ZIL 157

valicaddy

Lovely hotel and beautiful trucks too .

MORE PIX ! .

When I were a laddie , lots of WWII and Korea are trucks were given to small munincipalities and state road dept's. for free ~ the workers hated them (no heaters nor radios etc.) and so they often got simply scrapped , in perfect working order with NO RUST (a big thing in New England)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

building from 184*, also a hotel. I've found a letter inside of a room. take a look at the post date..

and someone has written on that stone 98 years ago. the resort was like a flower in that time. I would like to go back there if I could.

january 1967, you could go to the library to read something, the announcement remained on the window until nowadays. I took it. I will put it in a small frame. I used to read a lot...

post-1185-1176325145_thumb.jpg

post-1185-1176325442_thumb.jpg

post-1185-1176326066_thumb.jpg

post-1185-1176326236_thumb.jpg

post-1185-1176326408_thumb.jpg

post-1185-1176326640_thumb.jpg

Does this building belong to anyone? It can be repaired, but i guess there is not much need for it in the town where it is located.

Does this building belong to anyone? It can be repaired, but i guess there is not much need for it in the town where it is located.
As far as I know it belongs to the army. I'm not happy to admit but everything seems to be for sale in Romania, even the country itself, so probably it wouldn't be a problem for someone to buy it. (cheap...)

There's an Irbit equivalent I found a few years back while chasing Ural info. http://www.iaaz.ru/ Use google, babelfish or promt to translate.

Very nice, but a top speed of 30kph. :beerchug:

Not that the speed is gonna keep me from getting one, more like logistics and money, but still, it'd be pretty cool to have one for extended trips.

THANK YOU for posting those nice pix .

It's a shame no one thinks of saving nice old buildings nor of making new buildings well designed like this anymore .

I liked the military vehicle links too but there's no real info there , just some thumbnails . I like the Gaz 69A Jeeps ~ there's one near me in a junkyard for display only...

-Nate

building from 184*, also a hotel. I've found a letter inside of a room. take a look at the post date..

and someone has written on that stone 98 years ago. the resort was like a flower in that time. I would like to go back there if I could.

january 1967, you could go to the library to read something, the announcement remained on the window until nowadays. I took it. I will put it in a small frame. I used to read a lot...

• 2 months later...

Great pics,Valicaddy,thanks and post more if you have 'em....I'd love to have one of those huge KrAZ to keep my little GAZ 69 company.....what an impressive vehicle they are. All of the Soviet vehicles look very serious and purposeful.......same for the BAT-M dozers.

For students of Soviet military vehicles,I reccommend getting a copy of the book- Russian Tanks and Armored Vehicles 1946 to Present-ISBN 0764309145-Schiffer Publishing. Great book.

Sam in IN

03 G/U

Those planes are very popular with skydiving clubs in Europe.

I saw around 10 of them lined up in Warsaw airport a few years back - all in good working order....

Can't remember what they're called though...

Dub

It's an Antonov An-2. Nato code name the Colt. It's very popular with skydivers because it can fly 40mph without stalling and a dozen of them can cram into it. I met a nice old couple at an airshow a few years back that had one. They got it cheap just after the breakup of the Soviet Union and had wanted to use it for charter service. The FAA will not aprove it for passenger use in the United States. So they had to paint 'experimental' on it and they can fly it for their own use.

I assume the KrAZ is the bulldozer that has a truck cab. It looks to me like it was definenatly built on a tank chassis. Was that a military vehical? Or was it just for clearing the snow off the roads?