Our boys in Iraq

Yobe

When I'm emperor things will be different. ;) I say two Urals in every garage with two scantly clad young twenty something buxom blondes to maintain them (and Us.) Beer will be the offical drink of my kingdom. All wives and mother in laws will be on"wives Island" We can visit them if we wish but they can't leave the Island. :) Tuesday night is always Bowling night. Friday night is always poker night. Saturday night is always Naked Blonde sidecar monkey rider night (Can use maintenance Blondes for this if you wish.) There will be no Taxes, no politics, & no whiners. All Hail Emperor Marty!!!! P.S. If you disagree with this, make your own dam Kingdom! ;)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately it is true for the most part - common perception tells us that in USA, most people that go to serve in the army do so because it is the best way to advance since they can do nothing else... It is very sad because serving your country is an HONOR and people that do so shall be REGARDED and HONORED by the rest of their fellow citizents. Instead, most people look at them as they are fools that don't value their life and small town loosers that can't read or write and do anything else in their life. Remember the documentary Farenheit 911? How did this "great film maker" painted the military? They are catching the "fools" to enlist like these are dumb cows... Shame on the people of this country that alowed to create such terrible perception of the protectors of their comfortable life style. It used to be different just some 60 years ago when a uniform wearing man was regarded as a hero for doing his duty. These people fought then and are fighting now. Never mind the politicians and presidents that send them to "bad" wars. Things change and politicians change too but the public perception, respect towards their army - the army that puts their lifes on the line so that these fat pigs can go on and make fun of them, call them stupid, get drunk, shout sex, drugs and rock and roll and do whatever else that they do... just disgusting and pathetic... While you are all taking sides of political parties and compare bush to kerry the greatest point is missed - there is something terribly wrong with the modern American moral structure. Idiots on tv are being popularized while regular Joe is being called a moron for doing poorly in school and signing up for army.

In the words of funny ex soviet comedian turned US immigrant Yakov Smirnov - "What a country"...

I love this country and I love the people I've met in my 16 year journey in this land, but I have to ask - is there anything that's sacred here except for the all mighty, the dollar bill?

bartending. ?

I've been trying to think of some work details to keep 'em busy.

That'll work

But they'll still have to harvest my plants

Democracy is turning into Big Bad Business - not "by the people, for the people"...

It'll all come to a head soon enough. It seems as though they (politicians) think we're (Joe & Jane American) are just a flock of sheep.

So you vote, until voting doesn't seem to work any more.

It'll all come to a head soon enough.

All one can do is to keep you projectile discharging instruments clean.

you won't see many degree students running around a battlefield lugging an M16.

In my unit, (we have 85 SFS troops) over half have, at minimum, an associates degree in one thing or another. A hand full have a little higher degrees. 1/4 are in school getting a degree.

And 90% of them have "Run around the battle field."

Must be just your country.

On my "island" every able bodied person will serve at least two years in the military,

Can we choose our own ordinance?

And after we've taken over another island. We will all sit at the long table, eat flesh, drink ale, and talk of our victories.

Me and charlie23 will provide the waitresses from our own world renowned BIB waitressing staff..

Big Island Babes=BIB

When I'm emperor things will be different. ;) I say two Urals in every garage with two scantly clad young twenty something buxom blondes to maintain them (and Us.) Beer will be the offical drink of my kingdom. All wives and mother in laws will be on"wives Island" We can visit them if we wish but they can't leave the Island. :) Tuesday night is always Bowling night. Friday night is always poker night. Saturday night is always Naked Blonde sidecar monkey rider night (Can use maintenance Blondes for this if you wish.) There will no Taxes, no politics, & no whiners. All Hail Emperor Marty!!!! P.S. If you disagree with this, make your own dam Kingdom! ;)

Can you put this place in Lake Erie

Can we have some women a little on the short side. I would like to train them to chase rabbits, kick-up pheasants, retrieve water foul, etc. And have them to feed the dogs.

Can we, hu, can we?

JohnBG
But you approve of Senator Kerry's recent comment?

The comment doesn't bother me, that is freedom of speech. If you make a comment out of context or mean something else apologize for it, show integrity. My father also retired from the military and he taught me at an early age, "The maximum effective range of an excuse is 0 meters, take ownership for your actions." That is the issue to me not what he said.

Lindy

I didn't say anything about limiting his freedom of speech, nor do I think we should. He's free to say what his wants and make as big of an a$$ of himself as he wants. More power to him. Keep up the good work, I say. ;)

I asked do you approve of (or agree with) his comment as a former military member, not wehter it bothered you.

Personally, myself, a former military member and one who has friends and even sons and daughters of freinds currently serving in Iraq, I thought is was a disgrace, but Kerry has a record of bashing the troops from Vietnam to Iraq. At least he's true to his colors.

As far as ownership of the actions, he blatanly refused to apologize (as he said on the MSNBC Imus show the next day) until the pressure from his party and the media was too much then he "apologized that his words were misinterpreted" which really isn't an apology at all. That doesn't sound like a whole lotta owning up to me.

If it was a joke (which it wasn't), I'm disappointed that any Senator of the US thinks the situation in Iraq is something to joke about.

I don't care wheter you are Democrat or Republican, blue or red state, you gotta stand up for the troops. At least finally some folks in the Democrat party (after feeling the heat or responding to public opinion) are stepping up and calling Kerry on his faux pas.

Lot'sa smiles reading this thread, But...I invite all to go back and read Max's (mracer) post slowly, with much thought, my hat's off to Max for his command of his seconnd language, and his insight into a problem we have here, i think a lot of it started with Jane Fonda, long ago, that another rant. Freedom of speech is a wonderful American right, absent in many cultures, but routinely abused here, some go well beyond the word abused in there daily rants...Ken

Cob's take on Soldiering as a profession correlates well with the Scots. Soldiering is seen as an honourable profession and a viable way for a young man of poor background to come up in the world. Been there, done that. It does have it's down side, the health risk, but that is accepted as 'part of the job'.

Where we differ is the patriotism thing that tries to say that they are some kind of saint BECAUSE they are serving their country. The British military are well supported by the man in the street and woe betide any politician, of any colour or stripe, who tries to betray them or abuse them. HOWEVER, the same men are almost universally suspicious of anything a politician says. If a British serviceman screws up he is generally dealt with more harshly than your average criminal. He is a representative of his countrymen as well as a trained killer and so should have the self discipline not to do anything against the law, Military or civil.

My own view of what Kerry said is that it is a storm in a tea cup taking focus away from the real issues. It also shows Kerry to be a poor politician. What he should have done is to stand by what he said while making apologies to anyone thinskinned enough to be insulted. At the he should have come up with with figures and statistics to prove his point. These figure would also show how how things are so much worse under the Bush administration and how under his administration things would be so much better. He should have the gone on to harangue the Bush administration for treating the ordinary soldier as an idiot who doesn't know a joke when he see's one and point out that the soldiers are the one's that experience Bush's policy in the middle east first hand and he will listen to there voice as given through the balot box in a FREE and DEMOCRATIC vote (pause for clapping and cheering by the faithful).

Doesn't he have the courage of his convictions or what?

Anyway, that's a foriegner's veiw, back to the housework!

JohnBG Posted on Nov 2 2006, 09:37 PM QUOTE

JohnBG

But you approve of Senator Kerry's recent comment?

The comment doesn't bother me, that is freedom of speech. If you make a comment out of context or mean something else apologize for it, show integrity.

I didn't say anything about limiting his freedom of speech, nor do I think we should. He's free to say what his wants and make as big of an a$$ of himself as he wants. More power to him. Keep up the good work, I say.

I asked do you approve of (or agree with) his comment as a former military member, not wehter it bothered you

Are we getting into the realm of definitions? It doesn't bother me so I guess that means I approve of what he said. I am confident in myself and most of the persons in uniform. In any profession there are those that should not be there. They do not hold up to the standards, ethics, and loyalty that it takes to be part of the team. The Recruiting Command has lowered the standards for who is eligible to sign the dotted line. They are now taking Cat 4 individuals. If you need to find a definition of cat 4 look in the latest American Legion mag, the VFW mag, or the Stars and Stripes, it describes this. Back to the realm of definitions, didn't the previous administration have some issues with this one? i.e. diffenition of inhaling, and the definition of what constitutes as extra-marital affairs.

Lindy

SB - I am 100% with you.

Kerry isn't going the distance on what he is saying most of the time and this was the best example of it. And now every talk radio host, every tv channel, every news agency is busy talking about what he said. Making money and careers on it. Soon enough Kerry will get controversial enough to start his own morning radio show - move over Howard Stern!

Ken, thanks for the kind words. I think speaking the language of the country that so willingly embraced me is a must, not to mention that this is the only way to really integrate and get to know it. I just can't keep from getting disappointed as I progress in my observations. But then again, I should have known that the gold paved streets that we always imagined of US to be is just that - a product of our imagination, and in reality, it is not without its problems. So sometimes I may get a little too passionate of my new discoveries. :)

SB - I remember a while ago reading here, on RI, something about how soldiers are being frown upon in England. Is that so?

They are now taking Cat 4 individuals.  If you need to find a definition of cat 4 look in the latest American Legion mag, the VFW mag, or the Stars and Stripes, it describes this.

Here's a little light reading for you and SB of statistics on the makeup of today's military recruits, their education level, income, ethnicity, etc. Link: http://www.heritage.org/Research/NationalS...ty/cda06-09.cfm

Review and discuss...

Contrary to popular belief, it's NOT made up mostly of uneducated, poor minorities. Although that's what Senator Kerry would like you to believe. He's dead wrong again.

post-4-1162577179.jpg

Just for you

“What he should have done is to stand by what he said while making apologies to anyone thinskinned enough to be insulted.”

I wasn't to insulted by what Kerry said. That's just John Kerry. I expect things like that from him. I don't pay him no mind. Or his friends.

“These figure would also show how how things are so much worse under the Bush administration and how under his administration things would be so much better.”

I’m sure HIS figures would say that.

“He should have the gone on to harangue the Bush administration for treating the ordinary soldier as an idiot who doesn't know a joke when he see's one and point out that the soldiers are the one's that experience Bush's policy in the middle east first hand and he will listen to there voice as given through the balot box in a FREE and DEMOCRATIC vote”

Like I said. I/we pay him no mind. Most military members, from every place I've been to, like Bush. Better put.........are very conservative.

“(pause for clapping and cheering by the faithful).”

Where?

“Doesn't he have the courage of his convictions or what?”

Who cares.

“Anyway, that's a foriegner's veiw, back to the housework!”

Good idea.

Don't forget to dust.