Russian Vodka

james

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the Stoli black label from over there.... not bad :feelssogood: .... In my dwindling stash from the last trip to the Motherland I have some Putinskya and some Kamchatskya (from Petropavlovsk). I give the Putinskya a solid three stars- beats the heck out of anything I've had from here. The Kamchatskya, on the other hand, gets four stars+ :beerchug: !!! I need to replenish my stock this summer.

PS: Beware of the counterfit stuff!

Yes indeed.

So far my favorites are Gzhelka and Russian Standard. I just got a nice bottle of the standard sent to me by Ski Jabolinski in partial repayment for a certain bottle which he STOLE several years ago at UralFest2..... and because he one heck of a nice fella. That stuff is quite smoooooth and apparently easier to get than the fancy schmancy Gzhelka that my wife had shipped in from the motherland. Either of those brands will perk yer pocket flask right up though.

kermitski

post-145-1166418541_thumb.jpg

I've got some real russian vodka in my fridge, made by a real russian, in his kitchen, out of real potatoes. Tastes like crap but it'll knock your head clean off! Can't drink it, but can't seem to part with it either. Considerin' diluting it for use as degreaser...

. :party: Chris

The best vodka I ever tasted was a Polish one that came in the most simple looking bottle with a cork in it.

Tasted like heaven in little teacups.

I drank half a bottle, my mate took care of the other bit. Can't seem to remember what it was called :blink:

Dub

I've got some real russian vodka in my fridge, made by a real russian, in his kitchen, out of real potatoes. Tastes like crap but it'll knock your head clean off! Can't drink it, but can't seem to part with it either. Considerin' diluting it for use as degreaser...

. :blink: Chris

Try running it through a brita water filter a couple of times. I hear that can work wonders on rot gut vodka.

The best vodka I ever tasted was a Polish one that came in the most simple looking bottle with a cork in it.

Tasted like heaven in little teacups.

I drank half a bottle, my mate took care of the other bit. Can't seem to remember what it was called :blink:

Dub

Polmos Extra Zytnia? Very good rye vodka. You can get it all over poland.

Good Tasting Vodka??? WTF? :wino:

Even Russians don't drink Vodka because it "tastes good"! :blink:

:wino: You don't have no stories to tell just venom to spew ! seems like that is what you are good at. :blink: :blink: :wino:

. :wino: Chris

Try running it through a brita water filter a couple of times. I hear that can work wonders on rot gut vodka.

I truly think THAT would end my marriage!

Good Tasting Vodka??? WTF? :wino:

Even Russians don't drink Vodka because it "tastes good"! :blink:

:rant: You don't have no stories to tell just venom to spew ! seems like that is what you are good at. :blink: :blink: :wino:

Good lord, man, get over it! What's with you and Greg? You have some problem with people in this group, grow some balls and spill it, maybe even fix it. Any jerk with a keyboard can get on and anonomouslyly give people crap. It's put up or shut up time, pal. It's gettin old. Chris

Polmos Extra Zytnia?

Might be, Alexy... but the bottles all look too fancy, judging from the Polish site...

http://www.polmos.bielsko.pl/en/products.html

But this stuff looks vageuly familiar...

http://www.vsluksusowa.pl/index_en.html

Dub

Of all the drinks I think vodka is a more simple, closer to earth, product. It can be used with food or without, in a group of your friends or on your own, especially when you just walked in from the cold, needing to warm up real fast. One good shot and you are warm again :)

How do I enjoy vodka? Take Dark russian rye bread (not the fake collored one but real rye bread) and cut it in slices and put a little salt on it. Take nice and fatty cured bacon and slice that too. Slice some spanish onion. Take some pickles and sourkraut - not the store kind but the home made - the kind that still got taste and not all salt. Drink a shot, brake a piece of black bread and smell it - inhale the goodness of the earth where it was born, then take a bite and while enjoying it take a slice of bacon put a bit of onion on the top and send that on its marry way. Chase it with a bite on a nice sour pickle, and have some of that sourkraut. Repeat the process and don't forget to talk to your friends in the process. A good company is the most important ingredient.

Want to have memorable images on your wall through out the year? Click here. I got one and its great - beautiful shots, no pun intendent :)

http://www.kniga.com/books/product.asp?dep...0&sku=C5233

You're making me hungry!!!

And thirsty....

:laugh:

When I was in Prague a few years back I was introduced to beer cheese - soft, crumbly cheese, butter and raw onion. Mix it all up, put some on some rough fresh bread and wash it down with a nice cold Czech beer....

Sometimes I think we pay too much attention to French, Italian and Oriental foods.... some of the best stuff can be grown in our own backyards...

Dub