was probably the for the best. They were returned in good health and reasonably promptly otherwise that state may have changed.

They used to give us pick axe handles.

Apologies for spelling Britain wrong...and the 2 ts in British.

Aww yes, our wonderful second amendment. :unsure2:

I finished restoring this fine old war implement yesterday for my collection. 1944 SA Garand.

HA! You can't have these anymore in merry old England, can you? You folks really messed that up for yourselves. Personally I'd like to see an accounting of those good lend-lease rifles we sent you. Melted them down to make tea pots did you? :feelssogood:

Aw well. Ya made up for it for many years with some danged fun little sports cars. I did love my 1969 Triumph Spitfire!

Rich,

I was wondering.......... do you think you could make a motorcycle scabbard for that M-1? I have one and it would look swell strapped to my M-63 or Tourist!

Sorry about all you chaps across the pond, perhaps you could stow your cricket batts in it. Unless you register those too.

Jim

They only really play cricket south of the border. It´s not that bat you want to worry about anyway. Cricket balls are made of leather covered wood. It HURTS when you catch on of these, even when it´s coming down under gravity´s gentle attraction. Next time you see a cricket match watch the fielders next to the batsman. This is what people did before you people across the pond created Jackass and extreme sports. when I was a boy they didn´t even wear protective clothing.

Oh and I´d rather have a real rifle, like a Lee Enfield, or better still a Krag-Jorgensen.

If the US and Britain team up to invade Canada you will have CURD to deal with. Our mission is total world domination and a reduction in vodka prices. CURD rallies are much more organised than Russian Iron or RotEF rallies so they may have the Americans beat on planning a stragity if not numbers. I like Canadian beer but I'm still sticking with Baltika.

The Krag is the prettiest rifle the US Army has ever had. Wonderful fit and finnish. Like a nice hunting rifle. The Lee Enfield was probably the best bolt action military rifle ever made. I do like that short M1 tanker rifle you fixed up Rich. I bet it's got a 3 ft muzzle flash.

Aww yes, our wonderful second amendment. :unsure2:

I finished restoring this fine old war implement yesterday for my collection. 1944 SA Garand.

HA! You can't have these anymore in merry old England, can you? You folks really messed that up for yourselves. Personally I'd like to see an accounting of those good lend-lease rifles we sent you. Melted them down to make tea pots did you? :feelssogood:

Aw well. Ya made up for it for many years with some danged fun little sports cars. I did love my 1969 Triumph Spitfire!

Rich,

I was wondering.......... do you think you could make a motorcycle scabbard for that M-1? I have one and it would look swell strapped to my M-63 or Tourist!

Sorry about all you chaps across the pond, perhaps you could stow your cricket batts in it. Unless you register those too.

Jim

Jim

No need for me to do it. There are already companies making such things for less than it would cost me to build one. Especially since a scabbard for a Garand needs to have that sheet metal protector for the bolt handle built in. That complicates it.

They only really play cricket south of the border. It´s not that bat you want to worry about anyway. Cricket balls are made of leather covered wood. It HURTS when you catch on of these, even when it´s coming down under gravity´s gentle attraction. Next time you see a cricket match watch the fielders next to the batsman. This is what people did before you people across the pond created Jackass and extreme sports. when I was a boy they didn´t even wear protective clothing.

Oh and I´d rather have a real rifle, like a Lee Enfield, or better still a Krag-Jorgensen.

That's crossing the line SB.You can bad mouth the New York Yankees, call the Hell's Angels a bunch of choir boys,say that Coors Light is whale ###### but bad mouthin an M1 is crossing the line.That was by far the best battle rifle ever developed.We shouldn't have lent you guys any in the big war you would have gotten carpal tunnel from moving the bolt on those Enfields.Obviously even after all these years jealousy still rears it's ugly head over the M1 rifle.I guess I should have expected some hard feelings about it.Everyone knows it was so far superior to any other rifle during the war none even came close.

CATFISH

Coors light is whale pi$$. They ship beer concentate in railroad cars and combine it with carbonated water in Virginia. It should be a fountain drink. I think Catfish is a Redsocks fan.

I don't think SB said anything bad about the M1. He just rather have a bolt action rifle that he cannot have rather than an out dated semi auto rifle he cannot have. If it was just for hunting I would go with a sporterized bolt action. Being in Jersey we can even get those to hunt in this state. If I realy felt the need for a semi auto rifle for self defence and could get it I would go FAL.

Point of order.

In Britian one is actually allowed to bare arms in defence of ones country, you would just have to join the armed forces first. Here you will receive proper training and instruction on useage and safety, all the psycopaths are filtered out of the system and trained on bigger guns and the intelligent ones sent to be ´special forces`. This saves the lives of countless inocent civilians and means the monies saved can be used to treat proper illnesses and contribute to a functioning health service.

As for personal defence, thats where the famous Brittish ´bobby´comes along. Generally recognised the world over as courtious and helpful to tourists these brave gentlemen are of a different stripe when facing criminals, which they mostly do without the aid of firearms. This can save society more money for midical bills and compensation. If you have to defend youself you are allowed to do so but there are limits on how far you can go to do so i.e. you are not allowed to blow someones brains out for breaking into your house and stealing something as life is more prescious than property, you would be allowed if you had REASONABLE grounds to fear for your life. Now, somebody mentioned lawyers......

I see you still got that British nose in the air Serious Black.

Actually the Krag-jorgensen is Norwegian. I neglected to mention the Mauser. I could afford one of those. They have a great reputation here as a hunting rifle. I did get to shoot the Lee Enfield when I was 13, 4 foot 6 inches tall with a sandbag to help support the wieght. I put all ten rounds on the target at 300 yards all though the grouping was nothing to shout about. I´m with Ivan when it comes to the personal defence rifle though. You just can´t beat the old 7.62 NATO round. The Norwegians still use it in the AG3. I would love a play with one of those.

A Story.

While in Saudi during what we now refer to as the First Gulf War I was nominated to do ´bus gaurd´duty. For this I was allowed to carry my personal weapon, an SLR (Basically a semi automatic FN FAL with no auto function (Unless you knew the trick). We got stopped at one of the checkpoints on the way into work and the Yank on the post looks up a this 5´6´Jock with a big gun and says ´Gee, you guys still yoosin those F--kin elefant guns´? The Jock replies with a suitably evil grin ´Listen mate, if I can´t kill you at 300 metres you´ll think TWICE before coming any closer.

And that is my honest opinion of the 5.56mm round.

Oh and I forgot to mention, everytime I fired a shot with the Enfeild I had to shuffle forward about 3 inches to compensate for the effects of the recoil on wet grass. Might go some way to explaing the crap grouping. AND the rotten bastards would only let me shoot 22 TIL I WAS BIG ENOUGH!

Back in the 70's our High School had a shooting range beneath the swimming pool and the Rifle Team competed there. In 7th grade I got to participate in an evening program run by the HS Football Coach, a former Marine, where he taugtht gun safety and we got to shoot the 22 target rifles. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. :thumbsup!: The coach used that program as a starting ground to get kids interested in shooting and later try out for the Team when they made it to High School.

I'm no jock. But I did try out in 9th grade. Just missed the team. Got beat out by a girl too! Many of those girls were damn fine shots, so noth'n to feel bad about. I lost fair & square.

Great memories!

First time I handled a M14 in the Navy I qualified Marksman with it. That was a fine rifle! When I pick my Garand I think back to that day at the range. I was really proud of that.

My old Sub I was on in the 80's had Vietman era M16A1 rifles. Most of us hated those things. When we manned up for repell boarders the LAST guys to the gun locker got those. The pump riot guns and Colt 45's got passed out first. My experience with those soured me on that platform. I know in my mind that the new stuff is just awesome and well developed. But I can't excited enough to buy one!

My rifles stay locked up. They're for fun on range trips. No way I would want one for home defense as I'd be too worried about over penetration. For home defense I keep a 45 handy or a 357 revolver. HP ammo of course. CDNN still has a special on VG to EXC old 1990's pre-lock S&W M65 4" barrel ex-Police revolvers. $299. You can have your local FFL order it for you. I bought one last year. It is the finest revolver I have ever used. After you handle it you realize how S&W used to earn their high reputation. (I don't care for their new stuff myself.) I just have to wonder why the Police stopped using these. Low cap perhaps? Probably just because it was ten years old and time for something new. CDNN markets alot of Police turn in pistols. There are some great deals out there right now if you want a really practical Semi auto pistol for home defense.

Back in the 70's our High School had a shooting range beneath the swimming pool and the Rifle Team competed there. In 7th grade I got to participate in an evening program run by the HS Football Coach, a former Marine, where he taugtht gun safety and we got to shoot the 22 target rifles. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. :thumbsup!: The coach used that program as a starting ground to get kids interested in shooting and later try out for the Team when they made it to High School.

I'm no jock. But I did try out in 9th grade. Just missed the team. Got beat out by a girl too! Many of those girls were damn fine shots, so noth'n to feel bad about. I lost fair & square.

Great memories!

First time I handled a M14 in the Navy I qualified Marksman with it. That was a fine rifle! When I pick my Garand I think back to that day at the range. I was really proud of that.

My old Sub I was on in the 80's had Vietman era M16A1 rifles. Most of us hated those things. When we manned up for repell boarders the LAST guys to the gun locker got those. The pump riot guns and Colt 45's got passed out first. My experience with those soured me on that platform. I know in my mind that the new stuff is just awesome and well developed. But I can't excited enough to buy one!

Rich, I have the Garand as well as the M-14 and an M-16. I like the Garand best. However I like my short M-16 best for work, lighter, shorter, and less likley to perforate things I dont want to perforate.

My rifles stay locked up. They're for fun on range trips. No way I would want one for home defense as I'd be too worried about over penetration. For home defense I keep a 45 handy or a 357 revolver. HP ammo of course. CDNN still has a special on VG to EXC old 1990's pre-lock S&W M65 4" barrel ex-Police revolvers. $299. You can have your local FFL order it for you. I bought one last year. It is the finest revolver I have ever used. After you handle it you realize how S&W used to earn their high reputation. (I don't care for their new stuff myself.) I just have to wonder why the Police stopped using these. Low cap perhaps? Probably just because it was ten years old and time for something new. CDNN markets alot of Police turn in pistols. There are some great deals out there right now if you want a really practical Semi auto pistol for home defense.

I believe that both the speed of reloading and capacity are the primary factors in the switch to semiautos by police. The 1911 pattern pistols are my choice, although I do like the Springfield extreme duty line. I have owned and shot most of the pistol styles. A good revolver is nice, but I don't like reloading them on the fly, with the exception of the S&W 625-2 nice 45acp using moon clips. An innovative approach using a sheet metal clip which holds the rimless auto rounds so that the revolver can eject them, also holds the rounds so that they all load as a unit.

Jim