Dnepr MT-11 carbs with Kohler needles

Welp.. finally had to adjust the float on the left carb.. Don't remember how long it has been trouble free one kick starter...

I think I been too aggressive on the "tickler" and caused this myself... All Better now...

Just thought I would Share.... brag!!!!

I used the Walbro float needles in my K65 carbs. They worked fine on one but I still had trouble with the other carb needle not sealing off the flow. I turned a 35 degree point on an old 1/4-20 bolt and cut a shoulder on it on my metal lathe so it would just drop in the carbs where the needles seat. Using a small hammer I hit the end of the tool so it would impart a small 35 degree angle where the point of the needles sit. Now the ends of the needles with their 35 degree points sit in a hole that matches them. No more leaking needle seats! That fixed a lot of other carb problems I was having like variable idle speeds and idle speed "taking off higher" randomly at red lights and idling in stop and go traffic. That stuff was caused by random fuel levels in the carbs.

6 hours ago, Scott E said:

I used the Walbro float needles in my K65 carbs. They worked fine on one but I still had trouble with the other carb needle not sealing off the flow. I turned a 35 degree point on an old 1/4-20 bolt and cut a shoulder on it on my metal lathe so it would just drop in the carbs where the needles seat. Using a small hammer I hit the end of the tool so it would impart a small 35 degree angle where the point of the needles sit. Now the ends of the needles with their 35 degree points sit in a hole that matches them. No more leaking needle seats! That fixed a lot of other carb problems I was having like variable idle speeds and idle speed "taking off higher" randomly at red lights and idling in stop and go traffic. That stuff was caused by random fuel levels in the carbs.

Hmmm... Not being that scientific, what I found was the walboro needles are smallish diameter, and the left side float would not get ahold of the needle properly... My needle nose pliers closed the "slot" a bit...and all good!!!