If you had a time machine

Mac

Hello people

Someone ask me this the other day. I thought it was kinda intresting

Here it is.

1. You have a time machine that will only take you back as far as 100 years.

2. And only for one hour.

3. With you, is a 35mm camera with only one picture left.

4. The only thing you're aloud to wear (man or woman) is a T-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes.

I'm still thinking about it.

Mac

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That never even crossed my mine.

I'll wager it's the best idea. And you're the first reply

I thinking we'll all be millionaires when this thread is done.

Mac

Sounds like a plan

Go for it I say

At first i thught to go back and get me a 250 GTO Ferrari for cheap... Then i too thought - Lottery... But then ChicagoRandy would clear all that money himself. Then I felt bad for being so materialistic and not use the 35 mm camera and so...

So I would just go back far enough to make the last shot with the camera, sell it and purchase Apple computers or Microsoft stocks when it was next to nothing - literally! Heck, then i can get the 250 GTO, vintage 35mm camera and a bunch of bikes, russian iron included :)

I'd go back the full 100 years, run to the patent office with the Sony camera and Nike sneakers...

Badabing! Better than winning the lottery.

Yeah, it's got a few holes, but you get the idea.

I've often wondered how much a guy with an M-16 and a bag of ammo could've changed the world 300 years ago.

Or maybe I'd've gone back to 1962 and stood on a grassy knoll in Dallas with my camera...

Or maybe followed Jimmy Hoffa (outside of pistol range of course!) for a few days...

Or maybe go back to 1914 and warned Archduke Ferdinand not to pick up Serbian hitchhikers with pistols.

Or maybe go back to 9/11 and beat Muhammed Atta senseless with my camera in the airport.

Ahhhh. To ponder the possibilities

That'd be a good one, Randy.

There's a great movie called "Frequency" where a guy does just that. He's able to talk to his dad through an old ham radio and changes his family's future. If only, huh...

There's a great movie called "Frequency" where a guy does just that. He's able to talk to his dad through an old ham radio and changes his family's future. If only, huh...

Frequency is a kick a$$ movie! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't go back, not even to yesterday. All I know is that every decision I have made in my life thus far has resulted in me staying alive - were I to go back and change something, anything, there's no guarantee that change would have the same result.

While on my 180 mile roundtrip out to pay homage to JC Whitney in Utica, IL today, just got back by the way (dammmm it's hot-lol) I decided I want to change my plan.

I'd like to go back to when my dad was about 35/40 yrs old and tell him to stop smoking and drinking or he wouldn't make it past 49. It would have been nice were he around for my 16th birthday or had he seen his grand kids grow up or even take a ride in a dopey Russian sidecar cycle.

That's my new wish and I think I'm gonna stick to it.

I too always worried about my fathers drinking and smoking especially after my mother died when I was 25 but he never quit either.He'll be 81 in a month and he still goes out drinking and he hardly ever smokes less than 4 packs a day. Now I wonder if I'll ever live as long as he did.

CATFISH

I'll just go back & be the one who replaces Pete Best, instead of Ringo.

But I WON'T make CAVEMAN.

Frequency is a kick a$$ movie! :thumbsup:

There used to be a TV show on Fox years ago, I can't remember the name of it, but the premise was that the government had a time machine that could send someone back in time one week, in the event of an emergency, so he could warn the governmet and they could try to stop the problem from happening, before it could happen. He couldn't take anything with him, just his memory. Too bad we didn't have this on 9/10/01... Funny part is the first time he went back, he invested his whole savings on betting on a ball game that he already knew the outcome of, but lost the bet, because somehow, something small he did, magnified and changed the outcome somehow.

"Quantum Leap" was good too...

Besides H.G. Well's "Time Machine, as far as time travel movies go, I loved the "Back to The Future" movies.

Where would I go and take one picture (without changing history)? Probably somewhere to find out the scoop on a conspiracy theory.

Texas School Book Depository on November 22, 1963?

Roswell, NM on July 2, 1947?

Graceland on August 16, 1977?