How factual is the Bible

Alexei

Actually the Romans could have cared less about Jesus. It wasn't until the Pharisees incited such and uproar and a riot, that the Romans had to step in. Pilate found no fault in Jesus and only had him crucified to keep the peace.

Sorry John, upsetting the tables in the temple at passover would be enough for the romans to jump in and crucify him as a rebel (zealot), a roman punishment. When the jews massed at Jerusalem at passover, tensions ran high and riots were frequent. The Romans were equally adept at moving in and quelling them, one way or another.

If the pharisees wanted to kill Jesus for blasphemy, they would have stoned him without the need for going to Pilate.

If you take the bible literally, it hides the true message of Christ, of loving thy neighbour.

I don't normally respond to political or religous posts but when the bible is read as history, I have to ask why people believe it is.

I do take the Bible literally. It says what is says. It was quite clear that the Pharisees, Herod, and the Romans wanted Jesus dead. Pilate kept passing him back and forth between the Pharisees and Herod, but neither of them would execute him for fear of aggrivating his thousands of followers.

You only have half of the message of Christ there, ya missed the first and most important part.

In one of the most defining moments of his ministry, Jesus was asked which commandment was the greatest. He answered, " 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:37-39

Like I said John, need to go to Iraq, straighten out Sadam, prior to him straightening out his rope.....loving thy neighbor may well be a hard sell tho...Ken

his ship is sinking fast it seems............

Like I said John, need to go to Iraq, straighten out Sadam, prior to him straightening out his rope.....loving thy neighbor may well be a hard sell tho...Ken

his ship is sinking fast it seems............

There are many parts of the Bible that deal with crime and punishment. The "loving thy neighbor" is a personal commandment. That doesn't entitle anyone a "free pass" outta punishment for their crimes from the government.

Dear John,

Nice to see scripture quoted around motorcycle circles. In addition to the Bible being the word of God, it is also prophetic. Have you read Joel Rosenberg's book, Epicenter, about Ezekial 38, & 39?. It refers to how Iran and Russia will form an alliance against Israel in the last days? He has a great website http://www.joelrosenberg.com/.

Be well, E

Oh yeah, the reason that Jesus was given a "pass" by the Roman's was because he had to be deemed innocent by the authority of the time so that the Jews could reject him. Jesus was to be the "passover lamb," given to God as a sacrifice. If he was stoned by the Roamn's he would not have been "innocent." The Jews chose Barrabas, a criminal, over Jesus, to be released even when Pilot stated "what evil has he done?" "I am innocent of the blood of this just person." Matt 27:24. This was really important because in order to fulfill prophetic Messianic scriptures of the old testament of Passover, Jesus had to be deemed innocent and be rejected as the Messiah by the Jews.

This is a cool topic. I get excited when I think of how much I missed during Catholic catechism classes. I just didn't have the scriptural knowledge of the Bible. It is truly awesome and I feel blessed to have found the Lord and a place that goes through the Gospels verse by verse.

E

Never read the bible, it has some good stuff, yes, but to live a good life I review the 10 commandments each and every day...I don't sit at the right hand of the lord, he is about me all the time, he gives me trials, ...and rewards....he gives to me, and he takes away....he makes me a better man each day....what more could a man want......maybe a 07 FI Ural....please

S'pose loving your neighbor....means Kermi..too.....scheeeze some trials, is tuffer than others :feelssogood: :party:

jus' picken-picken-picken....pluck :lol:

No Dub we'll quit on thay note, how's little Dub? Got a name for that future scribe? Older one mothering him yet? It a wonderful world we see, when the little ones come into the world....Ken

We're thinking of Alex right now.... (Alexi in my mind) :)

My daughter is, as you say, trying to mother him a little, but she's also acting up a bit - it's been a big change for her - the one spotlight is now two and I think she blames us rather than her wee brother :lol:

She'll be fine...

Now... back to religion.... I'll stay outta this one, as I have nothing helpful or positive to say on the subject :D

;)

Dub

There are Dnepr gods....you are a believer?....don't tell me no :unsure:....... :blink: .....Ken

A good cure for little one sibling competition is about a 10-15 min session of huggy bear and kissie face before bed, under a warm blanket, with milk and cookies, kind of crummy but cures a lot of things....'ol dad, Ken