Inertial super chargers

Ken Ulrich

I have just finnished up a batch of inertial superchargers. They have been line bored to 1.250 bore and the cross-over spud reamed to 9/16th's dia. This makes them work as they shud, low end tourgue and HP will be increased , no adjustments required. Comes with Russian instructions and my own sage do's and don't's

cost is 50.00 plus 3.00 shipping

U-2 Cycles, 1486 CTH DB, Mosinee,Wisc 54455 (715) 693-6201

Regards Ken

'Tis but a trick of the light, my friend....

They are basically a crossover between the carbs that means that flow is 'balanced' - apparently VW Bugs used these to great effect in the past and they are good for the 650 models of both Ural and Dnepr.

I have one, fitted it briefly, but had some airleaks, as the basic kit from Mother Russia is not 'finished' and the pipe is too short... I think Ken has solved these issues and can provide a ready to install unit that will add a little 'oomph' to your old bike.´

Good onya Ken, as Wally might have said!

:wino:

Not suitable for new Ural 750s, according to the All-seeing Froglet.....

Dubfucious

I think them thingees is designed for either Jikov or K-series slide carbs, not for CVKs . I rode a couple rigs with them thingees. Owners seemed to think they had better torque coming off the stops and that the engine ran a bit smoother at idle.

I've always thought it was pretty much just a balance issue as regards the supposed smoothness. There is more going on with these units than being a balance pipe though. They probably deliver a slightly larger total volume of intake mixture.

I tried a balance pipe between CVKs for a while and got absolutely nothing from it. BUT it didn't have the sizing match that the inertial supercharger gizmo supposedly has going for it. If I had a primo 650 with slide carbs I would say give it a shot. It's only money, and Ken needs to make a livin if nothing else than to buy enough parts to keep one of them Dnepr jobbers more or less running.....

;-)

kermitski

I just installed mine today. Look for a complete "how-to" write-up with pictures.

Very nice machining work Ken. First class!

The only reccomendations I could make would be to include 4 gaskets and the 8mm x 50mm studs to have coarse threads on both ends. Other than that, it's perfect, the surfaces are flat and machined nicely and the hose is the right length.

post-544-1167530862_thumb.jpg

For any and all, this is a pretty tight group, if it it easier for a check or paypal, its ok by me, while I have to suck up, clear my throat, stand up straight, I think a fair answer to the green monster about his experiences with the inertial super charger that he felt came to 'naught, I question why, as they come from Russia they are crude to the point of being of very dubvious help, and if fact they may hurt the flow.....and this hurts and humbles me more than I can discribe, but if the Honorable Mr Green machine, aka Kermi/ Kermitski sends his castings up to your truly, I shall with out charge (spirit of the new year) render them suitable for installiation on one old six-fifty, worn and woe-b-gone on the shelf, in a dusty shed, on the plains of Ill-i-noy. .....in hopes that it will be resusitated at some time before...... when that new fangled 750 drops it shorts with great indiginity...may take a while...proof is in the pudding.....Happy New Year Kermi ...Ken :thumbsup!:

My old trusty 650 is not dead, nay it is only resting.....

It shall again power a mighty steed when it's time is again at hand.

I doubt if I would ever re-install that 650 on Froggy. I don't need the crankshaft gremlins. I'm thinkin those purdy little engines should probably be put to better use on a solo bike. If I run across a cheapo CJ bike with a junk flatty I might be persuaded to put the 650 into it with a kick-only gearbox and have a neato solo bike.

But then, I'd probably just fall down and skin my knee or sumthin..... so no big rush.....

kermitski

How about a solo Chopper? keep it simple, a solo Ural is not all that tame, spritely might be the best term...go ahead skin yer knee, just a little...just think of all the experience you get :party: :unsure2: :P ....Ken

• 13 years later...

I have just finnished up a batch of inertial superchargers. They have been line bored to 1.250 bore and the cross-over spud reamed to 9/16th's dia. This makes them work as they shud, low end tourgue and HP will be increased , no adjustments required. Comes with Russian instructions and my own sage do's and don't's

cost is 50.00 plus 3.00 shipping

U-2 Cycles, 1486 CTH DB, Mosinee,Wisc 54455 (715) 693-6201

Regards Ken

Hi,

I am just wondering if the improved inertia supercharge kit is stil available.

Thank you