Prague

Just back from Prague where my sister-in-law got married. Beautiful place, friendly folk sane prices and the beer.....well I can tell you what Carlsberg ISN`T. I got to taste REAL Budweiser, not that Pisswater full of chemicals you find elsewhere. I had hoped to track down a place to buy some spares but that was unsusccessful and I didn`t really have that much free time. There is very little trace of any Russian influence left over from the coldwar, at least to my eyes anyway. I did manage to pick up a soviet tank drivers hat though.

I spent some time down in Karls Vary just south of Prague. Great resort town with natural drinking holes. If you want to get away from the big city, take a swing down to there.

Ryan

My Wife and I got married there. She is from Kosire which is in southwest Prague. I love it there. We split our time between Kansas and Prague. What is even better is that Czechvar(the original Budweiser) is now imported to the states. :thumbsup!:

Just back from Prague where my sister-in-law got married. Beautiful place, friendly folk sane prices and the beer.....well I can tell you what Carlsberg ISN`T. I got to taste REAL Budweiser, not that Pisswater full of chemicals you find elsewhere. I had hoped to track down a place to buy some spares but that was unsusccessful and I didn`t really have that much free time. There is very little trace of any Russian influence left over from the coldwar, at least to my eyes anyway. I did manage to pick up a soviet tank drivers hat though.

Hi, I recently returned from Prague too,I have wanted to go for years and finally made it.I was very impressed with the city and its people and had a great five days exploring.The history of the place has always fascinated me and the resilience of Czech culture over the centuries is amazing.

As you say,the beer is out of this world,and with apologies to my American colleagues I fully agree with your comments about their variety of Bud, the real thing is in a very different league.Fortunalely the Microbrewery scene in many parts of American makes up for what the Big producers lack(taste, flavour,variety etc) and I have spent many happy hours in bars and "pubs" across the States putting such brews to the test ! :biggrin:

Dalesman you have the right idea.Somewhere in the world there has to be the absolute perfect beer.I really have not tasted it yet so I will just continue testing beers in any place I can.This way I am hopeful before I croak I'll find the perfect beer.I try not to get discouraged when in my travels I drink beer everywhere possible and still do not find the perfect beer.I know someday I will find it.

CATFISH

My Wife and I got married there. She is from Kosire which is in southwest Prague. I love it there. We split our time between Kansas and Prague. What is even better is that Czechvar(the original Budweiser) is now imported to the states. :biggrin:

I see you live part time in Gardner Kansas. I lived at the Navy base there in 1954-55. My Dad was stationed there and I really liked it. I understand the Navy base is long gone. We lived in the housing just outside the gate and I was in the Boy Scouts in Gardner. Gardner was so small then that the movie theater consisted of a sheet hung on a rope between two trees in a vacant lot and a borrowed projector from the base.

My Wife and I got married there. She is from Kosire which is in southwest Prague. I love it there. We split our time between Kansas and Prague. What is even better is that Czechvar(the original Budweiser) is now imported to the states. :biggrin:

I see you live part time in Gardner Kansas. I lived at the Navy base there in 1954-55. My Dad was stationed there and I really liked it. I understand the Navy base is long gone. We lived in the housing just outside the gate and I was in the Boy Scouts in Gardner. Gardner was so small then that the movie theater consisted of a sheet hung on a rope between two trees in a vacant lot and a borrowed projector from the base.

Yep things have changed, the only military presence is the chinook refurb center. I have flown in and out of what is now called New Century Airport many times. Gardner has over 6000 people and growing. A real Metropolis. The movie theater has changed only in the fact that we project on a hangar wall now.