Drive thru

CCCP girl

The point that made me realize that we love drive thru's really hit home when I was at the checkout line at my brand new Wal-Mart. On the counter is a large McDonalds menu. You can order at the Wal-mart register, pay for it there, then walk over to the McDonalds counter and pick it up. Drive thru ? Not really. But it's there ready for you when you walk up. You don't even have to wait the 30 seconds for them to put the stuff in the bag !! QUICKER than a drive thru ! I think the next stage is they'll be putting fries in your mouth as you walk to your car.....

Oh yeah, for those who don't know; Houston was voted "fattest city in america" 3 years running !!! Whoo-hooo !! We're number 1 !! :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nah, nothing gives me the farts like loooong silences. At that point they don't stink, but EVERYONE and their uncle turns around. There're only two things to do: 1. turn around with them or 2. claim it proudly.

Personally, I rarely claim it unless it can clear a fairly full room without making a sound. At that point, I'm proud. :lol:

:cry: :D :lol: :surprise: SBDs that is a true artform, clearing the aisle at the store too :o

Nah, nothing gives me the farts like loooong silences. At that point they don't stink, but EVERYONE and their uncle turns around. There're only two things to do: 1. turn around with them or 2. claim it proudly.

Personally, I rarely claim it unless it can clear a fairly full room without making a sound. At that point, I'm proud. :lol:

:cry: :D :lol: :surprise: SBDs that is a true artform, clearing the aisle at the store too :o

Oh elevators are the best. Without a doubt. I like sitting there and looking demure and petite while covering my smile with my hand.

I swear, I'd get away with it every time if I didn't find it so damn funny.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my "fun" things to do is go through a drive-thru to just pick up food, but not eat it there. If I'm taking in home, I'll have beverages there and if I'm eating at the drive thru, I usually have something in the sidecar that I can drink.

You order your meal, but no drinks.

They ask - "Would you like anything to drink with that?"

And you reply... "Nope. I'll just choke it down!!!"

This usually gets some interesting looks from the window. Doing on the Ural is even better. And, of course, going to the grocery store and putting five bags of groceries in the trunk is good for a hoot as well as using the spare wheel as you cup holder when at Sonic.

The Romans got fat near the end too....

Any of your leaders play the lyre?

:lol:

Sorry guys... fatness irritates me. McDonalds should be closed on health grounds.

It seems that education and money doesn't remove the greedy gene....

Still, we get to see nice trim bodies in the adverts on TV... if not in the mirror before we wash our blubber-laden bodies....

No... it's not an American disease... but a disease of affluence .. and Old Europe is beginning to suffer... but thinking governmentsa re aiming to tax high fat foods out of our diet. I agree with it, personally....

Sometimes the Nanny State is the only way to stop people from choking themselves to death on high fat foods and then complaining about the cost of health care....

€0.02

Dub

• 3 weeks later...

Better yet. I went in a circle K with my helmet and cloves and bought coffee and donuts and a carton of cigs. and the girl at the counter said how are you going to ride your bike with all of this stuff? Then she said your kidding arent you? I said no I do all the time. She said sure! So I showed her and she about died. T2

I think people in the bike's original habitat have us all beat. When I was living in Kazakhstan I saw four people and about a zillion watermelons on an old 650 Ural. Two guys were riding sort of squatting down between the side car and the bike, two guys on the bike and the sidecar full of "Arbuse" (watermelons.) I was impressed anyway!

Bill

When I was replacing the crank in my CJ I made some trips it the hardware for nuts and bolts. The kid asked what I was working on because of the fine thread metric bolts. I told him what it was and he asked to see it sometime. About a week later I was in getting plumbing parts and told him it was in the parking lot. He looked at the 10' drain pipe and looked at me funny. He carried the pipe out and I strapped it to the frame next to the sidecar and drove off.

Another time I was at a lawn sale with my son and bought a 19" TV. A couple was trying to load several picture frame on a bike. I jokingly sead "you need a sidecar" he sead "nobody uses those anymore".

Chris Jordan

Sorry guys... fatness irritates me. McDonalds should be closed on health grounds.

I eat at McDonalds about 2-3 times a month, and don't see anything wrong with them outside of some environmental concerns. (Hey, it's the only "hamburger" in town) :blush:

I'd suggest the problem isn't with McDonald's food per se, it's with the people who base their entire diet on stuff like that because they're too lazy / poor / ignorant to eat anything except "fast food".

But just my 2 stotinki...

Hey Cardiologists have to make a living too you know.Maybe all of us who grew up on Mcdonalds will never live to see 75. Then they will do a study and prove that before Mcdonalds the average life span was higher before they went in business.I still like their double cheese burgers.In high school after work at night it was a daily stop for 6 of them .

CATFISH

You should check out the movie "Supersize Me!" if you haven't seen it already. It's about a vegetarian filmmaker who decides to eat nothing but McDonalds for a solid month. He gains like a pound a day (however, there is a skinny guy that says he's been eating like 2-4 Big Mac per day for years; his secret: stay away from the fries) and his doctor says his liver is starting to take on the same characteristics as a chronic alcohol abuser and advises him not to eat fast food for at least a year. I don't know if it was very scientific or slanted at the industry but it was entertaining.

These facts? Uh, Not So Fun.

Each day, 1 in 4 Americans visits a fast food restaurant

In 1972, we spent 3 billion a year on fast food - today we spend more than 110 billion

McDonald's feeds more than 46 million people a day - more than the entire population of Spain

French fries are the most eaten vegetable in America

You would have to walk for seven hours straight to burn off a Super Sized Coke, fry and Big Mac

In the U.S., we eat more than 1,000,000 animals an hour

60 % of all Americans are either overweight or obese

One in every three children born in the year 2000 will develop diabetes in their lifetime

Left unabated, obesity will surpass smoking as the leading cause of preventable death in America

Obesity has been linked to: Hypertension, Coronary Heart Disease, Adult Onset Diabetes, Stroke, Gall Bladder Disease, Osteoarthritis, Sleep Apnea, Respiratory Problems, Endometrial, Breast, Prostate and Colon Cancers, Dyslipidemia, steatohepatitis, insulin resistance, breathlessness, Asthma, Hyperuricaemia, reproductive hormone abnormalities, polycystic ovarian syndrome, impaired fertility and lower back pain

The average child sees 10,000 TV advertisements per year

Only seven items on McDonald's entire menu contain no sugar

Willard Scott was the first Ronald McDonald - he was fired for being too fat

McDonald's distributes more toys per year than Toys-R-Us

Diabetes will cut 17-27 years off your life

McDonald's: "Any processing our foods undergo make them more dangerous than unprocessed foods"

The World Health Organization has declared obesity a global epidemic

Eating fast food may be dangerous to your health

McDonald's calls people who eat a lot of their food "Heavy Users"

McDonald's operates more than 30,000 restaurants in more then 100 countries on 6 continents

Before most children can speak they can recognize McDonald's

Surgeon General David Satcher: "Fast food is a major contributor to the obesity epidemic"

Most nutritionists recommend not eating fast food more than once a month

40% of American meals are eaten outside the home

McDonald's represents 43% of total U.S. fast food market