Russian Vodka

james

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a quarter litre of the potato poteen here that my father smuggled over in a Sprite bottle a year ago... can't do that anymore with the liquid ban on the planes.... so I guess I might look into making a little myself too :feelssogood:

I'm sure my parents-in-law would like to try some....

My father is on the case to get a real recipe as I write....

Dub

Yup - I think they were taken aroundsix or seven and we finished 'talking' at around 3am, if my memory serves me...

There were around 18 or 20 empty cans there in the morning, I think

:laugh:

:laugh:

Say - Bill - do you know if it's possible to get a plumbing adapter that could be used to screw into the tank in place of the petcock that could then be fitted with a 'fuel tap' from a lawnmower or something, or better still to use a different petcock with a better flowrate?

Like one of the other guys on the Board, I am considering using the balance pipe as my fuel source if this is not possible.... still trying to work out the options...

I've toyed with the idea of drilling my existing petcock through, but as I don't have one of those fixed drills I'd prolly bugger it up...

Dub

Try the Biltema catalogue. Look at the plumbing section. You will find a hexagonal bodied tap that is used to couple up washingmashines and such. I think they do one with the right thread. I used on of these on my Triton tank with a brass 't' piece that fitted into the female end. Massive flow rate.

As an aside I bought myself a Chang Jiang tank for my Ural. It was a newer one that has a jap type fuel tap. Much better! I'm going to fit this along with one of the older type headlamp shells. Should make it look prettier.

Thanks Bill!

I had a look but couldn't find the part you were talking about - if you have a minute perhaps you could see if it's still in your catalogue and give me the part number?

T'would be much appreciated

:wino:

Skål till Ny Året!

Dub