Breakfast

Ragman

There is only 1 Cracker barrel in my state and even that one opened maybe not quite a year ago.Up nawth they ain't as numerous as they are down south.But you southern boys can keep your biscuits and gravy.Sausage grease and flour just doesn't make it for any meal.I mean I can eat hot Italian sausage anytime any way but I ain't saving the grease and dumping it onto bread or rolls or stuff.Same thing with bacon I can eat a pound if you're cooking it but throw the grease out with the trash.My favorite is hot Italian sausage mushrooms onions peppers cooked first and then stuffed in a 4 egg omlet with some mozzarella cheese.

CATFISH

mmmmm.... sausage & bacon grease! B)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup ;

NORM's is a good place for eats after a ride , the coffee at the one Lyman and I like to go to sux as they're too lazy to clean the machine (needs White Vinegar every few months) but the rest is good , waitresses have good attitudes and a few are cute (always helps) .

Used to be (30 years ago) NORM's was a top notch place , now just decent and always open .

You guys are missing all the good stuff, moose burgers with a touch of caribou thrown in available near Chicken, Alaska at mile 98 or somthin like that, road closed in winter due to snow and ice -50F and such, however if yer snow machine is in good shape........... :huh: :thumbsup:

You guys are missing all the good stuff, moose burgers with a touch of caribou thrown in available near Chicken, Alaska at mile 98 or somthin like that, road closed in winter due to snow and ice -50F and such, however if yer snow machine is in good shape........... :huh: :thumbsup:

The only place where you can get naturally iced coffee 10 months out of the year.

CATFISH

I, too, never understood the whole biscuits and gravy thing.... When I moved to Texas from Long Island (I know, let the jokes begin) after my stint with Uncle Sam, I went out drinking one night with my new friends.

Afterwards, we went out for the obligitory breakfast. They all said I had to try biscuits and gravy with a side of grits, because "you're in Texas now!!". The biscuits and gravy did nothing for me, the grits tasted like wet beach sand. Sorry kermi !! Then everyone offered me their "solution" to make the grits taste right. Add butter. Add syrup. Add this and that. Still tasted horrible to me !! :unsure:

Then they said my taste buds where ruined because of the beer I chose. I was drinking Black and Tans, they were drinking Miller Lite.

Tried it a few times over the years, I guess these yankee taste buds won't adjust !! But I gross them out when I put 'krawt on a hotdog..... :D

I, too, never understood the whole biscuits and gravy thing.... When I moved to Texas from Long Island (I know, let the jokes begin) after my stint with Uncle Sam, I went out drinking one night with my new friends.

Afterwards, we went out for the obligitory breakfast. They all said I had to try biscuits and gravy with a side of grits, because "you're in Texas now!!". The biscuits and gravy did nothing for me, the grits tasted like wet beach sand. Sorry kermi !! Then everyone offered me their "solution" to make the grits taste right. Add butter. Add syrup. Add this and that. Still tasted horrible to me !! :unsure:

Then they said my taste buds where ruined because of the beer I chose. I was drinking Black and Tans, they were drinking Miller Lite.

Tried it a few times over the years, I guess these yankee taste buds won't adjust !! But I gross them out when I put 'krawt on a hotdog..... :D

A True hand drawn Bass/Guiness Black & Tan at a local pub is a thing of beauty. Just the way one color floats on the other, brings a tear to me eye! :cry:

However, those premixed, prebottled, Black & Tans stink! >:(

You don't like biscuts & gravy and you live in Texas? I thought there were laws in TX that forced ya to eat that for breakfast! ;)

oh waffle house. i miss it. cheese scrambled eggs mixed in the grits with extra buttery raisin toasts and sausage. i have a local place here that serves me breakfast any time of the day and i know everyone that works there. sweet. better than cheers. :D

John,

PRE-mixed Black and Tans ??? Never heard of 'em, I'd rather drink Guiness out of a can before I drank a premixed Black and Tan !!

Yep, everyone down here says I'll like biscuits and gravy if I stay here long enough......been here since 1984, I guess they never said HOW long I have to be here. :)

Breakfast for me consists of coffee, 2 eggs over easy, home fries (not shredded potato piled like a pancake then browned) bacon and Jewish rye toast.

Yankee boys here know what home fries are, you southern boys are probably lost...... :)

Dwight-

Spicy brown mustard on a hot dog is a given !! :D Onions ? Nah. :cry:

For those trying to figure out why my beer/food tastes are what they are; I am 100% Irish (Roman Catholic), 2nd generation American, born and raised on Long Island by two parents born in Brooklyn in the 1930's..... :D If I became I cop I would have completed the stereotype !!

What are grits...

Sauerkraut and dogs, with rye buns, is delicious....

Mustard is only good to make a poisoned person vomit.. :lol:

Biscuits and gravy... that sounds disgusting, never had it, should probably try..