My stable

Well since we can post non-Russian bikes...

My 1974 CB550Four. A few years back my sister decided to get back into riding (the three of us had dirt bikes as kids). She hummed and hahhed about a bike when the Honda in the pic below came up for sale near her house. She hesitated so I told her to buy it and if she decided after a year that she didn't want it or didn't like street riding that I'd buy it off of her for what she paid for it. Turns out she liked street bikes, but wanted something newer, so she bought herself a Honda Shadow ACE and I bought her CB. The deal with the wife was that if I bought the Ural the Honda would have to go, oddly enough I've had no offers from anyone to buy it. I suppose I should put a for sale sign on it and put it where people can see it, when I get around to it. The '69 Triumph chopper in the picture is my brothers.

This little beauty started life as a 1970 Triumph Bonneville, it was already chopped when I got it but I tore it apart and completely rebuilt it after a connecting rod seized. This picture was taken on a trip from Ottawa, Ontario to Burlington, Vermont. About 300 miles. My luggage had me sitting so far up in the seat that I had barely any cushin. About 250 miles into the trip I was looking for a semi coming in the opposite direction so that I could pull in front of it and end the misery. Good bar hopper, horrible long distance bike. On that same trip I ended up losing two frame bolts, the bike was barely held together by three bolts by the time I pulled into the driveway.

This is a 1972 Triumph Daytona that I picked up for $300 about 5 years ago, give or take. The plan is to tear it down and build it into a cafe racer.

The teardown is done, now I just have to finish getting it back together.

More pics of the rebuild

And finally (if you don't count my childhood KDX80) there is this sad piece of work. An old carny bike, a 1930 Indian Scout that had it's engine replaced with a '56 Villiers engine. It was rescued from a snow bank a few years back and hasn't really been touched. This will be the last project since it'll cost a furture to convert back to it's original glory. I'm not going to be a stickler about original parts, reproduction parts will be fine.

I paid $1800 for it, and sold the extra front on e-bay for $700.

More pics of all can be found here. The Vespa wasn't mine, although I did think it would be a fun resto.

wow, nice stuff Tud !

Thanks Charlie. I don't spend nearly enough time in the garage working on them though. I guess that's part of the problem with having a bike that runs, I'd rather be riding than wrenching. That used to be what winters were for, then the Ural came along. :atombomb: