Woooooooo Hooooooooooo

kliff

Hi Mr. Cob,

I am a few miles north of Sedro Woolley.

Howdy Bob,

Cool, lets meet some place and go Ural-a-ling. :thumbsup!:

Mr. Cob

Yep, definitely will have to hook up since we are practically neighbors. At the moment I am in the process of getting my MT-11 dnepr back in shape. Don't worry I also have an M-67 Ural, but it is very, very tired. Going up to Ural NW this afternoon to get a front brake cable for it. Still ride it around our property but wouldn't trust it very far until the engine is rebuilt.

Bob

Howdy Bob,

Keep in touch, I am sure you know many logging roads up your way that I have never been on, let me know when you want to be tour guide. :feelssogood:

Afternoon Mr. Cob,

Will do.

If you happen to be up in this area give me a shout. You seen that flat black gear up at Ural NW?

Bob

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey PKW...I sat here for nearly a month wondering why your name sounds so familiar.

Anyone with Tiger I for a name is alright with me.

If I had to choose, mine would be PKW 171 (Sd.Kfz. 171)

Hi Barbosa,

Could not afford a Tiger so I am forced to drive a VW 181. Not the civilian model "Thing" made in Mexico and sold in the States. Mine was made in Germany for the Bundeswehr it's an ex Military Field Police unit. Seems to fit right in with the sidecar bikes. But if I ever find a good deal on a Tiger.........

Hi Barbosa,

Could not afford a Tiger so I am forced to drive a VW 181. Not the civilian model "Thing" made in Mexico and sold in the States. Mine was made in Germany for the Bundeswehr it's an ex Military Field Police unit. Seems to fit right in with the sidecar bikes. But if I ever find a good deal on a Tiger.........

Pix?

Hi Barbosa,

Pix?

Sure, I can take a couple tomorrow, only problem is that I do not know how to post them.

Sure, I can take a couple tomorrow, only problem is that I do not know how to post them.

When you make a post, scroll down below the text window and you'll see a section called "File Attachments". Use the "Browse" button to find the pix you want to post, then click "Add This Attachment". Keep in mind you won't actually see the pictures until you post.

Badda-bing badda-boom, Bob's your uncle :feelssogood:

Hi Barbosa,

That's confusing. PKW is an anagram for Panzerkampfwagen (tank) and 181 was the model number for a Tiger tank. So, did the Bundeswehr name your VW PKW? Nice car by the way. What year is it?

Hi Barbosa,

That's confusing. PKW is an anagram for Panzerkampfwagen (tank) and 181 was the model number for a Tiger tank. So, did the Bundeswehr name your VW PKW? Nice car by the way. What year is it?

It does get confusing, in this case they mean Personenkraftwagen. This guy's site gives a bit of history about them. Thanks, this one is a 1973.

http://www.hamburg-klasse.20m.com/typ181/indexus.html

Hi Barbosa,

It does get confusing, in this case they mean Personenkraftwagen. This guy's site gives a bit of history about them. Thanks, this one is a 1973.

Looks like the '73 Thing I had, except mine was choclate brown with tan doors & hood...

Man, I miss that car... :blush2:

Hi Barbosa,

Looks like the '73 Thing I had, except mine was choclate brown with tan doors & hood...

Hi John,

They are fun cars, both my wife and I really enjoy them. She use to have a 74 US version. They seem to fit right in with the sidecar bikes. Maybe you should get another one?

Bob

Hi Barbosa,

Hi John,

They are fun cars, both my wife and I really enjoy them. She use to have a 74 US version. They seem to fit right in with the sidecar bikes. Maybe you should get another one?

Bob

I was just looking at them on eBay... Wow! They've gone up in price since 1984.... <_<

When you make a post, scroll down below the text window and you'll see a section called "File Attachments". Use the "Browse" button to find the pix you want to post, then click "Add This Attachment". Keep in mind you won't actually see the pictures until you post.

Badda-bing badda-boom, Bob's your uncle :blush2:

Thank you for your help, it worked great.

Hi Barbosa,

Hi John,

Bob

I was just looking at them on eBay... Wow! They've gone up in price since 1984.... <_<

I hear you there. I bought this one maybe 5 years ago in Germany. Every now and then you can still find one at a good price in the US. First Military one I ever bought cost me the equivalent of about 650.usd, that was in the early 80's.