modern old motorcycles

dirtwarrior

Not too many... Russia and Ukraine still makes some old new models of small cc motorcycles and the IZH motorcycle. Of course there is India with the RE. I don't know if China counts... I wonder who else?

30's my foot, 1918.....Ken :rolleyes:

Some company in Wisconsin, Harley something or other.......... I hear they make bikes based on designs from the thirties. :feelssogood:

It's shear stupidity to waste money on Rand D and new models when you're already number 1 .When you're on top where else is there to go???

CATFISH

the new bonneville s nothing like the original (no kick start, no leaks). the Kawasaki knock off is closer to the original.

My '69 T120R didn't leak. It did occasionally drip from the Primary case breather tube but the engine itself did not leak.

The 2007 Bonneville America has been punched out to 865cc and has an electric start but the styling remains classic with the upright twin.

FWIW the Royal Enfield Bullet Electra has an electric starter and electronic ignition. The Ural has electric start and electronic ignition. As mentioned one can probably assemble an antique Indian Chief or Harley from NOS parts but nobody is actually building them commercially. Hyosung offers some models that are actually old Yahamas since they built for Yamaha and retained the tooling when Yamaha discontinued the models that Hyosung produced for them.

Save Chang Jiang and various other Chinese makers nobody is making true "new old bikes" that I know of. Time moves on.