x

Gone 4 good

Randy,

Give me a few weeks to go through all the crap in boxes in my garage. If I am like I think I am, I should have some parts new in boxes for a SilverWing. I liked to stack up on things like filters, brakes, things like that. I should even have a repair manual somewhere. As my wife puts it, "I never throw anything away."

If I can find them, they're yours. I have no need for them and maybe you could save a few $$$ for gas or them new shiny bits everyone puts on their Hondas.....

I will be putting the Suzuki up for sale (the first $850 takes it by the way) so Tovarishch will have a new garage mate

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Figures. Just as I'm packing to leave for the summer, and can't do it. That would have made a great first bike for my son and a nice graduation giftie. That seems to be a good price, and I'm sure it won't last the summer until I get back :mad: and I probably shouldn't just buy him a bike without him trying it on to see if his legs aren't too long for it (he's 6'3" and rail-thin).

Randy- if you don't have any buyers from here, try chicago.craigslist.org You could probably ask a bit over 1k and "settle" for a little less :laugh:

Randy ;

Good deal ! those are killer good bikes and were the darling of the Motocycle Courrier crowd for 20 years....

They have solid valve tappets and I [/i]gaurantee both valves are tight in your new bike .

Gotta be very careful with the choice of coolant else the water pump seal will go out , I only use Honda brand coolant in these bikes .

The fan often falls off its hub leading to slowly overheating in slow traffic or idling .

Make sure it has a good , not old battery in it as heavy charging loads cause alternator stators to fail and you take the bike off the stator for fixing... not fun .

_really_ good touring rigs and quite nimble too ~ I bought one for my son when he was 15 or so and his immediate comment after the 1st. days ride : " now I know what ' Tractible Power ' is ! " .

Randy: Why pray tell, have you waited for grey hair and a beer belly, before enjoying sweeping about the country on such a scotter as this?...How long you been hangin with Kermi? :mad: :laugh: ....Ken

Yah Randy, you are going about it in the right way, get the dammed book first, then get the appropiate hammer out. which will not be very often, if you are looking for something to do on it, look at all the old rubber parts, little things like that can be easy to update, but left too long can be deviling to say the least....'member them compliance fittings.....other thing is dirt and oil, a spray nozzle using mineral spirits and air will remove stuff glued in place for years, without removeing good paint, we use it here to clean fish oil and dirt from Russian engines...that stuff sticks...end up nice and clean...good luck with it, they are trusty, have a neighbor here using the same one for 26 years...no sign of the dreaded kooties yet... :beerchug: ....Ken