Finally

Far Flung Swede

Berger,

Having worked with Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan, I can tell you that they are also treated with the utmost respect when they lose their lives in that country. There is a ramp side ceremony at the airfield where hundreds of soldiers from every country fighting there create a huge formation leading from the base area all the way to the plane that will fly the body home. Sadly, I've been in several of those ceremonies for a few countries, and they are very moving. I enjoyed working with, and fighting beside, Canadian soldiers. They're top notch troops and several are now good friends.

Dave

Baptists!! Who needs um!

I am kidding (trying to bring some humour to a sad situation).

Seriously, I cannot imagine that happening here in Canada. The war in Afganistan is not popular, but when soldiers have lost their lives over there, they make a funeral procession from the airforce base they arrive at, to Toronto, where they are taken by their families. All along the 240KM trip, people line the overpasses and applaud them. Very moving.

Berger

Berger,

Having worked with Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan, I can tell you that they are also treated with the utmost respect when they lose their lives in that country. There is a ramp side ceremony at the airfield where hundreds of soldiers from every country fighting there create a huge formation leading from the base area all the way to the plane that will fly the body home. Sadly, I've been in several of those ceremonies for a few countries, and they are very moving. I enjoyed working with, and fighting beside, Canadian soldiers. They're top notch troops and several are now good friends.

Hey Dave

Thanks. Our armed forces may be small these days, but they are a hardcore, dedicated group of men and women.

I for one am very proud. I have family in the service and always aspired to join, but my life took a different path.

Cheers!

From new articals I read westboro thinks they can get this decision over turned in 5 minutes on appeal. Don't hold your breath. They have zero backing from the powers that be and the people of this country. They have gone too far for laws to be interpreted in their favor. No judge or jury would be sympathetic to them. This is the first in a long series of losses for them. They are going down.

As a born again heathen, I have no use for Wesboro or any other church, but I don't exercise my freedom of speech by standing outside of the tax-exempt dens of hypocrisy with a sign. Live and let live, just don't get up in my face with it, I tend to react rudely when that happens. I recently visited a place where the war is VERY unpopular and was heartened by bumper stickers that read "Support the warrior, not the war." Fits my own philosophy. Sad to see all these young people losing their lives because some folks just never learned to play well with others.