First ride in 1 year +

Yesterday rode my sidecar rig for the first time in over a year!

Last May 2019 my right shoulder was surgically reconstructed after damage from several causes, motorcycling causing the first damage. So I've been unable to ride any of my motorcycles for over a year. Or do much of any physical activities! My life has all been about rebuilding atrophied muscles.

So I put 108 kms on the bike, leaving my home just north of Mt. Hood, Oregon, USA, and riding across the Columbia River to the base of Mt. Adams, in Washington State. I helped a Sidecar Friend Vernon set up his camp on the southern slopes of an old lava flow, and enjoyed some outside time before heading back home.

I can happily report that my shoulder today is just muscle sore, with no evidence of new strains or damage! A great confidence builder. I look forward to riding again as much as possible.

And my 2007 Retro rig performed flawlessly, having been put away so long ago with all fresh fluids. I just had to top up the tire pressures, and she started right up. Thank you Retro!

Pic attached of the view on my return home. looking east up the Columbia River. Photo was taken in Washington and looking across to Hood River in Oregon. I LOVE living in such a geologically dramatic region! Great riding everywhere.

I am very pleased to be back in the saddle again!

RussN

post-27762-0-80989900-1582992562_thumb.jpg

Heartwarming story...I live at the bottom of a large geological valley, in the middle of the UK, so not as scenic as yours buddy. And am about to get my MT9 on the road for the first time....I'll post some pics when I do but they won't be as pretty as your....Well done Russ.

Thanks for your Well Wishes, Guys.

Happily received.

And I've been riding the rig again for local stuff.

Sure feels good to be back.

RussN

• 4 months later...

Glad you are back up and running. I know how that goes. I broke a piston ring last year and just got it fixed. I rode from Lincoln, NE to Alexandria, SD last Thursday and from Alexandria to Chamberlain, SD and back on Saturday. Yesterday I took my bride for a ride of about an hour and a half. Life is good after all.

Spiritwalker:

Welcome back on the road!

I wish you two many more good miles together.

RussN

• 4 weeks later...

Russ, good to know you are doing better.

I wish you improve and get to 100% strength and enjoy the pain free life!

Thank you! Since that first ride this year I've successfully ridden both my Retro and Wolf, and greatly enjoyed being back on 2/3 wheels!

During the heat wave we're having, this morning is not motorcycling but Water Test #2 of our steam launch that we restored.

So far so good, but today we will enjoy the cool of the Columbia River, and some steam boating.

RussN

post-27762-0-97161400-1596207402_thumb.jpg