Runs for abt 30 seconds and quits

My M16 hgas run great for many years. Now it cranks up and Runs for abt 30 seconds and quits.

I have done the following:

1 Cleaned and recheck carb settings(Mikuni style not K65)

2 I have tried 2 point/condenser ignitioin systems and 2 electronic ignition systems. All start but still quit after abt 30 seconds.

3 Cleaned and regapped plugs and changed plug wires.

4. Checked valve clearance.

5. Checked compression--both abt 90PSI.

6. Checked voltage to ignition--12.5V or more.

7. Drained gas and put fresh no-ethenol gas in bike.

Bike still starts but only runs for abt 30 seconds.

The reason i asked that was sometimes, if the petrol isn't flowing freely, it can do exactly what you describe ..the float bowls will fill but not fast enough to keep it going ...i had it before and it was just crap in the tank causing it. Good luck with it :)

The reason i asked that was sometimes, if the petrol isn't flowing freely, it can do exactly what you describe ..the float bowls will fill but not fast enough to keep it going ...i had it before and it was just crap in the tank causing it. Good luck with it :)

And the trick then is to blow air back through the tube and into the gastank.. that'll loosen up most crap. (I'd normally use my lungs to provide this air)

And the trick then is to blow air back through the tube and into the gastank.. that'll loosen up most crap. (I'd normally use my lungs to provide this air)

Does it die instantly, or die out kinda slowly??

Do you have time to pull the enricher as it begins to die??

After changing ignition systems more than once, and same symptoms...assuming the entire ignition system was changed... most certainly a fuel delivery problem!! Remove the inline fuel filters, and try again!!!!

I detest [borderline hate] inline fuel filters!!!!

• 2 weeks later...