First Wolf Ride in a long time

RussN

Two days ago I dug my 2003 Ural Wolf out from the back of the garage, where it had been parked for the past 1.5 years.

It had been out of service due to my right shoulder rebuild one year ago, which made riding a solo a dangerous proposition.

I cleaned the bike, changed the oils, and added some air in the front tire. The rear tire did not require air because it does not have a typically slow bleeding Russian rubber inter tube.

The battery had been maintained all this time, and the bike fired right up even with the older gas in the tank! I had added some fuel preservative when it was shut down. Now the Wolf engine starts again on the first kick, as has been its habit since new.

So I enjoyed a delightful ride around the upper Hood River Valley with snow-covered Mt. Hood towering overhead. The blossoms on the fruit trees were just being replaced with bright green leaves, the skies were clear, and the air temperature perfect. And the Wolf ran perfectly.

I enjoyed a wonderful ride, and look forward to more.

In the past year while my shoulder was recovering, I have maintained our car and pickup truck, restored a 55-year old steam launch, finished building my second 1/8th scale, 7.5" gauge operating steam locomotive, maintained my first locomotive, and now both Urals are happily transporting us, too. So every transportation machine we have (plus a classic Datsun 240Z) is operating properly and ready to use.

Road, Rail and Water. Fun stuff.

post-27762-0-54651900-1589037622_thumb.jpg post-27762-0-95676300-1589038072_thumb.jpg post-27762-0-07461200-1589038188_thumb.jpg

I'm looking forward to a good year, despite the pandemic limiting us at this time.

Everyone stay healthy and constructively happy!

RussN

Thank you Becky and SafetyBob!

It is good to be back after repairs.

RussN