Breakfast

Ragman

Today, I got up a 5:00 am, to get ready for a special breakfast meeting, with a close friend, on her way to work... We went and had the Flying J special Breakfast Buffet......

All good greasy food, and no bellyache after it. Our Friend was so excited to have breakfast with us.. that was so cool.

The local Flying J is about 45 miles away, so it is a good ride.......

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Nice thing about flying j is the buffet - trying to get menu service in most of them is a waste of time. I have sat for over 20 minutes,waiting for the server, drooling for a breakfast, when the buffet hadn't got one.

Ahhh...there used to be a little diner in Humble, Texas. Homemade bisquits with sausage gravy, a T-bone, scrambled eggs with cheddar and best coffee I can remember. $ 6.00

Can't get any of that here without cooking it myself, and forget about a decent steak anyway... :cry:

Cracker Barrel!? Pleeease....chain food like the rest. Give me good diner breakfast anyday! Chris

On RT 34 on the way to Chicago there is a place called Steak and Egger. $5 gets eggs steak and toast. OJ is extra. The spoons are so greasy they stick to the walls.

good eats.

Cracker Barrel!? Pleeease....chain food like the rest. Give me good diner breakfast anyday! Chris

MMMMMMM.... Uncle Herschel's breakfast! Cracker Barrell - good!

But it is nice to find the good local Breakfast Joints. BBee's in Sanford, The Osteen Diner in Osteen, and the Biscuit & Gravy in New Smyrna.

Anyplace that has good home made scratch bicuits and thick sausage gravy is tops in my book.

Although the best ever breakfast I had was the Rio Hotel Breakfast Buffet in Las Vegas years ago.

There is only 1 Cracker barrel in my state and even that one opened maybe not quite a year ago.Up nawth they ain't as numerous as they are down south.But you southern boys can keep your biscuits and gravy.Sausage grease and flour just doesn't make it for any meal.I mean I can eat hot Italian sausage anytime any way but I ain't saving the grease and dumping it onto bread or rolls or stuff.Same thing with bacon I can eat a pound if you're cooking it but throw the grease out with the trash.My favorite is hot Italian sausage mushrooms onions peppers cooked first and then stuffed in a 4 egg omlet with some mozzarella cheese.

CATFISH

My favorite is hot Italian sausage mushrooms onions peppers cooked first and then stuffed in a 4 egg omlet with some mozzarella cheese.

CATFISH

Now that sounds really tasty... I am not doing to good, with the reintroduction of meat into my diet, so have had to back off some.... but that sounds good enough to have sometime soooooon.