Our boys in Iraq

Yobe

Bush has made his share of tounge slips, but nothing like this just a few days before an election. Even if Kerry was trying to make a joke about Bush, I don't find the war in Iraq and the troops fighting it are something to joke about. If it was meant as a joke, which I personally doubt, it was poor form.

What about Bush saying that if Democrats win the Senate or the House the Terrorist win? That is a lie, that is disgusting to imply that Democrats, many who have served their country in the military would surrender to terrorists. Bush shows just as much poor form as Kerry and is on no higher plain.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah Ken, didn't want to point it out but although I agree with your points they pretty much apply to anyone in politics anywhere. Kerry was a dumbass to say what he said, and while I agree with him on some points I found that pic to be hilarious.

2008, when I'm the president. I'll fix everything. Just the way I like it.

Hope you have broadband on your island, and you'd better not be using my girls as aides because they're gonna be busy bartending.

I am a retired NCO served in two wars and find this current administration appalling. The "between line" policies and disregard for the Constitution lead me to retire and try to advocate for human rights.

Love this Country, swear my honor and life to it, but fear my Government

Amnesty International USA

Sorry Gents, please do not judge me, just my opinion. Having opinions and speaking them is the best part of freedom.

Lindy

Served in the military, didn't retire from it. I do not have a problem with what Kerry said. I do not feel he was insulting the troops, that is the spin Bush and company are spinning but that is not how I saw it. If you want to go that route, what he said is that if you don't take advantage of your public education and screw around you will have limited options. For a majority of young men and women who are capable but for whatever reason have put themselves in a position of limited options. The military is the best option for advancement and moving beyond their current situation, but it has serious consequences in our current geopolitical climate. When I was in basic, advanced training and my unit there were many soldiers I met that were not the sharpest pencils in the box.

Man... you guys should just kiss and make up wiuth those Redcoats you kicked out all those years back - or install a tyrannical despot, you know - like you do in Centrla and Sth. America from time to time - hell it can't get any worse than it is already, right?

:lol:

Corporate funding to political parties should be abolished.

Personal 'donations' to campaign funds should be abolished.

Let the f*ckers stand on a soapbox and let the people decide if they have anything of worth to say....

Democracy is turning into Big Bad Business - not "by the people, for the people"...

>:(

Oh, and by the way... Kerry is a moron - he is perfectly qualified for the job he holds and wanted to hold.

DubGeeYaw

Well folks let me restate what I said, I don't give a rat's what ever part, that people that rise to the top of the democracy, or any other system, need to have some truth and intergity displayed on a hourly basis, to demonstrate to younger americans that, it is important, very important. I have eight kids, five boys and three girls, bringing them up in this fashion, was a daily effort, I don't take credit for the sucess of it, I bestow that on their mother's. I an well aware that every single child born, will kick, scream, lie, cheat to get what they want, including you and me. To say that everyone lies, is an effort to bring down the level of integerity that some feel comfortable with.....I don't buy it for an instant..,..and yes this can be applied to any government agency anywhere in America....or the world.....Ken....He was telling a joke that went flat? get real!

Served in the military, didn't retire from it.  I do not have a problem with what Kerry said.  I do not feel he was insulting the troops, that is the spin Bush and company are spinning but that is not how I saw it.

Here are Kerry's exact words:

"You know, education--if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

How are those words being spun? Please enlighten me. He said what he said. Now he's trying to say that he really didn't mean it that way.

Kerry is backpedaling claiming it was a botched joke on Bush. I don't get the joke, I'm not even sure that there is a joke. Was he claiming Bush didn't go to college or was uneducated. Even Kerry knows he and Bush went to Yale together and Bush had slightly better grades! Where's the joke?

Then today, probably under immense pressure from his party leaders and the press, Sen. Kerry offes the classic "non-apology apology":

"As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member or American who was offended."

He claims it was all a bad joke and regrets his words were misinterpreted. How nice. >:(

Talk about "spinning". It's Kerry who is spinning here...

Sounded to me like a joke to some school kids that was blown way out of proportion. There is also an element of truth in what he said, you won't see many degree students running around a battlefield lugging an M16. I doubt he was being disrespectful to the troops, they probably would find it funny. Anybody asked them what they think?

Dub, ya gotta good point, but getting the IRA here would be worse than a whole boat load of Changs with Iraqi mechanics attached, breezing thru customs........ :( :(

IRA?

IRA who?

IRA Hayes?

The Marine that went to War?

;)

They don't exist any longer, Ken. Consigned to the history books.... ;)

Dubdove

A feeble attempt at humor,even in war of the minds we must think out side the befuddled brains we posess :( and that displays it perfectly!....Ken

"You know, education--if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
Who does the media mention is stuck in Iraq? Bush and company. Even if he is talking directly to the students he is correct. If you don't make the most of your education and make an effort to be smar and do well, you have very limited options.

The spin was the LIE by media saying it was about the troops, which it is not.

If Bush believes so much in this war why doesn't he get his daughters to do their patriotic duty and join and fight?

To say that everyone lies, is an effort to bring down the level of integerity that some feel comfortable with.....I don't buy it for an instant..,..and yes this can be applied to any government agency anywhere in America....or the world.
That was not my intention, I think Kerry blew a line, he should have apologized to those who were offended and said I blew a line. Nuff said, but he didn't cause he is an idiot. That the Republicans have jumped on this like a pack of starving dogs would a steak, is sad and nothing but an attempt to distract from the dismal governing they have done while in charge of this country.

If Bush believes so much in this war why doesn't he get his daughters to do their patriotic duty and join and fight?

;)

JohnBG

But you approve of Senator Kerry's recent comment?

The comment doesn't bother me, that is freedom of speech. If you make a comment out of context or mean something else apologize for it, show integrity. My father also retired from the military and he taught me at an early age, "The maximum effective range of an excuse is 0 meters, take ownership for your actions." That is the issue to me not what he said.

Lindy

FI FIE, FOOO FUM ....I sence the presence of .....chose one...

1......democrat.

2.......Republican

Or to put it differently

Kerry Keen Kover up men....

Bushman...seldom seen.....but always winning...

:( ...Ken