Russian Vodka

james

Good Tasting Vodka??? WTF? :ohmy:

Even Russians don't drink Vodka because it "tastes good"! :huh2:

:rant: You don't have no stories to tell just venom to spew ! seems like that is what you are good at. <_< :wub: :wino:

I have plenty of stories to tell and I tell them all here. Sheesh, in 6,000+ posts here I think ya could find one pretty easy if ya look!

In the mean time, we're all still waiting for your Ural tale of woe. Still waiting and waiting... Intead just more "sniping" from the peanut gallery... :huh2:

And I don't drink vodka for the taste... :rant:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Tasting Vodka??? WTF? :ohmy:

Even Russians don't drink Vodka because it "tastes good"! :huh2:

:rant: You don't have no stories to tell just venom to spew ! seems like that is what you are good at. :smile: :party: :wino:

I have plenty of stories to tell and I tell them all here. Sheesh, in 6,000+ posts here I think ya could find one pretty easy if ya look!

In the mean time, we're all still waiting for your Ural tale of woe. Still waiting and waiting... Intead just more "sniping" from the peanut gallery... :huh2:

And I don't drink vodka for the taste... :laugh:

i started a nice thread here and you were the first to knock it.then came 2 of the other regulars..just proves my point about you and a few others.i didn't have a Ural tale of woe it was Greg.under the circumstances i can't blame him for posting about it.enjoy your Ural. :laugh: :wacko:

i didn't have a Ural tale of woe it was Greg.under the circumstances i can't blame him for posting about it.enjoy your Ural.

I call B.S. on that one Yasha (Яша). Check out your very first post from the first day you joined the board:

I may have second thoughts about the Raven I bought and have not yet recieved. Is anyone interested in taking over my slaes contract if I get cold feet? Paid $12,500.

get out now while you can.it's a nightmare.

I've never thought much about what to have with vodka. This thread has got me going off to the International wholesale foods warehouse tommorow ,we've go one about a half a mile from here, with a shopping list I am gleaning here.

I know it! I wish I had time to make some of my homemade sweet pickles - Chris

i didn't have a Ural tale of woe it was Greg.under the circumstances i can't blame him for posting about it.enjoy your Ural.

I call B.S. on that one Yasha (Яша). Check out your very first post from the first day you joined the board:

I may have second thoughts about the Raven I bought and have not yet recieved. Is anyone interested in taking over my slaes contract if I get cold feet? Paid $12,500.

get out now while you can.it's a nightmare.

and your problem with that is ? you can't handle the truth ! :laugh: :wacko:

Too bad there aren't any Russian towns in America.there are several China Towns.think about it.one area or small mall selling vehicles,mc's,vodka ect..i guess if it were in a heavily populated area it could work.or could it ? would be interesting.Merry Christmas to everyone. best of luck on all your issues in 07...:laugh: :wacko: :ohmy:

Actually Russian Town (ala China Town) do exist in a few cities in the States. Brighton Beach in Brooklyn is the largest one of course. But there is a very large russian community in Philadelphia, Baltimore, Chicago, Boston, Miami, LA, San Francisco. And there are smaller ones in almost every major and not so major city.

Too bad there aren't any Russian towns in America.there are several China Towns.think about it.one area or small mall selling vehicles,mc's,vodka ect..i guess if it were in a heavily populated area it could work.or could it ? would be interesting.Merry Christmas to everyone. best of luck on all your issues in 07... :thumbsup!: :beerchug: :ninja:

"fact check need in aisle seven..."

I used to be fond of Smirnoff blue label for a while, probably some sort of crime to mention that on the same place as the real stuff. It actually did cost me promotion after getting blitzed on the stuff with some new guys on the Squadron the day before coming back off leave.

Dub, have you got the recipy for poteen? I love that stuff. Had an Irish mate in the RAF who introduced me to it. As hootch goes this stuff was the tops.

Will the kiddies in the cheap seats please quieten down or take your squabbling to Rant'n'Rave where it belongs?

Some time ago, I read an article about using a Brita water filter to remove the impurities from cheap vodka, making it tast good. I just ran across it again, here it is:

http://www.ohmygoditburns.com/wordpress/index.php?p=4

Maybe there isn't any difference between the cheap Vodka available at my local liquor store in Washington State and the expensive stuff, I still can't tell the difference.

Dave

Back when I worked for Maersk (a Danish Steamship company), I was working on a project in Copenhagen when I was introduced to "Small Greys". These are room temp vodka shots, but the vodka has had some licorice (called Pirata) disolved in it. Truly magnificent - but, without the vodka, the licorice itself is truly foul...

Some of the wildmen I worked with also added hash oil to theirs - but, that's another story entirely!

Dwight

PS: To be more on topic - the vodka itself wasn't anything to write home about, and I don't think it was even Russian! But, the combo of a cheap local vodka and the licorice was something to behold!

There is some really low end stuff you can't even make a screwdriver with.

The idea of licorice with or with out Vodak make me ill.

Hash oil in Vodka sounds interesting, not that I would do such a thing.

When we were in Irbit on of the motorcyclists was sharing a bottle of liquid opium.

I said Nyet to the liqiud opium of course.

From left to right in the first picture that's Sobel MC member, JD Roskos, Indian Mike, Sobel MC member, and me.

post-61-1167179538_thumb.jpg

post-61-1167179967_thumb.jpg

Bill... this is the basic recipe:

7 lb of bakers yeast

3 stone of brown sugar

4 lb of treacle

1 lb of hops

Steep ingredients in 3 gallons of lukewarm water at the bottom of a 40 gallon barrel after steeping fill barrel to three quarter full with cold spring water. Leave in a cool place to settle. After several weeks transfer to your still.

I've never tried it - and this is an 'off the Net' recipe' - but I can make some 'discreet enquiries' as to a good Cork recipe if you like... :feelssogood:

Barley or potatoes were used in the old days for added flavour instead of the hops - a stone of spuds should do the trick for a 40 gallon barrel - and the potato poteen is the best, in my opinion. It's usually triple distilled to get it nice and pure.

Do you have a 'hembrandt' machine? They have them all over the place here... :feelssogood:

Dub