This Should Be In Rants & Raves

GAVNO

Well caught Charlie.

The kids in the neighbourhood did this when I was a boy. You might be better talking to them and may'be taking them for rides instead. If you can comunicate and get you're point over then you might save a life. I doubt the kids will be any different in another neighbourhood. Another advantage of getting them on you're side is that they make a wonderful intelligence source if some one is thinking of/has stolen you're bike. That one is from experience. Good luck however you choose to do it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's actually quite a few cars in Sunny So. Cal. with size 12 dents in them..... :laugh:

One Chinese b*tch actually tried to run over my ex and I after I simply put my hand on her mirror as she ran a stop sign in front of us and I had to make a violent swerve to avoid going underneath her new BMW....

She tried again the next block and the Ex made meturn and leave as I wasn't about to walk away from a clueless b*tch who tried to deliberately kill me . :beer!:

I no longer carry as these days , no matter what , if you discharge your weapon , you'll be found guilty and put _under_ the Jail .

Well caught Charlie.

The kids in the neighbourhood did this when I was a boy. You might be better talking to them and may'be taking them for rides instead. If you can comunicate and get you're point over then you might save a life. I doubt the kids will be any different in another neighbourhood. Another advantage of getting them on you're side is that they make a wonderful intelligence source if some one is thinking of/has stolen you're bike. That one is from experience. Good luck however you choose to do it.

My thoughts as well. It's just hard to get past the urge to smack the f*** out of them though.

I live in the southeast, where everyone thinks they're driving in Nascar. I always expect cagers to do the stupidest things and I always drop back out of the way when it's obvious someone's having a Nascar fantasy. My objective is to get from point A to point B in one piece and try to enjoy the ride. Our local cops are some of the worst drivers.....what the hell, they're drawn from the local population. Young women in general and prisses driving the Acura daddy bought them are by far the worst. There's more and more guys driving with a cell phone stuck to there face now also. What the f*&k is so important that someone has to flap their jaw while driving????!!!! I've even seen one clown on his cell on a motorcycle....moron! I have a coworker who's company I enjoy for the most part, but I frequently see her wrestling with the steering wheel while backing out of her parking spot cause one hand's holding the phone. Another popular pasttime for young women is tailgating, I guess it's a herd instinct thing. On my Honda or the Ural I get out of the way, in my Pathfinder I slowly and inexorably slow down. I already had one priss run a light and buy me a car, I'll get rear ended in the Pathfinder soon enough and get another courtesy of another young priss. My next hack accessory will come from here: http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/cell%20phone%20jammers.htm FWIW, I'm 52 and been riding for 35years, never dumped or had a bike accident, only minor crap in a car (a young woman's fault both times!!!!). I hope to ride for many years more but I'm getting real tired of the complete lack of traffic enforcement. Many's the time I was glad I didn't have a weapon handy. Here's my plan: allow folks to submit video of bad drivers in action to police. The one who submitted the video gets part of the fine.

/end :thumbsup!:

• 2 months later...
First off, If you brandish a weapon, you don't have a leg to stand on, unless this bi--- who is probably dreamin how she is going to seduce some dude and make it look like he was the preditor, was pointing a gun at you....but if she scraped a tiny bit of paint on your mirror, follow her and with a cell phone, or running up on a cop, get the bi--- stopped and nail her butt, same thing if its a guy, I can sympathized with the feelings, of wanting to blow something apart, but.....but ya have to stay inside the law, once you start gettin into the grey areas of the law things get out of control fast, and you may end up the big time loser, and its just not worth it....Ken

I have to agree with Ken on this one. This is not a situation where pulling a gun is the solution.

I too am an avid shooter by the way.

No guns arn't the way! The first mod I did on my Ural, was to remove the hooter and chuck it. Purchase a pair of decent windtone(HI-LO) horns and fit them to the off side of the alternato (Denso) they are plenty loud enough to drown a cel phone or wake the dead, I know they can hear me and the nudgebar is evil on car doors, even gently?? thats the standard one in front of the jug!

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

I personally feel that the best weapon one could wield at a time like that would be a video camera.

The way they now make them with a chip instead of tape or film, it would be good to have an inexpensive model, no frills, just purpose built, mounted on the handlebar and energised at the touch of a single button. As handy to use as a horn button. It could record about 5 minute of video tops to keep the size and price down.

Another on the rear fender to capture video of assault from that quarter. A session in court with one of these playing could have quite an effect on many drivers one the word got out that they actually could be held responsibly.

Possibly a very small one fastened to a helmet would work well.

I for one would aplaud such devices on the market.

Phelonius

• 7 months later...

Well I feel your pain I Live in Massachusetts the worst drivers anywhere every body drives 40 No matter where they are and 80 on the highway, me i am trying to have i nice ride speed limit 30 And people drive right up behind like the limits 40. old people young it dosent matter.

Maybe it is just me, but I envision the popular movie phrase of Clint Eastwood, "Go ahead and make my day" or even the one from Taxi Driver of, "You want some of me? You want some of me?" being said by someone behind bars after they pull a handgun for any traffic issue in public. Yup, once you start carrying and brandishing fire arms as such, it quickly becomes a bit different than the movies where no one seems to keep a body count, bullets fly like bbs, but the good guy never gets a wound as he hides behind a small bush (Waler Texas Ranger and Cobra come to mind) and it is always easy to figure out who the good guy really is. Day dreaming of doing such things is one heck of a lot safer than doing it in real life. In Texas, with the concealed hand gun laws, you never know if the other fellow/gal has a bigger holster, let alone, a bigger gun to pull it from. Being quick on the trigger usually means you were too quick to remember to think out a situation as well. Lawyer costs and so forth just don't make any such scenario worth the price paid by anyone. If I were a jurist in such a case, the biker with the handgun would have to do some extreme explaining to make me side with his plight about being cut off in traffic or such. I don't think I'd be far removed from others who would also look at it with a similar view.

Hats off to guys and gals who opt to leave the handguns at home when riding, instead of justifying them as an argument queller deluxe. Your right to carry a gun if your laws permit, but also your right to have to suffer the consequences if you use it incorrectly. Me, I like guns and I also like alchol. Each has their place, but mix them with motorcycles and you can easily find that either can get you into a world of hurt when your noggin' allows you to react before thinking. Road rage incidents and roadside arguments are such. Just my opinion, good or bad, though.

• 5 months later...

Well I ride armed, but that's ok. I would never pull it unless someone was actually trying to get me. And yes I ride legally armed. 35 some odd years ago I had a brain dead driver shove me off the left side of the road. No awareness, nothing. He was a teenager like me. I broke his windshield with my 1964 BMW R69S tire pump. I then tried to hit him further. I may have, not sure, 65 mph and slinging a tire pump is distracting. He went into the right side ditch. I-95, just past the Indian Field exit. I'm older now, calmer. Maybe. Pay attention. Or I will.

I need to go take a nap.

Bad idea to shoot in that case <_< In years gone by, I found that a heavy boot to the closest door or window usually gets the cage driver's attention and they leave that "Crazy biker" behind.

Among the many and varied hobbies I've been into over the years is shooting sports... Combat Pistol, to be exact. On weekends I'd get into a set of BDUs from my old duffel bag, strap on a pistol belt hung with a surplus store holster (I'm a traditionalist... no fancy Bianchi leather for THIS job! :laugh: ) , and go thru a combat pistol course with a copy of an old M1911A1 .45 automatic blazing. I never hit much of anything, but it was fun anyway.

In the apartment downstairs from me at the time was a hard core biker... a Harley Head of the first water. Over beers on the back porch one evening he allowed that he was a bit tight on money at the moment, and he knew I was into shooting.. was I interested in buying, or at least pawning, a handgun from him?

He produced a shoulder holster containing a Smith & Wesson model 25 revolver, a real businesslike shootin' iron. S&W's biggest frame (the same one they used to build Dirty Harry's legendary .44 Magnum), fitted with a short barrel (2"), meant for throwing out HUGE chunks of lead... 250 grain slugs of 45 Long Colt. I suspected that the noise, recoil and muzzle blast from this hip cannon would make the shooter wonder if HE was getting a worse deal than his target... firing this thing with a barrel that short just HAD to be downright unpleasant, especially with hot handloads (It WAS!!!).

He called this shoulder holstered, concealable trench mortar his "Road Piece", explaining that in several nasty situations it had defused things enough to allow cooler heads and common sense to prevail.

I wish I'd had that thing with me on the road yesterday... I'd probably have USED it. :wino:

I suppose at one time or another every biker has been faced with a stupid cage driver who INSISTED on trying to share your lane... one who refused to admit that a bike is entitled to the ENTIRE LANE. Last year Wisconsin ABATE lobbied hard and managed to get this common sense principle codified into law, but I didn't figure it really applied to me... with a hack rig, I reasoned, you're presenting a big enough footprint on the road that the dummies wouldn't try it.

Wrong.

On US 151 (a limited access highway) I was in the extreme right lane when a cage came up on the left... matched my speed (45 MPH)... and started drifting RIGHT. The oogah horn did no good... this young, blonde airhead (wouldn't ya just know it...) kept drifting, completely oblivious to the fact that I was on her starboard side. I let off of the throttle and applied rear brake to fall back and let this dumb b**ch have the lane... and as I drifted back, the stupid, blind c**t actually clipped my left mirror, causing me to do a panic swerve onto the shoulder... STILL completely oblivious to that fact that I was even there!!! <_<

If EVER there was a situation that called for a .45 calibre Wake Up Call from a Road Piece to the trunk lid, THIS was IT!!! :atombomb:

WHY is there never a member of the Wisconsin State Patrol around when you really NEED one??? Dunkin Donuts has GOT to cut out the Two for One sales... :thumbsup!:

Twenty years later I've still got Jim's Road Piece, and the shoulder holster too... but along the line I encountered a 4" barrel which I had a gunsmith install. It's bigger now, but still quite concealable.

It's tempting as hell... <_<

GAVNO

I installed air horns and found I was so busy taking evasive action and/or LOUDLY informing the driver what I thought of his/her ancestry it never occurred to me to hit the horn button till it was too late. A video camera? You got to be kidding.

One of the guys in the Royal Enfield group came up with a cure for tailgaters I really liked. He carried a can of pepper spray. He would discretely hold the can between his neck and shoulder and spray back at the culprit's windshield. The guy's heater vent would pick up the spray and.......

Very discreet yet effective.

Sarge :biggrin:

Charlie, You need a model "t' coil, set it up with a push botton or a toggle switch, It is 6V. ground it to the frame, the spark plug end needs to go to a wire, with a small piece of chain on the end of it, let this drag on the ground, in a wet spot or puddle it works best, rainy day is splendid! On the day the kids are about, and you take off and suspect the worst, do the botton or the toggle, and check your mirrors to see them setting on their ass, with a blank stare...Do not laugh....till you get around the cornor. If you park about where they can get to the bike, when you are not looking, you need to make a motion detector switch, so that if anyone so much as touches the bike they will get zapped, all this can be installed in the rear of the hack, out of sight, you are then home free...till the wife trys to climb in...then you have some 'plainin to do...That motion switch is easy to make, a small tin can, grounded to the frame, a plumb bob swinging in it. the plumb bob need to be isolated from the ground, and be wired to the postive side of the batt. when the bike is moved, the plum bob will swing, make contact, and the whole bike becomes 25,000 volts, you will find declining intrest by the local rug rats.....Ken :rolleyes: :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...